Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Incredible heavy snow here at the moment.

There is a distinct yet narrow line of very heavy snow that is directly W-E of Peterborough. This area continues to expand on each radar frame.

looking great for you TEITS. but not too great here, looks to end in about an hours time !

what you think?

Posted
Nope not a flake at all!!!!

shoul be there any inute my friend. proves again the radar is really out of sync!!!

Posted

Looks as if this band of ppn is taking a more north-easterly track, with ppn perhaps slightly heavier than expected?

Posted
Its cant be many miles away from me then!!!

Do we think the band will swing round to the northwest a bit?

Should be with you any minute? It's been snowin for a while now, albeit only lightly

Would b good if the band did swing round to the northwest a bit but i don't think it will??? I'm not as confident as i was earlier of seeing something rather substantial, but what we have now is a start and better than nothing i guess :lol:

Just as i typed that the flakes have got bit bigger and snowing a bit more heavier now

Edited by Convection currents

Posted

Oxford is now exiting the back edge according to the radar, but while it certainly isn't as heavy as it was, it's still coming down at a reasonable rate. Given that the radar ought to be 15 minutes ahead anyway, one has to doubt the reliability.

Posted

Morning Dave woke at 4.30 and was really shocked at the amount that had fallen. about 4inch so far. How much longer do you see this lasting. Can't see myself going to work today. No traffic on the A45 (usually busy this time of day). Can't hear any trains either on the main London line.

Posted
Very decent covering here still snowing quite heavy now, easily the best snowfall this winter for me, the midlands will come to a standstill this morning can't see many even bothering going to work or school.

looks to clear off very soon, or ois the radar playing up?

Posted

In Oxford the snow is stopping. We've had perhaps 3 inches. But really it's worked out very well. Not only has it fallen as snow from beginning to end, but because it is wet (not such a good thing wrt longevity), everything has an especially thick coating. Bikes and cars and the like are completely immersed. And the fact that it has stopped means that we have avoided the rain, unless that should come later. I expect a quick thaw, though if any kind of layer can make it through the day, we're back on for tomorrow night.

Posted
Very decent covering here still snowing quite heavy now, easily the best snowfall this winter for me, the midlands will come to a standstill this morning can't see many even bothering going to work or school.

Really? :lol: where about are you and how much have you had because here we've had tiny little flakes/grains for the past hour giving a little dusting. :(

Posted

yay! Its all snowy outside! And its bloody freezing! Someone please tell me the snow is staying! Tell the rain to go away!

Posted
Morning Dave woke at 4.30 and was really shocked at the amount that had fallen. about 4inch so far. How much longer do you see this lasting. Can't see myself going to work today. No traffic on the A45 (usually busy this time of day). Can't hear any trains either on the main London line.

Now thats tricky to answer.

This is getting rather concerning. My snow started around 4am and within 1hr I have seen around 6cm. Now what is concerning is if you flick between the frames of the Met O radar near the wash you will see this hasn't really moved N at all and is remaining pretty much stationary.

I would prefer to see a few more frames before answering but heaven knows what the snowfall totals will be if this continues for another 3hrs!

The BBC are hinting it could last all day for the E Midlands!!

Posted

This is getting rather concerning. My snow started around 4am and within 1hr I have seen around 6cm. Now what is concerning is if you flick between the frames of the Met O radar near the wash you will see this hasn't really moved N at all and is remaining pretty much stationary.

I would prefer to see a few more frames before answering but heaven knows what the snowfall totals will be if this continues for another 3hrs!

WHat about here in the West Midlands?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
WHat about here in the West Midlands?

can some1 pls tell me ow long we have left of this snow or maybe send a radar this direction lol , thanks, heard its stopped in oxford , but also heard its grinded to a halt over the mids now??? comments pls!!!!!!!!! thanks

Posted

Thanks Dave still heavy here small flakes but lots of them. Can't see the A45 but can hear what sounds like trucks shunting back and forth. Would imagine a lot of chaos around the e midlands today.

Posted

Alright Dave, finally we get some decent snow!!!! But not long before it turns to rain me tinx :lol: Sods law huh....