Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Whats your current views on tommorow night for East anglia?

Personally there was a risk for Cambs/Northants/Beds but for me this risk has moved NW.

However I wouldn't take my word on this!

Posted

Had some sleet and the odd flake of wet snow mixed in with the rain here...which is more than what I was expecting

present forecasts indicate rain monday/tuesday but at this stage I wouldnt be ruling anything out just yet, just needs temps to drop a degree or two and these lows can be quite contrary and hard to pin down. Best to keep expectations low but not to be too premature

Posted

just rain here as well and 35.8F

Posted

Latest radar is suggesting the back edge of this snow band is intensifying. Looks very nasty for those in Lincs/Notts.

Posted
Im off now, might not come on again after this so bye!

Do you mean thats it for tonight,or you going to the nearest train track?There will be more sometime just hang on in there :db:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Very very light ppn in Ipswich, so light that I can't quite work out what it is. This suggests to me it is drizzle...of rain....as soon as the ppn gets a little heavier I would expect this to turn to snow....bring it on. Infact It might even be snizzle but its that light I cant tell :db:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Well from what I had seen further west suggested we were just north enough to be on the right side of marginal. Certainly north suffolk and norfolk will see snow from this, like cambridgeshire already is...

If its light rain in Haverhill then we are the same latitude, that doesnt sound good HOWEVER temps continue to fall and we still have low dewpoints, I would have rated us a very good chance of snow, had there not been that report. Still places further west and south than Haverhill have reported snow, so my guess is maybe its because this ppn is still light. When the heavier stuff moves here, as it is continuing to do so, Im hoping that report turns to light snow, then heavy snow.

Eyes on radar and reports it seems :D

Some very heavy echoes on radar and all heading for us here....!

Started off as light rain, although we now have some big fat snowflakes mixed in :D

I stand corrected then, bush fires as well :db:

We just have rain again now!

:D

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
I'm sorry, I just see alot of polish getting a bad press. A little tetchy that's all. I'm not going to moan about getting snow or not. I want the warm weather now tbh. Had enough of the cold.

Well I don't need to be a police officer to make an assumption that you and Stormtracker might be one and the same...being as you seem to be replying on his behalf, are both from Suffolk and both in the police force! :db:

North Londoner, I'm assuming your location for the snow is Buntingford? You do well to be on the Broxbourne North West Arc...a meterological term which determines where snow will fall when an event is marginal :D

Posted

SNOW HEAVY NOW HERE, BIG FLAKES,

MAY BE THE LAST DAY, SEEMS QUITE ABIT DOOM AND GLOOM FOR MY POSITION FOR TOMORROW NIGHT.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Seasons, would suggest that as the heavier ppn gets nearer and nearer it will turn increasingly to snow until the really heavy stuff should be a white-out for you :db: and then me..

Ventured outside...light snizzle drizzle here....very very fine bits of snow coming down...amongst a little bit of light drizzle...weird. Want the heavier stuff now...haha

SNOW HEAVY NOW HERE, BIG FLAKES,

MAY BE THE LAST DAY, SEEMS QUITE ABIT DOOM AND GLOOM FOR MY POSITION FOR TOMORROW NIGHT.

Glad to see it! Your pessimism earlier was unwarranted:P haha

Posted
Seasons, would suggest that as the heavier ppn gets nearer and nearer it will turn increasingly to snow until the really heavy stuff should be a white-out for you :p and then me..

Ventured outside...light snizzle drizzle here....very very fine bits of snow coming down...amongst a little bit of light drizzle...weird. Want the heavier stuff now...haha

Glad to see it! Your pessimism earlier was unwarranted:P haha

YEAH I FEEL BETTER NOW...LOL.

Posted

Hello all :p

Raining here, 4c!

Only had 2 days of snow last week, which melted by about midday on Tuesday. I think the South and Southeast need another good dumping :D:D

Any sign of anymore snow for the south ?

Posted

Well the stuff that fell at around 5.45pm round here was insane. Really heavy snow with large flakes-even the main roads with grit on them was white over due to the intensity.

Hope you guys get a pasting-If you had what i had you will be OK :p

Good luck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Seasons, would suggest that as the heavier ppn gets nearer and nearer it will turn increasingly to snow until the really heavy stuff should be a white-out for you :D and then me..

'I luv snow' I agree with this mate. I'm going to hop off the fence a make a prediction for us. :p

The heavy precipitation is knocking on my door now judging by the latest radar image - I suspect a good hour (probably nearer 2 hours) of heavy snow ~ this then moving east towards Ipswich. Temperature's to the west of me are a fair bit lower, so I guess within the snowband evaporative cooling is taking place bringing the snowline down to lower ground. DP's are below here, so all bodes well :D

Seasons

Posted

MetO Warning for tomorrow

East of England:60% Bedfordshire

60% Cambridgeshire

60% Hertfordshire

60% Luton

60% Peterborough

Drifting Snow & Heavy Snow 1800 Mon 9 2359 Mon 9

Rain turning to snow in many places will give accumulations of 5 to 10cm generally and 15 to 20cm over hills. Some drifting is possible in the strong easterly winds.

Issued at: 1150 Sun 8 Feb

Posted
Wet snow- cold rain- Wet Snow -Cold rain-1 degree drop would make a difference but I don't think its going to happen. :p

Well thats that then,if the man on the hill says no,then im throwing the towel in :D

Posted
storm trackers me is will blows lootons snows to ipsywichsy 4 tha youhoooo!!!! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

lootons is back now we know its really snowing !!