Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Temperature rising, from -1.8C to -1.3C under clear skies, why is this?

Must have some high level cloud still i think, mine keeps fluctuating also. -3.2/ hour ago then -2.2 half hour later, 1.9 at is highest now its back down to -2.5.

Temperature rising, from -1.8C to -1.3C under clear skies, why is this?

Must have some high level cloud still i think, mine keeps fluctuating also. -3.2/ hour ago then -2.2 half hour later, 1.9 at is highest now its back down to -2.5.

Bit more shower activity in wales than i expected be nice if they started flaring up in bristol channel :wub:

It wont happen thats me dreaming again.

Posted

About an inch of fresh snow here now, It had melted on the roads earlier and on the pavements apart from teh deep patches left from tuesday's snow which is quite evident everywhere but it's white everywhere now again , great stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Heavy snow shower just passed leaving a dusting

Was that the period when areas in Cheshire and North Wales got over a foot of snow?

I think that was sometime in March 2006, I remember our work place closed for the day.

I honestly thought that was frontal snow, as I recall it thawed dramatically later on in the day as the mild air moved in behind it.

Different event that was, this was on St Davids Day, I think the one you mention was in Mid March 06, when a front did indeed push up form the south west, with some heavy snow inland, and a lot of very wet snow here.

Slight dusting now, but I think the main showers have been missing here.

Posted
Certainly. This makes me wonder how it is going to rain on Sunday morning as Saturday night into Sunday is looking equally cold for many. Unless of course it is freezing rain which as I discovered in December can be very interesting indeed.

If that comes in as rain it will make snow wet and start to thaw a little but then when it turns cold day after we will have massive ice issues. takes along time to melt 2 feet of snow and one light rain front in cool conditions aint gona do it im sure. Just get a hell of alot of ice.

Ah, that would make sense

Up to -1C now :o

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very heavy snow shower settling rapidly, shame they only last 15 minutes each! Not thawing from earlier ones either. Hope they keep on coming tonight! Oc still.

Posted

Have a good covering here now, And showers seem to be pilling in

Posted
Have a good covering here now, And showers seem to be pilling in

snowing heavy here in swansea, roads and pavements are covered, i saw the forecast on bbc for tonight which said clear skies and minus 3!!!

Posted

What's the general consensus on when we MAY see the next prolonged snowfall (or sleet, or rain, etc)?

Is Sunday Night/Monday morning a possibility, or more likely to be Monday Night into Tuesday?

Posted

heavy burst of snow here, a good fresh covering now!

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
Here are a handful of the pics I took in Nettlecombe, North Somerset.

ive stayed there :L.. if only it was snowing like that then

Posted
snowing heavy here in swansea, roads and pavements are covered, i saw the forecast on bbc for tonight which said clear skies and minus 3!!!

Second that , these showers look likely to be on and off for a good few hours yet .

I think as we dont get this type of system often ,its much harder for the powers that be to predict.

Unlike predicting the usual atlantic systems that we always get!!! these are very rare in comparrison.

Hence more suprises (like early today).

Could maybe be another inch this eve.

Sunday looks likely to be the day of rain , but each forecast for sunday since about tuesday has shown decreasing temperatues...

Tuesday looks best bet for another heavy dumping....

Bring it on , i want to wake up and see my works vehicle (company owned) crushed under 3 metres of snow !!!

(With just enough space ,so i can breath fresh air from the top window of my humble abode).

Has anyone suffocated in their own homes after it being totally submersed in snow???

I know im being silly , maybe its the red wine , have a good night folks.

Posted

Just been looking at the radar nothing is making its way to me here its all going to the east of me, oh well i'm happy with Tuesdays fall, can't complain

Posted
Second that , these showers look likely to be on and off for a good few hours yet .

I think as we dont get this type of system often ,its much harder for the powers that be to predict.

Unlike predicting the usual atlantic systems that we always get!!! these are very rare in comparrison.

Sunday looks likely to be the day of rain , but each forecast for sunday since about tuesday has shown decreasing temperatues...

Bring it on , i want to wake up and see my works vehicle (company owned) crushed under 3 metres of snow !!!

(With just enough space ,so i can breath fresh air from the top window of my humble abode).

Has anyone suffocated in their own homes after it being totally submersed in snow???

Edited by iceage2

Posted

Hmm would there be any reason to start getting my hopes up for high ground of north somerset again?

I hope it is snow otherwise ground is going to become lethal here with rain on top!

Got to try and work out a way of digging my car out before i miss much more work.

Posted

Im happy what with we have had, plenty of snow this week, and to top it off, its snowing now, i didnt really expect this again tonight!

Posted

After i saw the forecast tonight i thought it would be just frosty but when i looked out of the window and saw everthing white, they have got it wrong again!

Posted

i dont know about anyone else glad of respite. over 5 days i think i got snow sickness lol, so much of it, now all lying snow now freezing, and so quiet here, no one about

Posted
Just been looking at the radar nothing is making its way to me here its all going to the east of me, oh well i'm happy with Tuesdays fall, can't complain

What's your location in Carmarthenshire? Although some heavier bits and bobs appear over the East now maybe some more heavier and organised showers will come down our way? You never know.

Looking at the radar some very heavy showers pushing SE at the moment, might see some very heavy snow here ( or if not just missing us to the east), a couple of cms of new snow out there now, and if these showers continue could be quite a bit more by morning.