Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
And in between Oxford and Stratford we're laughing in North Oxfordshire

http://null.co.uk/weather.forum/down...file.php?id=724

:D

Yes still snowing here although there is snow melt , its still 4 inches plus deep in places

Still on all roofs pavements and even main road in places

will start re building snowman tomorrow cant see much more melting now

1.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Coxxy22

Depending on your present temps and dew point you could be in with a shout . Check the returns on the Meteox radar etc.

Cheers Flyer :D

Edit Continuous heavy snow now settling fast.

Edited by flyer

Posted
Coxxy22

Depending on your present temps and dew point you could be in with a shout . Check the returns on the Meteox radar etc.

Cheers Flyer :D

Edit Continuous heavy snow now settling fast.

to me it seems like its rotating around me it never actually makes it to my doorstep lol

I live in Rugeley, Staffordshire. All the heavy snow we were promised never materialised, however, last night looking at the Met Office radar, the precip was right over me, unyet no snow came.

The snow has nearly all thawed out now, and I was wondering whether anybody knew if there is a chance I will see anymore snow the weekend or next week.

Joe406.

Posted
Yes still snowing here although there is snow melt , its still 4 inches plus deep in places

Still on all roofs pavements and even main road in places

will start re building snowman tomorrow cant see much more melting now

1.3c

Becoming brighter up here, slight snow melt, still tons :D once the cloud breaks and the freezing temps come it will take a while too shift this lot.

Posted
to me it seems like its rotating around me it never actually makes it to my doorstep lol

22 There is a barrow load being wheeled in along the M27 as we speak :D

Another small radial to come depends how quick the low travels East.

Outlook

Looking at the fax charts for today it could be a knife edge situation as prior to the next front on Tueday's low the 528 Dam line is half way up the counrty and only comes south as the low goes by so could be rain or snow on that occ front.

Chucking it down here now a superb 0.045 cm :D

Posted

Interesting Developments in the last 2 hours for Central Southern England.

The Low has completely Stalled over the Channel Islands and has hardly made any progress Eastwards.

What this has done is to pep up the Precip in the Channel and this is throwing bands of Snow North-Westwards towards the Coast and Central Southern England. I would expect quite a covering in the next fews hours for Hants, maybe as far North now as Western Parts of Sussex and Surrey before the 5-6pm timeframe, One to look out for.

Paul S

*Just posted this in the SE Thread so Copying it over here**

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sunday could be good...from the Meto:

UK regions: North West England

Wales

Yorkshire & Humber

West Midlands

East Midlands

North East England

Heavy Snow Sun 8 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central and northern England, and northeast Wales on Sunday. There is a potential for around 5cm in places as a band of snow moves eastwards.

Issued at: 1127 Fri 6 Feb

Midlands today has just pointed how they are closely Watching Sunday too. They also showed some wintry showers for us tomorrow morning from around the Cheshire gap. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Beat you !!

post-2786-1233928055_thumb.jpg

Where are you ??

please tell me you haven't got a foot of snow in oxfordshire. I'm in oxford and we've barely had a new covering from this event last night and today.

Posted

This is amazing hasent stoped snowing since yesterday evening. Any one traveling into oxford be aware most places are shutting down early because of the server weather conditions. Trains beleave it or not are running ok! I just got a day off work again;) Absolutly horrible to walk around in and drive about.

Edited by StormChaser

Posted
Sunday could be good...from the Meto:

UK regions: North West England

Wales

Yorkshire & Humber

West Midlands

East Midlands

North East England

Heavy Snow Sun 8 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central and northern England, and northeast Wales on Sunday. There is a potential for around 5cm in places as a band of snow moves eastwards.

Issued at: 1127 Fri 6 Feb

Midlands today has just pointed how they are closely Watching Sunday too. They also showed some wintry showers for us tomorrow morning from around the Cheshire gap. :)

Still looks a bit marginal for us really blizzards for Worcestershire, hopefully this will change....

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Anymore views about Sundays snow event?

It looks good for snow really anywhere except the south may have rain or wintry mix.

Sunday is most likely to have a band of snow moving E across the UK, eventually sliding SE, with snow on the northern flank and rain elsewhere. The UKMO has snow all the time over Yorks and at the beginning for the Midlands, before it turns sleety here. The GFS has rain for the Midlands and snow for Yorkshire pretty much all the way through due to the track being further N and the lower thicknesses and colder uppers further S. The track will change a fair bit over the coming days, although at the moment it looks like this COULD be more of a Nern event - let's hope so, as some areas of yorkshire, particularly the lower areas, have missed out somewhat! Although it looks like you could get at least some leading edge snow. :)

Posted
This is amazing hasent stoped snowing since yesterday evening. Any one traveling into oxford be aware most places are shutting down early because of the server weather conditions. Trains beleave it or not are running ok! I just got a day off work again;) Absolutly horrible to walk around in and drive about.

I think most parts of Oxfordshire have come out worse in the the last 24 hours.

Oxfordshire and Northants have took a battering in the last 48 hours

Posted
please tell me you haven't got a foot of snow in oxfordshire. I'm in oxford and we've barely had a new covering from this event last night and today.

We're on the Oxon/Northants border (about 10 milesEast of Edghill and 650' asl).

I've just been spinning round fields in a Jeep taking Hay to livestock. 12 to 15 inches generally I'd say. (Top of wellies job)

We had about 8" today.

It's been an amazing week, clearing snow virtually every day. (Partial thaws each day)

Len

Edited by len

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Still looks a bit marginal for us really blizzards for Worcestershire, hopefully this will change....

Indeed, The Meto does show Heavy Snow on Sunday night though. I think anywhere North of the M4 should see some Snow.

Sunday is most likely to have a band of snow moving E across the UK, eventually sliding SE, with snow on the northern flank and rain elsewhere. The UKMO has snow all the time over Yorks and at the beginning for the Midlands, before it turns sleety here. The GFS has rain for the Midlands and snow for Yorkshire pretty much all the way through due to the track being further N and the lower thicknesses and colder uppers further S. The track will change a fair bit over the coming days, although at the moment it looks like this COULD be more of a Nern event - let's hope so, as some areas of yorkshire, particularly the lower areas, have missed out somewhat! Although it looks like you could get at least some leading edge snow. :)

Indeed, some changes are likely though you are in a good position. I reckon here should see something at least for a bit but hopefully another covering! :cray::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Had at least 4/5 inches of snow today in North Oxfordshire

still light snow

Posted

Chilbolton Observatory

North ish hampshire

Heavy snow 1.5 cm in half an hour . As Paul Sherman says the low is slow moving East so could be a hoover event on the South coast. We have some catching up to do. This could just be it !

Bring it on :)

Posted
Indeed, some changes are likely though you are in a good position. I reckon here should see something at least for a bit but hopefully another covering! :):cray:

Yep, and no doubt you only need an inch and your school will be closed again! :)

We've had over 20cm on the ground all week now and hardly a single school has been closed (mine least of all).

Posted

You bet !!

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue !!

because of the server weather conditions.

How will the weather effect my Server ??

Posted

Snow event does look possible on Sunday though I wouldn't be surprised if its shunted a touch southwards then where its progged now, seems to have been the trend over the last few days but we shall have to wait and see. Doesn't look quite as extreme as yesterday/todays snow event but there is enough there it seems to suggest there could well be a good few inches where it stays as snow the whole way through.

I suspect even in the south the front flank will be of snow before it rapidly turns back to sleet/rain.

Posted
Chilbolton Observatory

North ish hampshire

Heavy snow 1.5 cm in half an hour . As Paul Sherman says the low is slow moving East so could be a hoover event on the South coast. We have some catching up to do. This could just be it !

Bring it on :D

i really hope so lol

Posted
Interesting Developments in the last 2 hours for Central Southern England.

The Low has completely Stalled over the Channel Islands and has hardly made any progress Eastwards.

What this has done is to pep up the Precip in the Channel and this is throwing bands of Snow North-Westwards towards the Coast and Central Southern England. I would expect quite a covering in the next fews hours for Hants, maybe as far North now as Western Parts of Sussex and Surrey before the 5-6pm timeframe, One to look out for.

Paul S

*Just posted this in the SE Thread so Copying it over here**

It certainly has. We're 5 miles south of Salisbury, steady snow has been falling for the last hour. Looking at the radar it looks like a brief interlude, before another band moves in within the next hour or so.

Posted
Chilbolton Observatory

North ish hampshire

Bring it on :D

T'is interestingd as meto said it would be gone by 2pm ... and its still at it. Not measured my snow yet. but its only just a wee dusting for now.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
Yep.

Snow stopped falling here in Solihull just over half hour ago. Cloud breaking. I can't believe it's all over already! :) (Paul, can I have a blue tissue please? Pink is just very not me! :D )

Can't complain really as how often does anyone, especially in England say that they have seen three major snow events in the space of 5 days? I can't remember unless I think back to January 1982 and not even sure about that as the old grey matter memory cells have decayed slightly in my more mature years since.

the only complaint I do have is with certain members of the media (you know who you are!!) overhyping it all as if we were in some sort of 'snowmaggedeon'.

Oh well, let's see what Sunday brings. Looking very 50/50 for England as I type this.

Phil.

is it really been that good????

im probably 25 miles from you max and its been a big over-hype in wolves......we really must have missed out - 2007 was better than this week so far.

monday 5-7cms - never snowed monday night :D

thursday - again prob 5-7cms.

last night - 1cm

the 90s were in a different league north of brum - dec 90, feb 91, feb 94, mar 95(when it was supposed to rain but snowed and caused chaos!!! - wolverhampton came to a standstill), feb 96 - all these I remember being BIG snow events - at least 15cms plus.....some were nearer a ft :D

personally I prefer a one off big snowfall then small snowfalls over a few days.

il remember this week for it being constantly on the news but not for the big snowfalls......

sunday come on :):)