Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

I've come to work in Birmingham from Tamworth where we had had 2ins overnight. In Birmingham it's been snowing heavy off and on since i got here at 7.30am. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
im in birmingham and weve had 2 iches last night still falling aswell anymore to come?

Well ppl are sayin its still moving northeastwards , but it looks to me on the met-office radar its slowly leaving brum, i hope im wrong , it could pep up quite easily . it it light where then?? its eased off a bit hear which is the last thing i want !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Still snowing heavily, fresh snow edging up to 1 cm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Morning everyone.

Woke at about 7am to light slow falling and a very slushy mess from yesterday's thaw. Snow then picked up.

However now we have approx 3cms on the ground, more where there was still existing snow cover.

Most schools in the town shut apart from the one my children attend!

Still snowing hard and fast at the moment, not sure how much longer it will last...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Snowing heavily hear now hear

Posted

The Severn Vale Snowshield has stopped working AGAIN!!

Whoever is borrowing the battery please replace it.

We've got another 3" of snow in again, and it's now falling very heavily.

We're just not used to it!! :clap:

7&Y

Edited by 7andY

Posted

Looks to me as if the precipitation band is narrowing and stalling as the fronts merge in current location. So the band is creeping North (Southern edge) and South (Northern edge).

Heavy snow here for past hour, on top of an extra 3 to 4 inches over night.

(Oxon/Northants border East of Banbury) 650feet asl. Must be a good 12inches overall even with all the thawing and slumping of previous snows.

Len

Edited by len

Posted
been snowing here all morning but doesn't seem to be sticking . Due points must be to high here.

Andy won't be pleased. :clap:

Posted
Heavy snow for over an hour now here in Northampton. I would estimate that about an inch has fallen on top of existing snow.

Getting heavier !!!

The A508 through kingsthorpe is at a standstill.no gritters in sight. :crazy:

Posted

About 2 inches of new snow so far this morning. White out conditions now. I reckon we lost 3 inches yesterday evening, so back upto about 6 inches with the new stuff. This could last most of the day! Haha. Shame I have to work, albeit from home...

Posted

What is this band doing now? Is it going to stall and then move southeast? and will it maintain it's intensity?

By the way, absolutly chucking it down, even though the radar does NOT show this, a new, fresh layer of snow, woppee :D:crazy:

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
Getting heavier !!!

The A508 through kingsthorpe is at a standstill.no gritters in sight. :crazy:

No surprise there then.

I can't quite believe how heavy it's coming down at the moment.

Incredible scenes here for a second day running! A proper winter wonderland out there.

:D

I see you live on EdgeHill where that famous battle was turnoutniceagain, nice castle inn you have, actually the village of EdgeHill is located about a mile inside the Warwickshire border :crazy:

Drive through there from time to time, you must be doing very well with your height.

Still coming down heavy ish here with a nice topping, another glorious picture card wintry looking day :D

Posted

I concur with my fellow Northants posters very very heavy snow (blizzard and whiteout are over used expressions) but I can understand there use in the context of what is happening outside. Staff have made it in and now look like getting stuck here !!!!

Got to be approaching 2 inches have fallen in the last hour.

Temp 0.4c and dewpoint -1.0c

Could be looking at another 6 inches at least if this carrys on for the rest of the morning

Edited by jimben

Posted

I'm just below Turnedoutniceagain who is on top of Edgehill - we are at the bottom of the hill and a lot lower. Still snowing heavily, 5 inches so far. Not a gritter in sight ...

Posted
I concur with my fellow Northants posters very very heavy snow (blizzard and whiteout are over used expressions) but I can understand there use in the context of what is happening outside. Staff have made it in and now look like getting stuck here !!!!

Could be looking at another 6 inches at least if this carrys on for the rest of the morning

All the schools closed, Not seen any buses running (my road is on a bus route and has got at least 2 inches on it.) if this continues till the afternoon, the county will be at a standstill.

Posted

Just when I think it's easing off, it picks up again!

Must be over 2 inches by now I would think, more like 3.

Posted

Listening to BBC Radio Northampton it is a nightmare out there on the roads. People trapped trying to get in out of Mereway multi storey car park, roads blocked at Sywell, Mears Ashby, Holcutt, roads around Moulton becoming impassable