Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

TORRENTIAL snow here now, up to 4inches, 5 inches on grass, Wheres the warnings?

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Blizzard conditions continue. Some roads becoming blocked up Road info>>>

high A485; Alltwalis

both ways between B4459, Alltwalis and B4336, Carmarthenshire closed

A485 Carmarthenshire - Closed both ways between the B4459 junction and the B4336 junction in Alltwalis, because of snow.

Last updated: 7th February 2009 at 00:38

high M4; South Wales

both ways between A48, South Wales [M4 junction 42] and A48, Swansea [M4 junction 47] open affecting all driving lanes

M4 Neath Port Talbot - Snow both ways between J42, Fabian Way and J47, Penllergaer in South Wales, hazardous driving conditions.

Last updated: 7th February 2009 at 00:15

Posted

Snow in the North too around Wrexham area, quite heavy, sneaked in very quietly this one. Good webcam at Wrexham council site.

Posted

Thats crazy! They must have gone home for the night

Look like a streamer setting up to me through central wales and into gloucestershire currently, im gonna give it another hour to see if it reaches here, but plenty of precip queuing up behind

SK

Posted

I have been out in the last hour, and significant snow has hit the county of Swansea. Most roads are again impassable (Both Major and Minor).

The motorway between Cross hands and Baglan is barely negotiable, with one lane blocked. I did spot a huge snowplough heading westbound.

Several inches here, unexpected and will cause havoc in the morning unless roads ploughed and salted. Marginally worse than tuesday even.

Posted

Just got woke up, there's an extra 3-4 cm of snow added to the total depth.

Noticed that there is no metoffice weather warning, yet they seemed to have recently added one for West Midlands?

Posted

Woke up to another day of snow covered fields and trees, a winter wonderland

Posted
Just got woke up, there's an extra 3-4 cm of snow added to the total depth.

Noticed that there is no metoffice weather warning, yet they seemed to have recently added one for West Midlands?

i used to live up there in ruthin, they never seemed to get any snow. i bet horseshoe pass is quite a sight?

Posted

Looks like some heavy showers are heading into south wales according to the latest radar, anyone reporting any snow?

Posted

After a short spell of rain it has just started to snow here in Kidwelly now, didn't have anything last night rain has washed some of the snow away which is making it harder to stick now.

Whether it will stay falling as snow here is another matter in which i don't think it will.

Posted

Bright, sunny but very cold here. A very light snow shower has obviously fallen overnight - a few flakes, nothing more. We completely missed it here <_<

Metcheck (I know!!) are showing heavy snow again Monday into Tuesday. Is this likely? Its costing me a fortune in unpaid leave when the kids school is closed :(

Posted
Woke up to another day of snow covered fields and trees, a winter wonderland

Similar here, although not the same quantity as we are too close to the sea. What an amazing spell of weather! I've seen falling snow every day since Monday which exceeds virtually all the wintery spells of the 70s and 80s. The snow never lasts long here, but this really is an exceptional spell and its just starting snowing again <_<

Posted
Looks like some heavy showers are heading into south wales according to the latest radar, anyone reporting any snow?

Very heavy snow at around 2.30am-3.00am. Some brief sunshine this morning but more heavy snow showers pushing in.

Posted

Stopped here now, clouds breaking up, although looking down towards Laugharne way the sky looks full of it and it doesn't look like stopping there, looks like i've missed out again nothing stuck from that last shower and the ground is soaking wet.

Stopped here now, clouds breaking up, although looking down towards Laugharne way the sky looks full of it and it doesn't look like stopping there, looks like i've missed out again nothing stuck from that last shower and the ground is soaking wet.

More showers on the way for the next few hours, and I don't really know why the showers suddenly stopped last night.

Posted

Im not hopeful of anithing here and if it does it won't stick, pembrey just recorder 2 degrees. Looking to the west of me looks to have stopped aswell, but just checked traffic Wales the A40 at St Clears has a slight covering of snow

Posted
Bright, sunny but very cold here. A very light snow shower has obviously fallen overnight - a few flakes, nothing more. We completely missed it here :)

Metcheck (I know!!) are showing heavy snow again Monday into Tuesday. Is this likely? Its costing me a fortune in unpaid leave when the kids school is closed :)

Please?? Anyone?? :)

Posted
Snowing heavily here now, with some heavy snow set to last for some time, more so to the west of us, going by the radar.

Is it heading my way already had another inch over night

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Strange last night: Heavy snow showers stopped after 0100, then even with clear intervals, the rest of the night was above freezing, reaching over 1c before dawn, and has been at close to 2c this morning. Sennybridge and Trawscoed were at -6c and -4c respectively at 0100, but before dawn were at 0c and 2c respectively. Was this the dreaded 'warm sector' effect involved with these showers, dragging in milder Irish Sea air?

Anyway, sleet and snow showers going strong again this morning, after an additional 2cm overnight, there would have been more without this ongoing slight thaw! Heavy snow shower on just now which is reassurring!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Glorious sunshine and deep deep snow here, no more over night, but no melt at all from yesterday. Looks like im walking to get milk then... goddamn the council, plough my road!!

Strange last night: Heavy snow showers stopped after 0100, then even with clear intervals, the rest of the night was above freezing, reaching over 1c before dawn, and has been at close to 2c this morning. Sennybridge and Trawscoed were at -6c and -4c respectively at 0100, but before dawn were at 0c and 2c respectively. Was this the dreaded 'warm sector' effect involved with these showers, dragging in milder Irish Sea air?

Anyway, sleet and snow showers going strong again this morning, after an additional 2cm overnight, there would have been more without this ongoing slight thaw! Heavy snow shower on just now which is reassurring!

There wasn't a milder sector, my guess is that there was more cloud.

Outside a covering on all roads, paths and pavements, a thaw is continuing on main rods, whihc are clear, but not really thawing in shade, current snow depths around 2-5cm on paths, 2-6 inches on grass, depending on shade amounts.