Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Just started snowing here at long last - TEITS and I luv Snow, it's coming your way!!

Nice to see this report, thanks mate...a couple more hours till it reaches Suffolk I think, anything heavy anyways.

Posted

Hi Saint. Glad you checked them out!

Golf balls have stopped now and it's normal size snow, slightly on the soft hail side. Hoping that means we're clear of the marginal area.

Posted
:fool: a tad racist? not intentionial but sounds bad buddy

Stormtracker, if you dont mind me saying, grow up,i dont think we want the PC brigade/thought police on NW ty

Posted

I have just returned home from a day out, and it is alternating between wet snow and sleet here. Nothing settling.

I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me a forecast for tomorrow. I'm due to travel tomorrow by train from Stevenage to Kings Cross and then out from Paddington to Slough. Due to leave here 7am tomorrow and due home 8pm tomorrow night.

I am really worried about being stuck in Slough if the weather turns really bad. I'm trying to get to grips with the forecast for tomorrow can anyone help please.

Posted
Hi Saint. Glad you checked them out!

Golf balls have stopped now and it's normal size snow, slightly on the soft hail side. Hoping that means we're clear of the marginal area.

They were big but it's still snowing and is still settling!

Edited by saint

Posted

Well based on reports to my west it could be anything coming my way. It's 1.8c and 850hpa temps are -5c, so surely it will be snow? :drunk:

It's just started to rain!

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!
Band is not weakening or fragmenting :S It is actually intensifying and there are brighter echoes now than earlier on

The pink (im also under) is probably high cloud or false radar echoes, as nothing falling here either. The heavier ppn to our west is whats bringing the interest and wont be over us for a few hours :clap: Hopefully as snow, not sleet or rain :drunk:

Pleased to agree with you - as soon as I posted I went back to the radar and saw the bright areas appearing - just goes to show! Perhaps I'm getting a bit cynical after missing nearly all the snow last week.

And just to whet the appetite, I am copying over a post from West Is Best on the Model Output Discussion thread - they tend to be level-headed folk!

"Well what a sensational suite of runs the 12z outputs have brought. There's little doubt that we are in one of those great great winter periods that people will talk about for years to come, so the best thing is just to sit back, enjoy it and be safe. The Monday night storm will bring blizzards for some, track dependant, and then we're just back to a cold reload of epic potential with height rise to the north, followed by any number of snowy or cold scenarios thereafter.

The goal I have in sight is finally to put to bed Stratos Ferric's sub 3C challenge for a 'modern' winter month. This was apparently no longer possible. Well, judging by the 12z model outputs tonight February 2009 is in with a real shout. "

Posted

The very light snow flurries we had here for a time have now stopped.

The MetO now appear to have warnings out for just about every type of weather event its possible to get apart from bush fires. We have wind, rain, snow, flooding and even icy roads progged for the SE over the next 48hrs or so, surely they become meaningless in the end?

Edited by HighPressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Light rain in Haverhill.......

Definately no snow here! Someone's been on the juice.............. :drunk:

Seasons

Posted
Stormtracker, if you dont mind me saying, grow up,i dont think we want the PC brigade/thought police on NW ty

I don't mind you saying. I just thought a public forum wouldn't have weird comments like that. But hey, your entitled to your views

Posted

It does get more sleety the lighter it gets. There has been a dusting on cars, trees, and very slightly on the roads but it'd need to keep heavy for quite a while longer then it did to get a 'base coat' going!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
:drunk: a tad racist? not intentionial but sounds bad buddy

Good grief! Sounds bad? maybe to you it does but that probably says more about you and your inability to assess context.

Still rain here with sleet mixed in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Could anyone post a pic of the radar of EA? and this area? i have no idea whats heading this way, or you could just tell me?

here you go

post-467-1234122033_thumb.jpg

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

mate, im a police officer, it does sound bad, don't be a freak on a public forum, In public views like english snow, and enough polish may get you arrested

Posted

It is blizzard like, huge snowflakes and it is settling on the road that we've spent all day clearing...... *&^%$$£$*&^% Really need to go to work tomorrow!!!!

I love snow but enough already!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

SNOWINGS HEAVY IN LOOTONS. SETTLINGS ON GROUNDS FAT FLUFFY FLAKIES YIPSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
The very light snow flurries we had here for a time have now stopped.

The MetO now appear to have warnings out for just about every type of weather event its possible to get apart from bush fires. We have wind, rain, snow, flooding and even icy roads progged for the SE over the next 48hrs or so, surely they become meaningless in the end?

They have now!!! :drunk:

post-1600-1234122096_thumb.jpg

Seasons :clap: