Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Morning everyone!

Went to bed at 2am, woke up at 6am to find my skylight covered with snow, ran to the window and we have a good 5cm of snow I reckon. Snow day for me! Yessss!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Why do TV reporters never come here? Some great snowy scenes to be had. Sky News have reporters in S Wales and Birmingham which both have less than here by the look of it.

Is it still snowing? I don't know if I can trust the radar yet lol. It's still snowing here, around 3-4cm of fresh snow has fallen, settled everywhere even the main road at the bottom of mine.

Posted

Absolute craap here about 2cm and no snow falling, dissapointing, seems asif other parts of the region got more.

Posted
Absolute craap here about 2cm and no snow falling, dissapointing, seems asif other parts of the region got more.

We didnt get much either, still snowing lightly, been lightly snowing since about 5am.. Dont think it was ever heavy here!

Posted

It has stopped here now. It is not raining however so may just stay..? Not sure what the temperature is but it's good snow, not wet and very deep. Deepest for 18 years in these parts easily.

Just helped push a car back with 8 other people as it got stuck trying to drive out.

Fantastic!

Edit: I'm assuming everything moved a little further south at the last minute?? Anyone?

Edited by ukmoose

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The forecasters deserve a real banging about this because they got our area completely wrong though to be fair we have had about 4cm new snow, no school again and the roads are a bit messy!

Normally we seem to get whatever North Worcestershire has so about 3/4cm new snow sounds about right. <_<

We now have about 8cm on surfaces which didnt suffer the big thaw!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Guys is this going to turn to Rain around the S-O-T area?

Trying to decide whether to make the trip from Stoke - Stafford... leaving now and returning approx 2.30pm... will it all be gone by then?

Is it going to keep snowing in Stoke?

If you're going via the M6 then you should be ok.......Reading between lines though, whatever weather you currently have, thats probably what you'll get for the day now.......

Have cancelled my Devon trip today, wise heads have prevailed, stuff the money...now, where's my snowman making kit??...... <_<

edit......Morning Andy! You were bang on with your prediction mate...looks like Leicester/northants has had a good dumping....plenty more to come me thinks :cold:

Posted

Current picture from someone back garden in Oadby, Leicester who has a weather station...

http://www.carthage.nildram.co.uk/vws/groundcam.htm

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

Bloody hell how wrong have the charts been or what <_<

Snow so much further east than forecast.

However i dont really mind cos its throwing it down with it here atm :cold:

But....no way will i get the 10cm now :( looks like the east will, AGAIN.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
Morning everyone!

Went to bed at 2am, woke up at 6am to find my skylight covered with snow, ran to the window and we have a good 5cm of snow I reckon. Snow day for me! Yessss!

warwick snow! 5-6cms yeeesssss, trying to get the kids up <_< . hope you all have fun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It is still snowing here Andy, has been since I got up with no reprieve.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well, needless to say... I'm working from home today <_<

Posted
Is it still snowing? I don't know if I can trust the radar yet lol. It's still snowing here, around 3-4cm of fresh snow has fallen, settled everywhere even the main road at the bottom of mine.

Yes still snowing steadily even though according to the radar it should have stopped by now.

To be honest I do want the front to clear here now asap so that it doesn't turn to rain.

Posted
edit......Morning Andy! You were bang on with your prediction mate...looks like Leicester/northants has had a good dumping....plenty more to come me thinks :)

Hey AJ :) It was a strange night because for about 45 minutes it was showing light-moderate precip in Leicester/Northants and nothing was falling! It was only when the heavier precip arrived that it started falling but even then it wasn't big flakes, it's been about 3 hours of continious light to moderate small flake snow but it's coming down hard with those small flakes. Looks amazing out, 3-4cm of fresh snow has fell and my road looks gorgeous!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
The forecasters deserve a real banging about this because they got our area completely wrong though to be fair we have had about 4cm new snow, no school again and the roads are a bit messy!

Normally we seem to get whatever North Worcestershire has so about 3/4cm new snow sounds about right. :)

We now have about 8cm on surfaces which didnt suffer the big thaw!

Blizzards.....why do continue to moan, banging on about your lack of snowfall?......Its getting somewhat repetitive mate!.........The forecasters have actually got it fairly well correct.....UKMO was always progging this further east than Gfs......Anyways mate, there is more snow to come.....more frontal snow will develope over our area I'm sure, plus that occluded front over scotland has yet to make its prescence felt in our neck of the woods.........Stop maoning and keep your chin up! :)

Posted
It has stopped here now. It is not raining however so may just stay..? Not sure what the temperature is but it's good snow, not wet and very deep. Deepest for 18 years in these parts easily.

Just helped push a car back with 8 other people as it got stuck trying to drive out.

Fantastic!

Edit: I'm assuming everything moved a little further south at the last minute?? Anyone?

Nothing like community spirit in this weather!! :)

Snow coming down fast, still small flakes though.

Posted

It appears that the radar is still playing up for some reason.. Serendipity you said it's still snowing there now, radar says it should be cleared away, and for Northampton... The radar has been positioning PPN wrong all night, trust it to go wrong on today of all days!

Posted

Very disappointed. I thought we were supposed to be the worst hit area? We have 1cm snow! Glad at least some of you have got decent falls though :)

Posted
Hey AJ :) It was a strange night because for about 45 minutes it was showing light-moderate precip in Leicester/Northants and nothing was falling! It was only when the heavier precip arrived that it started falling but even then it wasn't big flakes, it's been about 3 hours of continious light to moderate small flake snow but it's coming down hard with those small flakes. Looks amazing out, 3-4cm of fresh snow has fell and my road looks gorgeous!

Hello mate :) ....yes we've got those small fine flakes here too, but plenty of them....about 1-1.5 inches here, but I think the front is starrting to stall out, so I think what we've got, we'll keep for the day, with the scottish front arriving later to pep things up a bit....what say you?

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Current picture from someone back garden in Oadby, Leicester who has a weather station...

http://www.carthage.nildram.co.uk/vws/groundcam.htm

OMG! How much you got????

Posted

Awesome stuff!!! Here we have atleast 4-5cm, thick carpet covering everything!! , The most snow iv seen here since February 2006, and this event easily beats Mondays by a clear mile......and a bonus......wasnt even forecast this amount of snow, rather NO snow by morning due to it turning back to rain......how cool is that.

BUT, is this going to be short lived. Is the snow going to melt in the oxford/Buckinghamshire/Reading areas???

Is rain going to wash it away later in the day?....(i hope not!!!)

:):):):) !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Morning all

Heavy snow in Market Harborough overnight and still it comes down. At least 8" in my garden where the sun didnt thaw the last dumping. Will it turn to rain before long? Perhaps one of you experts can give us a finite answer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Blizzards.....why do continue to moan, banging on about your lack of snowfall?......Its getting somewhat repetitive mate!.........The forecasters have actually got it fairly well correct.....UKMO was always progging this further east than Gfs......Anyways mate, there is more snow to come.....more frontal snow will develope over our area I'm sure, plus that occluded front over scotland has yet to make its prescence felt in our neck of the woods.........Stop maoning and keep your chin up! :)

Sorry, i meant the positioning of the action, i am happy with the depths, they are bang on target and with more expected we could exceed!

Sorry for the confusion though...Still snowing here though only small flakes currently...