Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
I'm between weymouth and bridport.

Abbotsbury then with a name like that lol, my daughter is on her way back from college in Weymouth because it is so bad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

DSCF0259.jpg

Snow plough just left this outside side of house which u can see to the right. damn thats gonna take some time to melt lol.

DSCF0259.jpg

Snow plough just left this outside side of house which u can see to the right. damn thats gonna take some time to melt lol.

Lol, i want to make a huge pile of snow and watch it last a few weeks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters
They have now. Updated about 7 minutes ago.

Yes, just as they issue the warning it starts to ease up, not sure why they bothered, about three hours too late to stop peeps getting stuck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

They haven't snow ploughed here! Not that they ever do, nor grit it... so guess its going to be fun for the next few days! haha

Its -1.6C now, and getting colder!

Edit: Ooo yeah, and the snow here is just up to my knees... im 6'1" So that should take a time to melt! haha

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Been out and about this morning, the dog's up to his shoulders over the fields! I've no idea how much we have, the ruler isn't long enough - shed loads. Anyone know if we're due more today/overnight?

Here's some pictures from today:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=53494

Edited by jethro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

There doesn't appear to be any at all around the Severn Bridges ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

We have had quite an eventful afternoon! The heavy snow at 11.00am carried on until about 1.30pm. All the schools in this area closed and it seems it has taken the Local Council by surprise and none of the local major roads have been gritted. The major routes into school were blocked by the police as there were so many car accidents. Cars were left abandoned by the road side. All the parents had to walk to the schools to collect their children! It is still trying to snow even now, but the lying snow has begun to thaw. From the look of the radar there may be some more to be squeezed out of the clouds. It may be late coming...but I am glad it came :rolleyes:

Anyone have any more up to date news about the weather for the South West for Sunday night into Monday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
great pics...

big thaw here now....

BBC weather not 100% sure about Sundays or Mondays low

Seems to be freezing now.

The lying snow has a hard cover to it and the slush is starting to get a little crunch.

Posted

Guys...I have lived in England for 4 years by now and this is the bigger snowfall sinnce than. A question for you: When has it been the last bigger event for Bristol before this one? And also do you know ant website where I can find archive data for Bristol?

Cheers,

Leon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
Great photos - I am supposed to be visiting friends in Stroud tomorrow - hope I can get there lol

You wil not have a problem, these photo's were taken over looking Stroud so quite high up, lower levels are clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
Seems to be freezing now.

The lying snow has a hard cover to it and the slush is starting to get a little crunch.

I thought that earlier, a thaw had started to set in but i think it's stopped, when I went out earlier the wind was really biting it's going to be cold tonight with all tis snow around. Actually as I type i can look out of the window at a tree which has some snow on which had started to melt but now has icicles hanging below.

Posted

Light snow showers have now started here, will there be any significant additional accumilations from these showers overnight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I am looking forward to my first good night sleep this week!

I can let my weather station record the min temp ect tonight.

3 hours sleep last night/ 2hours yesterday afternoon/3 hours day before and 5 day before that.

I am an absolute physical and mental wreck after this week.

Still getting anxious about sundays event already though lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've just got off the phone to my sister (She lives in Paignton, Torbay) and she reported 'one hell of a thunderstorm' last night with a good dumping of snow

Posted

It's not quiet here, it's been snowing for the past hour.

We have another 2-3cms of snow on top of the lying snow, I'm totally taking a trip up to the hills on Monday.

I expect to see at least 6-7ft drifts :)

Posted

Glad to see South West had a hammering of snow. Here in Bridgend South Wales we did not get lucky enough yesterday through to today.

What are the chances of South Wales having any more snow over the next few days into Monday? Or is it game over for this period?

Thanks