Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

just looking at the mto radar big lump over snowdonia and showers coming into wales from the nw.

Posted
Pontyates, Carmarthenshire.

Gower & Swansea in for some moderate stuff now if this shower keeps it's intensity.

kwl, blow it over to Ebbw Vale ;-)

Posted

I think we'll get around an inch or more from tonight's showers, that should bring the depth back up to around 5 inches.

I'm guessing there will be over a foot over the hills behind me, possibly more above 500m.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Quite a heavy soft hail/snow pellet shower has turned everwhere white again cf in Carmarthen (above).

EDIT:

Snow flakes proper now and a nice covering. However its risen the temperature close to 0c so it could thaw.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Hardly gave last nights weather a glance as i expected nothing , suprised this morning indeed to get even more snow!!!

Once again it was only very slim , infact not really forecast but is it possible that a few inches is again possible??

Its -1 where i am and that radar is looking very close!!

Being a newb i dont look too much into it all, just rely on all of your comments.

Nothing at all lower down in Swansea , i knew i made the right decision to move to the top of the hill a few years back !!!

Whats the chances of being hit again folks here in Swansea??

Posted
One or two light flakes in the wind, not really reaching here yet.

The initial moderate shower which gave me a good dusting (including main roads initially but they seem okay now) died out over the Gower. Hope some last to get to you!

I'm happy with these nice showers currently.

--

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

Do you live up the top of the hill fellow Tycochian??

I moved to Swansea nearly 2 years ago , and live up the top of the hill in what im not sure is Sketty or Tycoch??

Its Sketty on the address but some people call it Tycoch??

Not bothered either way.

Its like a separate mini climate up here at the moment from sea level in Swansea.

Im nearly at the top of the hill but not quite! maybe 15 metres from the summit of mount tycoch !!

Do you live up the top of the hill fellow Tycochian??

I moved to Swansea nearly 2 years ago , and live up the top of the hill in what im not sure is Sketty or Tycoch??

Its Sketty on the address but some people call it Tycoch??

Not bothered either way.

Its like a separate mini climate up here at the moment from sea level in Swansea.

Im nearly at the top of the hill but not quite! maybe 15 metres from the summit of mount tycoch !!

Depends on how much of a snob you are. :wallbash: , the post address is Sketty, even though really it is Tycoch, huge amounts of differences in the snow amounts today compared to sea level, and if you go through the lane to Cockett, still very snowy there.

I live in the estate on the right hand side if you are coming up the hill from Tycoch Square.

Posted

hi .. i see there is a tiny bit of ppn heading over the Bristol Channel straight towards me .. But sadly it looks to me like the channel is swallowing it all up.. Temps down to 0c and dewpoint -1 :doh: couldn't have been that last night could it. :rolleyes: ..

kaz x

Posted

Hi everyone

First time poster here, i normally just read the Model Output thread but thought i'd join in here.

Just got home from Carmarthen through Pontantwn and 4 Roads quite hefty showers that way and the gritters have not been out with the roads turning completely white in places, had a couple of showers here but not much light covering on cars but it is sticking straight away, any chance of more heavy showers on their way here in South Carmarthenshire.

Hi everyone

First time poster here, i normally just read the Model Output thread but thought i'd join in here.

Just got home from Carmarthen through Pontantwn and 4 Roads quite hefty showers that way and the gritters have not been out with the roads turning completely white in places, had a couple of showers here but not much light covering on cars but it is sticking straight away, any chance of more heavy showers on their way here in South Carmarthenshire.

Croeso i Net Weather

the wind is a NNW direction, so a real of chance of some snow showers tonight. However they tend to hit and miss and a slight change in wind direction could mane the difference between staying dry and getting some heavier bursts.

Posted
Depends on how much of a snob you are. :rolleyes: , the post address is Sketty, even though really it is Tycoch, huge amounts of differences in the snow amounts today compared to sea level, and if you go through the lane to Cockett, still very snowy there.

I live in the estate on the right hand side if you are coming up the hill from Tycoch Square.

Really struggled down the hill this morning , fresh snow on forzen sluch , was bad but challenging.

Kind of hoped it would be so bad id have to stay off work, but not bad enough sadly lol.

It is a bit snobbish round here i must say.

Now you say that the estate agent advertised it as Tycoch !! typical .

However only renting , i do love the cold weather though and i think Swansea council should add a few hundred metres to Tycoch hill and create a mini ski resort.

Being up here it would be a mini Aspen !!

Whats the chances of some this evening??

Posted

Oh good, but if it does get too heavy avoid goin out on the roads, they didn't forecast this for tonight though did they, i thought it was just Pembs that might catch a few flakes.

It has stopped for time being here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I sincerely hope it is Pembs....

woody

Posted
just looking at the mto radar big lump over snowdonia and showers coming into wales from the nw.

Big Bump over Northern Snowdonia has given us really heavy snow this evening - adding another cm on top of our 13cm - But that has cleared now with temperatures hovering around -2.2C

Posted

If you are sat in your house at the computer with the curtains closed but have snow cover and clear sky, go and check out the effect of the moon shining on the snow, it's beautiful!

What, and fall over?

If you drive past Heywood House tonight, don't admire the moon. That whole stretch from there to the Co-op roundabout is slipppppperrrry.

Posted

Heavy snow here everything white again where it had thawed earlier.

Really struggled down the hill this morning , fresh snow on forzen sluch , was bad but challenging.

Kind of hoped it would be so bad id have to stay off work, but not bad enough sadly lol.

It is a bit snobbish round here i must say.

Now you say that the estate agent advertised it as Tycoch !! typical .

However only renting , i do love the cold weather though and i think Swansea council should add a few hundred metres to Tycoch hill and create a mini ski resort.

Being up here it would be a mini Aspen !!

Whats the chances of some this evening??

In the past this setup have brought heavy snow here, temps cold enough for snow, and the wind off the Irish sea bringing precipitation and too far away from the sea to warm the temps up too much, 3-4 inches have occurred from this set-up (Nov 05 and Mar 06), although normally we would tend to have a severe weather warning out, so seems unlikely to have anywhere near that much this time, a dusting seems far more likely.

Posted
In the past this setup have brought heavy snow here, temps cold enough for snow, and the wind off the Irish sea bringing precipitation and too far away from the sea to warm the temps up too much, 3-4 inches have occurred from this set-up (Nov 05 and Mar 06), although normally we would tend to have a severe weather warning out, so seems unlikely to have anywhere near that much this time, a dusting seems far more likely.

We already have half an inch pf thresh snow here and i class that amount as a dusting but its nearling a covering now

Edited by adamjones416

Posted
Big Bump over Northern Snowdonia has given us really heavy snow this evening - adding another cm on top of our 13cm - But that has cleared now with temperatures hovering around -2.2C

Kinda annoying, that area just missed us about 5 miles to the west, we just got a few flurries in the air.

Hopefully we will get alot more showers during the early hours and into tomorrow morning.

I want to wake up to another inch on top of what we've already got :D

Posted

They are lining up nicely beyond the Lleyn peninsular so could last well into the night if your in the firing line! I am atm with about the third snow shower now underway, almost 1cm already fresh over the wall and paths.

Posted

Was that the period when areas in Cheshire and North Wales got over a foot of snow?

I think that was sometime in March 2006, I remember our work place closed for the day.

I honestly thought that was frontal snow, as I recall it thawed dramatically later on in the day as the mild air moved in behind it.

Posted

Would they bother with a warning for us in the light of all the events this week!