Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted

The 6z ensembles are quite frankly, scary.

The agreement for all members to show even colder conditions after a "warmer" day, is astounding.

I think this week is going to be something special.

post-2746-1234198935_thumb.png

Posted
The 6z ensembles are quite frankly, scary.

The agreement for all members to show even colder conditions after a "warmer" day, is astounding.

I think this week is going to be something special.

I never have understood those graphs! Looks like something I did in Primary 1 using crayons, lol

However, the small feature is the kind of system which can dump shed loads of stuff on us in the Central areas. As Ross says it ain't a polar low, but with a northerly influence again soon, this could be fun if it joins the airstream :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

it would be better if it moved further east :D

Posted
Round 2 tomorrow night for Glasgow and the west ? It would be good to top up the snow after todays slight thaw!

post-26-1234195079_thumb.png post-26-1234195102_thumb.png

Those things never seem to come off, can I be the first to declare it a non-event?

Thankyou, now if it is a non-event I will be worshipped like a God !

Posted
Those things never seem to come off, can I be the first to declare it a non-event?

It is on the fax charts this time though so unless a mild sector comes out of nowhere then we should be ok...

Posted
QUOTE (Ross B @ 9 Feb 2009, 03:59 PM) post_snapback.gifRound 2 tomorrow night for Glasgow and the west ? It would be good to top up the snow after todays slight thaw!

post-26-1234195079_thumb.png post-26-1234195102_thumb.png

oh dear....the arthritis in my knees may make the grovelling a bit difficult!!! :D

Posted
It is on the fax charts this time though so unless a mild sector comes out of nowhere then we should be ok...

And you will be the first to feel my wrath, a plague of locusts to Kilmarnock!

That's quite encouraging though, will look forward to tomorrow with renewed optimism now, things were looking a bit boring for a time:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

What is Aviemore's record low for February? I'm assuming it must be in the low -20s?

Certainly a very cold night in the Highlands to come, Inverness already at -6'C, with Loch Glascarnoch at -5'C, Altnaharra at -7'C and Aviemore at -8'C.

Posted

And Dundee to miss out..............AGAIN. :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
And Dundee to miss out..............AGAIN. :lazy:

Now now Dundee has had some crackers in the past :cray:

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
Now now Dundee has had some crackers in the past :lazy:

We had a decent and unexpected fall at the start of winter that brought close to 5 inches of snow but other than that, this winter has been very disappointing yet again so far.

Posted

-12°C in Aberdeen this morning - coldest February temperature since 1986. Didn't quite make the record of -16°C which was on the 27th December 1995.

15" of snow in the north west of the city anf that will increase to around 20" by next weekend after 3 days of northerly winds.

Just seen the GFS 12z run - the block pushes the Atlantic wind back and a north-easterlt re-establishes itself! Not building my hopes up as the ECM doesn' go for this and I find it more accurate - we will see.

Posted
What is Aviemore's record low for February? I'm assuming it must be in the low -20s?

Certainly a very cold night in the Highlands to come, Inverness already at -6'C, with Loch Glascarnoch at -5'C, Altnaharra at -7'C and Aviemore at -8'C.

I think it was -21c

Posted

-10c here this morning never got above -2c in brilliant sunshine all day a pristine winters day with snow cover of about 8 inches sparkling in the sun.

Posted

Radar currently looking interesting for the east - showers developing on an easterly over the Forth - southeasterly over Angus/Tayside and a northeasterly over southern Borders down into Northumberland.

Posted

Evening All

1. 8 Days Snow has been lying on the Ground in East Kilbride. :D

Had 8 hours of Heavy Snow in East Kilbride Yesterday. :D

2. East Kilbride Temp: -1.0c, Dew Point: -1.8c at 18:37 GMT. :D

3. Trough (Polar Low) Moving in from the North West tomorrow Evening to affect Western, Central and South West Scotland, it will bring Sleet and Snow Showers:

Tuesday 10th Feb 2009, 12:00 GMT: post-9501-1234205431_thumb.jpg

Wednesday 11th Feb 2009, 00:00 GMT: post-9501-1234205476_thumb.jpg

Regards

EK :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
Radar currently looking interesting for the east - showers developing on an easterly over the Forth - southeasterly over Angus/Tayside and a northeasterly over southern Borders down into Northumberland.

Evening all.

Was looking at those showers poping into existence. See what you mean now about them maybe begining to move ashore.

Did not too bad last night after all. 3 cm fell on last mondays substantial remains - was picture postcard this morning. Not much melt at all today. Was -5 this morning and struggled to get much above zero most of the day. 0.9 C and falling now, DP -0.4 C

Posted

Posted

The NMM model is very interesting with tomorrows feature, it has it as a south west event only - just passing to the south of Glagsow and giving ayrshire a good dump of snow! A quick 2 hour event but with precipitation rates of up to 8cm per hour i won't complain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

rab , heather the weather girl onbbc said aviemore didnt get above -5*c today which is a february record! :crazy::)

Posted

Yeah shuggee, I spotted that on sat24 sat pics (posted as such a few posts/pages back - looks interesting !