Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Ahhhh why the heck is the band being pulled apart, the location of me is where the precip is fizzling out!!! i thought we were supposed to have heavy snow?

Currently 0.5C and sleet, thaw is taking place...grrrr lol :)

Posted
Yea I feel same as you mate. There aint ow't to give us more than flurries at mo.

It must be very marginal this snow as its been non stop heavy snow in East Dorset for nearly 2 hours now and have a good few inches on the ground on top of a night of heavy rain!

Posted
It must be very marginal this snow as its been non stop heavy snow in East Dorset for nearly 2 hours now and have a good few inches on the ground on top of a night of heavy rain!

yeah we have had light drizzle all morning here been watchin the radar and as usuall i am just out of range of it all lol typical

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Does anyone think the cheshire gap will be born again over the next couple of days? We always do well out of that but it doesnt happen often.

Also what are peoples views on Sundays possible Snow event. :)

Posted
Does anyone think the cheshire gap will be born again over the next couple of days? We always do well out of that but it doesnt happen often.

Also what are peoples views on Sundays possible Snow event. :lol:

my view on the event is possitive i think we could get a inches again:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
???

You're only 25 miles north of me, can't believe you're not getting any

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/...ings.html?day=1

More moderate snow now in North Oxfordshire, didnt expect this

Have had 10inches so far in last 48hrs

had stop with a bit of sleet now back to snow

very wet snow and temps at 1.c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
yeah we have had light drizzle all morning here been watchin the radar and as usuall i am just out of range of it all lol typical

That stuff over Dorset is moving slowly East through this afternoon and evening. Don't hold me to this but my prediction for you is to see some moderate to heavy snow falling later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sunday evening could give us a good top up. I dont think it will the Heaviest snow in the world but perhaps moderate to Heavy at times. Worse of all, this could come when the roads will be often quiet as its a Sunday so those who are travelling could have an extra trecherous journey.

Posted
That stuff over Dorset is moving slowly East through this afternoon and evening. Don't hold me to this but my prediction for you is to see some moderate to heavy snow falling later.

i hope so mate lol got me fingers crossed anyway

do you think it will hold up then ?? to my untrained eye there doesnt seem to be much left in it ??

Edited by coxxy22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Having checked the UKMO charts i can see why the Met-Office fancy snow for the Midlands and North on Sunday. GFS makes it marginal but the UKMO has the colder upper air safely over the Midlands throughout the whole time. I don't think i'll make any predictions about it until tomorrow, little changes in the positioning of the precip or mild sectors could make a big difference. Heres hoping for another nice period of snow though!

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

it must be pretty severe around the Shefford area as they have closed our head office down there due to snow......

Wolverhampton area has had hardly any decent snow all week - no more than 5-7cms at any one time :lol: :lol: :wacko:

think with all the news reports and the hype - just expected way way more.

maybe sunday............. :doh:

Posted
Having checked the UKMO charts i can see why the Met-Office fancy snow for the Midlands and North on Sunday. GFS makes it marginal but the UKMO has the colder upper air safely over the Midlands throughout the whole time. I don't think i'll make any predictions about it until tomorrow, little changes in the positioning of the precip or mild sectors could make a big difference. Heres hoping for another nice period of snow though!

Do you think a fair bit is possible? Tbh we are still await to be pasted in the middle of a snow band, not being on the edge of it all the time!

it must be pretty severe around the Shefford area as they have closed our head office down there due to snow......

Wolverhampton area has had hardly any decent snow all week - no more than 5-7cms at any one time :lol: :lol: :wacko:

think with all the news reports and the hype - just expected way way more.

maybe sunday............. :doh:

Forecasts have been very poor, not even right 1 hour before yesterday and the time before and the time before that...

Its rubbish isnt it...we should of got absoloutley whacked yesterday but no the east bags it all again and this is why i continue to say we have to be one of the driest places in the country! Everything misses us! :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

andy i didnt bother staying up did we actually get much snow as alot seems to have melted now?

Posted

Still snowing heavy here. Settlling on pavements at last too now. Nice big fat flakes. Not seem many of those at all!

Temperature and dew points dropping nicely. Dew point was sat at 0.9 and now dropped to 0.5 temp was 1.9c and now sat at 1.2c.

Stopped here as expected, that should be it until sundays borderline event, fantastic week and with two severe frosts to look forward to over the next two nights especially saturday, this fresh snow cover should really help with those low temps, looking for some nice clear skies to develop tonight into tomorrow, should be some fantastic starry bitterly cold nights :D

Great thread this has been with lots of info, we should have a midlands thread even our own forum all year round :)

Posted

Approx 2 inches overnight and this morning in Oxford added to what was left from yesterday. Having a snow day but ssshhhh don't tell the boss!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

VERY quickly melting here now, it will all be gone before the children come home from school I think.

Nothing more frustrating than 5cm of snow that is gone before you know it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Present update from Chilbolton Observatory

North Hampshire.

The low that gave the southwest all that snow was forecast yesterday to sweep over hants but alas the low became slow moving and the radial swung in over Plymouth.

I have been watching the second band and now the low has moved East past the French peninsula the 2nd band is sweeping NE over Southampton with some heavier precipitation. By now the wind is more a Northerly so guess that the moisture from the radial is being undercut from the cold sector forcing the moisture up aloft over the top causing the snow that is now falling.

Not much left in the low unless it deepens over the channel and stops. Anything is possible in this situation as has been evident this past 24 Hours.

So this evolution could effect the following synopsis .

Been sleeting all morning but now flakes. Could be a few cm's shame about missing the bulk that Mullender got over on the SW forum . He has uploaded some good pics which are worth a look.

Cheers

Flyer

Edit : Temp 1.4 C Steady moderate snow

Edited by flyer

Posted

Anymore views about Sundays snow event?

It looks good for snow really anywhere except the south may have rain or wintry mix.