Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
Well I don't need to be a police officer to make an assumption that you and Stormtracker might be one and the same...being as you seem to be replying on his behalf, are both from Suffolk and both in the police force! B)

North Londoner, I'm assuming your location for the snow is Buntingford? You do well to be on the Broxbourne North West Arc...a meterological term which determines where snow will fall when an event is marginal :D

Hope so mate! Already got another inch of fresh snow.

I think altitude will help, we are on the East Anglian Heights here at about 140m ASL.

Posted

Still snowing heavily, although looking at the radar it will be fizzling out soon. Wish I was further north in Nottingham - looks like they're getting hammered.

Posted

With that heavier stuff coming my way is it possible it may fall as snow? My current temp is 2.4c (bit too warm for snow I think but I'm no expert!) with a dewpoint of -1.6c.

Can I just say I really like this thread, I can ask these kind of questions without feeling like a complete numpty! Plus I'm learning loads!

Thanks guys. B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

2.4 with dewpoints that low wouldnt be so bad. Probably start with light rain/sleet, soon turning to heavy snow if the temp gets dragged down. Not sure if you are on the coast or not, if so this can have a negative effect, but fingers crossed for you!

Posted

On top of the wintry mix here with rain mixed with sleet, this flash warning just emerged from the Met Office

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

wouldnt be ruling anything out just yet guys, these situations are very hard to forecast and you cant be dealing in definites...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

HEAVY SNOW!!! :D

Big juicey snowflakes here in Haverhill after some recent light rain.

This is all heading directly east!! B)

Seasons

Posted

Propper snow here now looking at the radar it will clear in about half an hour so should be left with a about an inch. Finggers crossed for more tommorow night B)

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I have issued a weather alert for tomorrow and Tuesday:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...ts;reg=3;sess=;

Posted
On top of the wintry mix here with rain mixed with sleet, this flash warning just emerged from the Met Office

wouldnt be ruling anything out just yet guys, these situations are very hard to forecast and you cant be dealing in definites...

They're getting a bit carried away now! B)

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted
Still snowing heavily, although looking at the radar it will be fizzling out soon. Wish I was further north in Nottingham - looks like they're getting hammered.

Just been on the phone to a friend from nottingham and they are getting hammered.

Very heavy snow here at the moment adding to my lying snow. B)

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
I have issued a weather alert for tomorrow and Tuesday:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...ts;reg=3;sess=;

just checked the lamp post still dry here in ipswich at the moment but temp of 1.6 here at the moment°C

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

has been raining heavily for the past few hours. some sleet mixed in as well. it does feel too mild outside for snow.

Posted

they always seem to leave out herts heavy snow here

Posted

tinybill, pretty sure its gonna be snow, and fairly heavy at that!! :lol: Just gotta wait now...patience aint my thing

Very promising alert there Nick, fingers crossed for an event here! Very worried it will just be rain/sleet tomorrow though .. Fun finding out !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

The BIGGEST flakes I have ever seen and HEAVY at Radwinter, Saffron Walden, Essex. Total covering in just a few minutes!

Posted
With that heavier stuff coming my way is it possible it may fall as snow? My current temp is 2.4c (bit too warm for snow I think but I'm no expert!) with a dewpoint of -1.6c.

Can I just say I really like this thread, I can ask these kind of questions without feeling like a complete numpty! Plus I'm learning loads!

Thanks guys. :lol:

I admit I didn't know much on how to read weather charts, but since joining Netweather I have learnt so much and can now make my own basic forecasts. :D

Posted
they always seem to leave out herts heavy snow here

they left out suffolk too and west suffolk just getting in on the action now too!

Posted
2.4 with dewpoints that low wouldnt be so bad. Probably start with light rain/sleet, soon turning to heavy snow if the temp gets dragged down. Not sure if you are on the coast or not, if so this can have a negative effect, but fingers crossed for you!

Thanks so much for the reply. Its raining here at the moment so fingers crossed for the temps to drop so it turns to snow! Won't hold my breath though!

Posted
tinybill, pretty sure its gonna be snow, and fairly heavy at that!! :lol: Just gotta wait now...patience aint my thing

Very promising alert there Nick, fingers crossed for an event here! Very worried it will just be rain/sleet tomorrow though .. Fun finding out !

looking at the storm on monday night looks like things will get nastry

Edited by tinybill