Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
Its very small snow, powdery apparently acording to the boys who decided to try and make a snow man on a car it didn't stick well.

Neighbours here made a snowman in the main street earlier..amazing difference 20 miles further west makes!

Still pelting it down here. Just checked the cars in the driveway and I reckon if this keeps up, I'll be spinning the wheels to get to work for 6am tomorrow morning. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Well, who would believe it - might end up with a couple of cm's in the end.

Just keeps on coming. Might not be fat flakes, but it is frozen water falling from the sky and it's white!

Posted
We already have a -13: http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Outcha. That's getting into diesel freezing temps. Suggest you bring the car inside and put next to the fire.

Posted

No Breaking News on Sky about this "extreme" event some of us are having ??

Goodnight all..

PS...definitely keep the threads like they are.. :-)

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted
Is that it all over for us in the South West then? No wee surprises going to spring up from anywhere?

Probably, but its hard to say. It may keep snowing lightly for much of the night or it may just die away. The meto warning is until 10am though isn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
Probably, but its hard to say. It may keep snowing lightly for much of the night or it may just die away. The meto warning is until 10am though isn't it?

It certainly is and the radar doesn't show it to be moving too far anytime soon :D

Posted
Is that it all over for us in the South West then? No wee surprises going to spring up from anywhere?

yes seems to have eased off for now maybe the system may tilt back our way or maybe some showery activity coming in...

Posted

Dare I say it - is actually snowing 'moderately' at the mo here. Been holding at -1 C for the past few hours.

Posted

Still falling fast asnd thick here, got about an inch and a half falling, the boys have run outside and decide to be five years old and are making snow men on someones car...

Posted
Outcha. That's getting into diesel freezing temps. Suggest you bring the car inside and put next to the fire.

Not me personally ('we' as in somewhere in Scotland). Here is only around -6 at the moment but dropping steadily.

On the car front - we both walk to work, so no issues there!

Edited by LadyPakal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Snow in Glasgow is fantastic at the moment.

-15'C Loch Glascarnoch, -10'C in Inverness. Sub -20'C in some of the Glens, and a -15'C in Inverness tonight? Possibly.

Posted
Not me personally ('we' as in somewhere in Scotland). Here is only around -6 at the moment but dropping steadily.

On the car front - we both walk to work, so no issues there!

Oops - gotcha. Might well happen to a few folk then if T's stay low and they don't use the car. Doesn't all freeze, but waxes start to come out and block the fuel filters killing the engine - happened to my folks who live near aviemore last winter. Local garage went around the village towing cars down to the workshop to be defrosted!

Posted

Some people are so immature eh?? :lol: I was throwing snowballs at a woman's house that used to burst my footballs if they went in her garden. And she opened her window and said: "That's enough now, the poice will be coming to your door soon" :lol: . I am still waiting for the old polis to show up. Yeah that's right I'm 19 :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well just peeked out of the window, my little one is refusing to go to sleep tonight!! and boy is it snowing out there - best we've had this winter. Hope you all enjoy the snow tomorrow.

night.

Posted
Some people are so immature eh?? :lol: I was throwing snowballs at a woman's house that used to burst my footballs if they went in her garden. And she opened her window and said: "That's enough now, the poice will be coming to your door soon" :lol: . I am still waiting for the old polis to show up. Yeah that's right I'm 19 :lol:

Not a chance they will turn up, go and throw some more :lol:

A few heavy showers forming over N.Ireland, round 2 later? ;)

Posted
Not a chance they will turn up, go and throw some more :lol:

A few heavy showers forming over N.Ireland, round 2 later? ;)

:lol: Oh I didn't stop I kept throwing them I just got bored :p . Hopefully I was looking at that a while ago :)

Posted
Some people are so immature eh?? :lol: I was throwing snowballs at a woman's house that used to burst my footballs if they went in her garden. And she opened her window and said: "That's enough now, the poice will be coming to your door soon" :lol: . I am still waiting for the old polis to show up. Yeah that's right I'm 19 :p
Hahahahaha *high fives* I'm 19 too, though to be honest snow brings out the 5 year old in us all.

Posted

- 12.0 here and still falling, though more slowly now, so may be about to bottom out.

Watching the thermometer drop is keeping me up late!