Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Looking at the radar some very heavy showers pushing SE at the moment, might see some very heavy snow here ( or if not just missing us to the east), a couple of cms of new snow out there now, and if these showers continue could be quite a bit more by morning.

Just been for a walk in the last shower that passed, there was indeed some very heavy bursts of snow, if these continued, another 2-5cm i would imagine.

Some areas might see nothing, almost like lake effect snow showers here

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
Looking at the radar some very heavy showers pushing SE at the moment, might see some very heavy snow here ( or if not just missing us to the east), a couple of cms of new snow out there now, and if these showers continue could be quite a bit more by morning.

you are more of and expert than me, why was it forecast clear tonight? what went wrong?

you are more of and expert than me, why was it forecast clear tonight? what went wrong?

I think a few showers were forecast for morning, but they are a bit more widespread than that. the current set up is very conducive for snow showers, so I am surprised that nothing was really said, perhaps with so many snow events recently it is not that significant.

Posted

On BBC wales news forecast, there was some "wintry" showers forecast, but its very hard to pin point where the showers would be affecting, it showed snowflakes over West & South wales in the early hours. Indeed on the main bbc weather forecasts, they have not mentioned it

Posted
what part of swansea are you from

Dunvant/Tycoch area, near the highest point of Tycoch

Posted
Agh lovely Kidwelly, I'm afraid they might just clip you at the best. Some light stuff for you. Shame your down there.

Good luck.

I know we missed out on last nights event, although on my way to work this morning Trim lookes like a scene from a Christmas Cards with the canopy of trees above the road lined with snow, and as i said earlier the roads in Pontantwn, 4 Roads and Mynydd were turning white and in Kidwelly cars had slight covering.

I think I should move, I bet Pontyates is white aswell is it.

Edited by KidCarm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Hi

I Am in South Cheshire not far from Chester are any of those showers

Due to effect South Cheshire tonight in work so no access to Radar

Would someone be kind enough to check the Radar foe me

Postcode cw8

Thanks

PS Enjoy the Snow

Posted
I think a few showers were forecast for morning, but they are a bit more widespread than that. the current set up is very conducive for snow showers, so I am surprised that nothing was really said, perhaps with so many snow events recently it is not that significant.

I got into work today and told my colleagues from neath/port talbot (and showed them photos) that when i left this morning it was white, thery didn't believe me as up there in neath there wasn't even a flake!!

Posted

Snowing a bit heavier now

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
I know we missed out on last nights event, although on my way to work this morning Trim lookes like a scene from a Christmas Cards with the canopy of trees above the road lined with snow, and as i said earlier the roads in Pontantwn, 4 Roads and Mynydd were turning white and in Kidwelly cars had slight covering.

I think I should move, I bet Pontyates is white aswell is it.

It's okay up here in Pontyates, roads are clear now. It did start to stick on roads a bit, still a good dusting/covering here. It get's better more inland, Bancffosfelen is lovely! A lot of laying snow up there, one of the highest areas in Gwendraeth Valley I think so higher the more accumulation around here.

EDIT: Heavy snow again in a small shower.

Edited by shaunwales

Posted
It's okay up here in Pontyates, roads are clear now. It did start to stick on roads a bit, still a good dusting/covering here. It get's better more inland, Bancffosfelen is lovely! A lot of laying snow up there, one of the highest areas in Gwendraeth Valley I think so higher the more accumulation around here.

EDIT: Heavy snow again in a small shower.

True you could see the snow line this morning absolutely white on the top of the Gower and then ther looked as if there was nothing at sea level, in Llanelli there was nothing.

Just had a look out now and i can see cloudy skies to the east of me and clear skies to the west and i'm just under the clear skies. Still have a light covering of snow in the back garden from about a couple of hours ago now.

EDIT - Quoted the wrong message, i will get the hang of this, i hope

Edited by KidCarm

Posted

Have a thick blanket of snow from all week on the garden and the fields but the roads have now got 2 and a half inches off them after tonights showers very heavy indeed massive flakes. but dry snow not wet.

Posted

Just had a quick look on the Traffic Wales cams and there is a covering of snow from Junction 47 to around junction 43, have they not gritted the motorway even.

Posted
Just had a quick look on the Traffic Wales cams and there is a covering of snow from Junction 47 to around junction 43, have they not gritted the motorway even.

2inc of snow in swansea swales nothing on met office radar?

Posted

2 and half inches of snow her ein the Amman Valley can't believe this.

Posted

WHERE'S THE WEATHER WARNINGS FOR THIS AREA? THIS IS RIDICULOUS,

Visibility get's down to about 50m in heavy showers sometimes less, around 7cm of snow on the roads? what's going on MET?

Posted

Heavy snow, cant see much, 2-3inches on roads, more on grass