Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Is the Somerset and Bristol area supposed to be affected by any snow showers today as I thought it was a bit unclear going by the BBC graphics yesterday evening. Thanks, I can see big clouds right out to the west but it looks like they are moving in more SSE direction so would miss here.

Posted

Any more snow showers today for the Amman Valley? Had 2/3 inches here over night but it's starting to thaw:(

Any more snow showers today for the Amman Valley? Had 2/3 inches here over night but it's starting to thaw:(

The slight problem there have been no real severe frosts, to really set a base for the snow.

As for further snow it would seem today's precipitation if further west, and this means less snow for you and for us here as well.

as for Bristol, it seems snow is unlikely today.

However the BBC forecast suggested snow for all tomorrow, albeit wet in the south.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hard to tell with the existing cover, but it looks more like 4cm fresh on the lawn, and as it was 6mm in the rain gauge, would have been deeper were it not for the thaw and had it all settled. Sunny intervals now, 2.5c thawing.

Another cluster of heavy showers over the Lleyn, so more on the way to mid and south Wales this afternoon.

Posted

Mmm so an upgraded for the snow tomorrow then yes? Tat suit me fine. A geuss the foot and a half on the balck mountains won't melt to soon and the waste depth drifts will be there for a while yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Clouds are amassing over to the North and moving this way, snow being blown over in the wind, which has increased.

Got down to -2C last night, which suprised me with the snowcover and crystal clear skies, currently just below freezing despite the sunshine, winds from the NW at 10knots and DP -1.5C

Posted

Silly edit function not working.

Anyways, latest update... its snowing again.... just what we want... more snow, on top of the foot we already have...

trumpets.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Clouds are amassing over to the North and moving this way, snow being blown over in the wind, which has increased.

Got down to -2C last night, which suprised me with the snowcover and crystal clear skies, currently just below freezing despite the sunshine, winds from the NW at 10knots and DP -1.5C

Only made -5 here last night i was expecting lower. the temp fluctuated all night from -1 and lower

Posted

Yeah, was odd...

its now absolutely hammering down again... in fact I'd go so far as to say its a "BBC Blizzard" (one of those where you can still see for about 4 miles in every direction and theres about 1/2cm on the ground) Except here there is a foot and you can see about 1/2mile (usually 12)

Posted

Perhaps as the advisories are for a "risk" while they have a better probability of not happening, so thats what the forecast is. If there is a 20% risk of something happening, there is conversely an 80% chance of it not. If that make sense. Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Posted
Morning guys. The thing i don't understand is that METO have a advisory out for parts of S Wales yet on the outlook for each of the cities there is no snow shown. :lol:

That's because there is still some uncertainty as to the track of the area of low pressure - too far north and the south gets rain.

Posted

As shown on Thursday night... not until about an hour after it has shifted :lol:

Sorry, cynical.

Should firm up in the next few runs hopefully.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
Ok, when do you think the track of the area of low pressure will be known?

It looks like being one of those times where it will go to the wire, ie it probably won't be know for certain until 24 or 12 hours before the 'event'.

Posted

Had an extra covering last night :lol: ,there needed it for the higher temps today at 2.4c now to keep the snowfields going,it`s not powdery now,wind has picked up more 2.7c max already and thawing,the thicker the snowcover the better,that covering last night alone would`ve gone quickly,except in the shade.

This NW-ly it`s more like days in March 1995 today.

Sunny/cloud had a few light snow showers this morning.

Showers on the radar are coming nearer straight north now.

Got down to -3.4c

1.9c now as the cloud has cleared which will be better off.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

ITV news just said "forcasters say everyone can see a dusting sunday night into monday"

(:

The smiley forecaster said snow on Monday for the south

Posted

Just been for a nice walk in the snow and slush, thawing away steadily, up to 3 inches left in places though in the shade. looks quite good. 5 days of lying snow anyway is not what we are used to! Max 3.3c so far. Most showers over to the west and over Cardigan Bay now.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
Lol, they also said Cardiff would be worst affected the other night yet we got less than an inch. :rolleyes:

i've been lurking this forum for months and you always make me laugh :L

(:

urghh.. are local weather woman said rain tomorrow.. :doh:

Edited by Tommypoo

Ok, when do you think the track of the area of low pressure will be known?

When it happens going by recent days, even tomorrow may see some snow, although SW England and parts of South Wales especially low lying may miss out.

Monday looks a lot better.

Posted

Still snowing here... has been since 11am now, its just got heavier again. No thaw that I can see, altho its going to take a while to get down thru all that... so im going by the top of the hottub, when it melts from there I'll know its going. Seems they didn't like about how insulated it was afteral.