Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Indeed, thankfully many people that may only see rain this time did see their real dumping by Monday, of course must be extra frustrating for the areas who weren't affected by that AND will see rain this time...which myself may be included in. Norfolk/E. Suffolk should see wintry weather from this, and we havent had a dumping yet...HOWEVER until I see any snow falling I'm not counting my chickens..

Hmm snowray, many runs showed backedge snow..this is just one run with the milder sector a tad further north, something Im still dubious about. As i have constantly stated, the GFS is going for it all ALOT further north than anywhere else. I don't think it will come in quite as high as this..so this would increase chances for SE. Time will tell of course :)

Yes its realy frustrating that so many places missed out, particularly with the people that are still all snowed in and have had 2 or 3 super snow events in under a week still crying out, I WANT MORE, MORE I SAID!!! :lol:

And more they will get. :)

If I'd missed out Monday as well, and It was close call, well I'd have been realy upset!

Yes the 12z is always progressive and just 1 run as you say, but the trend has been to shove the low further and further north and also downgrade the cold and snow potential for later next week so I'm not very positive as things stand.

Edited by snowray

Posted

what would be my chances of snow this evening??

im 6 miles inland at 63m asl on the nw norfolk coast(1 of the highest points in norfolk)

its been cold here all day, current temp is 0.5c

we still have laying snow from thursday/friday

im amazed when looking at the 10 day outlook for my area, 7 days out of 10 have a snow risk greater than 60%, hopefully this is a very good sign of things to come.

any reply regarding this question would be greatly appreciated

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
what would be my chances of snow this evening??

im 6 miles inland at 63m asl on the nw norfolk coast(1 of the highest points in norfolk)

its been cold here all day, current temp is 0.5c

we still have laying snow from thursday/friday

im amazed when looking at the 10 day outlook for my area, 7 days out of 10 have a snow risk greater than 60%, hopefully this is a very good sign of things to come.

any reply regarding this question would be greatly appreciated

I would rate your chances as very good places much further S already reporting snow, and this band isnt that far away now. So I would say you will be seeing snow sooner rather than later. Becomes marinal further south, but upto 5cm, maybe a tad more, covering for much of EA, hopefully Im just far enough north to see snow, still a little while to temps to fall even further.

Heavier ppn is still way further west in wales, so would only be light or moderate for the timebeing. Overnight this should turn to heavier snow, and with lowering temps should be a little more widespread.

Very good signs so far though :lol:

Edited by i luv snow

Moderate snow now in North oxfordshire , In thinks its settling on the existing snow fields :lol:

8.7 c !!! Max 2c here all day. Moderate snow

Moderate snow now just 25 miles north east of you , hope you get it

You're west aren't you?

Pretty amazing how such a small distance makes such a large difference..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
Oh dear, this is a very negative report for us further SE, and to think this time last Sunday the Thames streamer was just getting started! :lol:

Luck of the draw.

I know a lot of people are dissapointed (myself included) with the prospects from this event but we can't really complain when you compare this Winter so far to previous Winters.

From a countrywide perspective it's been the best one for years for most of the population and it seems like it's only just getting started.

Prspects look good I believe for the SE after Tuesday if the NEasterly comes off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Luck of the draw.

I know a lot of people are dissapointed (myself included) with the prospects from this event but we can't really complain when you compare this Winter so far to previous Winters.

From a countrywide perspective it's been the best one for years for most of the population and it seems like it's only just getting started.

Prspects look good I believe for the SE after Tuesday if the NEasterly comes off.

Both the Gfs 06z and 12z dont have a NEly any more I'm affraid.

Posted

Well it's 3.6c here now, hearing reports of snow in Luton reminds me of Thurs/Friday, still think it'll be rain/sleet here when it arrives. 850hpa temps are very low, according to NWX Radar -7.2c here. I can't see much in the way of thaw on its way down with those kinds of temperatures! Can't be long until I find out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers
Both the Gfs 06z and 12z dont have a NEly any more I'm affraid.

I thought the general consensus was to look at all the models over a period of time?

Sorry if I am wrong, I don't have a clue about weather forecasting but one thing I have learnt from the model thread is to not rely on one model or are all of them now showing something different to this morning?

Posted

Herts is a big county. Where abouts which town?

What does anyone think of my chances of seeing snow tonight given that the following was observed in my area of Herts at 1500 hours:

Temp: 3C

Pressure: 1002 (falling)

I live in Hertfordshire. Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
4.7 here now, falling steadily but very light rain, though it would be heavier by now.

1c here and light snow, nothing spectaular

Posted
What does anyone think of my chances of seeing snow tonight given that the following was observed in my area of Herts at 1500 hours:

You could easily be seeing some light snow within the hour, but it could be sleet or rain too. Herts is one of the borderline counties for tonight at least.

Posted

Where in Herts? it's key to know your location.

Posted

chilling rain in s e london. will it turn to snow?

Posted

Absolutely nothing here in Norwich, been a nice day, sunny and warm-ish. Cloud building but still bright. When will we get any decent snow? So many parts of the east have had nowt or very little so far this year.