Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Well its over now..

As I am only in College (Not right now, nobody turned up! :o ) I dont remember many good snow events..this one is certainly top of my list so far, closely followed by..last years I think, which just happened suddenly and everyone was stranded!

I just loved it how it was here one night, heavy snow.. next day you got to see what it had done, and the next you know, theres another front on the way for the next night! Really enjoyed this one, I look forward to next winter..but I look forward to this summer even more!

Shame its over, there has been dissapointments aswell, today, missed out by a matter of 8-10 miles.

Yesterday was ment to be in the firing line and had about half an inch.

But overall..it was fantastic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Northampton has nicked all our snow again. It started to snow lightly here about 5am, stayed that way for a few hours and only settled on the cars but not the wet surfaces from the thawed snow yesterday. Now it has been coming down quite heavy for the last half an hour and it's settling a bit but according to the radar it's going to be over here soon.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Still snowing here but it is thawing at the same time - temp 0.5 an DP -0.2 and my weather station warning rain now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Our last hope for something good is Sunday now. You watch us miss out by a few miles again! :o

Posted
Our last hope for something good is Sunday now. You watch us miss out by a few miles again! :lol:

Well it's coming from the West this time so you would get it before any of us in the East.

Looks too borderline though.

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
Northampton has nicked all our snow again. It started to snow lightly here about 5am, stayed that way for a few hours and only settled on the cars but not the wet surfaces from the thawed snow yesterday. Now it has been coming down quite heavy for the last half an hour and it's settling a bit but according to the radar it's going to be over here soon.

Makes a change Andy, normally the other way around

:lol:

It struggled to settle here at first too but it's been snowing pretty much non stop ever since about 8am this morning.

Posted
Makes a change Andy, normally the other way around

:lol:

It struggled to settle here at first too but it's been snowing pretty much non stop ever since about 8am this morning.

Hehe sometimes we get more but I reckon you did better out of Mondays event, yesterdays event and todays event. Then again i'm not too sure about Monday because we was in the heavy precip for ages and got loads but it looks like Northants was in the heavy stuff aswell.

Posted

Very Very Heavy snow now here in dorset, blizzard like conditions and its all settling nicely on top of a night of heavy rain. A good few cm.

Posted

wheres our snow then lol

as usuall we missed out again lol keep hearing that we might get some later today as this all shifts south/east

but me personaly i cant see it !! by looking at the radar it doesnt look like there is anything to shift south/east looks like its all dyin out ???

but then i aint no expert lol i aint really got a clue lol

any thoughts ??? whats my chances of seein a bit of snow today ????

Posted
Hehe sometimes we get more but I reckon you did better out of Mondays event, yesterdays event and todays event. Then again i'm not too sure about Monday because we was in the heavy precip for ages and got loads but it looks like Northants was in the heavy stuff aswell.

Not sure about Monday; I'd say Leicester had more. It says 6cm in my signature but I didn't actually measure on Monday, am simply taking the reading made by a local weather station so it may have been a little less here. Either way I've forgotten all about Monday now; these past couple of days have been FAR more interesting :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
We'll have 30cms by lunchtime here !!

yes Oxfordshire has had an amazing amount

Had a bit of sleet in the air an hour ago now some light snow

Dont expect anymore accumulations and with temp at 1.3c there is a slight thaw taking place

Posted
wheres our snow then lol

as usuall we missed out again lol keep hearing that we might get some later today as this all shifts south/east

but me personaly i cant see it !! by looking at the radar it doesnt look like there is anything to shift south/east looks like its all dyin out ???

but then i aint no expert lol i aint really got a clue lol

any thoughts ??? whats my chances of seein a bit of snow today ????

Yea I feel same as you mate. There aint ow't to give us more than flurries at mo.

Posted
We'll have 30cms by lunchtime here !!

post-2786-1233918410_thumb.jpg

Still coming down well, no sign of a let up yet.

post-2786-1233918478_thumb.jpg

post-2786-1233918532_thumb.jpg

post-2786-1233918557_thumb.jpg

post-2786-1233918584_thumb.jpg

post-2786-1233918627_thumb.jpg

post-2786-1233918652_thumb.jpg

post-2786-1233918676_thumb.jpg

post-2786-1233918716_thumb.jpg

If I can get out of the door later, I'll take some more. :lol: :lol: :cold:

Im abit jealous. Looks lovely mate. Enjoy it!!!

From the hot Costa Del Walsall.

Posted
Well its over now..

As I am only in College (Not right now, nobody turned up! :lol: ) I dont remember many good snow events..this one is certainly top of my list so far, closely followed by..last years I think, which just happened suddenly and everyone was stranded!

I just loved it how it was here one night, heavy snow.. next day you got to see what it had done, and the next you know, theres another front on the way for the next night! Really enjoyed this one, I look forward to next winter..but I look forward to this summer even more!

Shame its over, there has been dissapointments aswell, today, missed out by a matter of 8-10 miles.

Yesterday was ment to be in the firing line and had about half an inch.

But overall..it was fantastic!

Yep.

Snow stopped falling here in Solihull just over half hour ago. Cloud breaking. I can't believe it's all over already! :lol: (Paul, can I have a blue tissue please? Pink is just very not me! :cold: )

Can't complain really as how often does anyone, especially in England say that they have seen three major snow events in the space of 5 days? I can't remember unless I think back to January 1982 and not even sure about that as the old grey matter memory cells have decayed slightly in my more mature years since.

the only complaint I do have is with certain members of the media (you know who you are!!) overhyping it all as if we were in some sort of 'snowmaggedeon'.

Oh well, let's see what Sunday brings. Looking very 50/50 for England as I type this.

Phil.

Posted
is the snow in oxford heading north?

???

You're only 25 miles north of me, can't believe you're not getting any

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/...ings.html?day=1

Posted

Light snow now, eased considerably over the past hour. I'll be going out to take a measurement shortly. (1200)

Here's a video I took earlier when it was snowing heavily, apologies for the poor quality and downright shoddy camera work, I'm nothing if I'm not a total amateur at this sort of thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TkLtbhAgjg

Posted

well woke up to see the snow topped up nicely in the back garden we have 15 cms in the back garden thats from the other snow events all topped up lol

I for one am very happy with the way this week happened my children got to see snow like when I was a child and I enjoyed watching them waking up to see more snow has fallen in the night,the last time I remember snow falling everyday and lying on the ground was when I was at school (yes im that old lolololol) Im just happy and thrilled that they had the chance to see something i had as a child

hope you all enjoyed your what I call the best week of the winter in a long time

cher

x

Posted
???

You're only 25 miles north of me, can't believe you're not getting any

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/...ings.html?day=1

It's been garbage in Coventry and Leicester today. Started snowing lightly here at 4am, stayed that way for a few hours, stopped. started snowing moderatly about an hour ago and has slowed down again now and it's not settled on the wet parts. Just settled on the cars and grass. Seems light years away from whats happening 50-60 miles South of us and judging by the radar that is our lot now.