Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Think the shows over for me tonight. Still got to be happy - we have held onto a white garden all week. Can't complain about ~cm to top it up.

Photo of the wife out in the back garden eariler on attached.

Actually, no wait, that's not right....

post-9421-1234127691_thumb.jpg

Posted
still snowing in Ayr heaviest all day and lying everywhere now checked the rainfall radar on met office and meteox and it doesnt show this !!!! cant complain longest snow here for years :lol:

Notice that too early

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

youve got a really big back garden then! :lol:

Think the shows over for me tonight. Still got to be happy - we have held onto a white garden all week. Can't complain about ~cm to top it up.

Photo of the wife out in the back garden eariler on attached.

Actually, no wait, that's not right....

Posted

Been snowing here now for about 30min. About 2cm of lying snow. Road outside is barely passable. If the sky clears and this lot freezes its going to be a hairy commute tomorrow :lol: Will carry some grit in the car :lol: Temp -1C DP -2C

Posted
still snowing in Ayr heaviest all day and lying everywhere now checked the rainfall radar on met office and meteox and it doesnt show this !!!! cant complain longest snow here for years :lol:

Interesting for sure. I thought you guys had had it for the night..good to know there's tons more on the way!

Been snowing here now for about 30min. About 2cm of lying snow. Road outside is barely passable. If the sky clears and this lot freezes its going to be a hairy commute tomorrow :D Will carry some grit in the car :D Temp -1C DP -2C

No grit left..Southern England took it all :lol:

Posted

Is it me clutching at straws, or is the main band now sort of stalling with some channeling through the midland valley?

Posted

Good shower here just now, went and cleared the snow off the car and it has been recovered again in about 7 minutes, where is this coming from? I thought that front thing had long since passed.

Posted

The best snow here since March 2006 so far. Heavy snow currently, the main roads are white! On the radar it looks like the band has stalled and the heavy snow is straming in here off the coast :lol:

Posted

hi stuart , its just stopped in Ayr and the temp has gone up to 0.3*c from 0 , been out and its melting !! 2 near the beach !!!! :lol:

the radar shows this came from the nw down to us so dont know where the front is heading now or if it has stalled around central belt

Good shower here just now, went and cleared the snow off the car and it has been recovered again in about 7 minutes, where is this coming from? I thought that front thing had long since passed.

Posted

I have a suspicion the front proper has now met the cold nothern airmass and it doesn't know what to do, so has stalled giving the west central belt a good belting tonight!

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted

where are u in ayr duncan?

Surprise snow is always the best :D

Posted

The snowfall here is definately the best since March 2006 however the amount of sow we got that night was amazing, well over a foot I would say. I dont think tonight is going to match that total but saying that it snowed for about 12h back in March whereas I dont think tonight will go on for quite that length of time.

Posted
I have a suspicion the front proper has now met the cold nothern airmass and it doesn't know what to do, so has stalled giving the west central belt a good belting tonight!

Think you might be right (at least I'm hoping). Just when I thought it was game over for me I noticed it looking like it was holding over the midland valley and maybe channelling snow through W2E. Some new showers now appearing of the west cost and moving inland??

Posted
Well according to all "British" media anyway. The BBC have a cheek it should be the EBC the way they behave :D .

Now now, at least the BBC has a good division for Scotland/Alba even if their "British" division is more English orientated, the met-office on the other hand...

I'm going to throw a tantrum unless I see at least as much snow as in Weigieland.

Posted
Heres a reminder of the last Major snow fall we had here on March 2006.

I want this again... Jan 08.

post-9421-1234129548_thumb.jpg

Posted
Heres a reminder of the last Major snow fall we had here on March 2006.

I know my child was born just made it home that nite

Posted

-12C at Loch Glascarnoch by 8pm tonight, 30 centimetres of level snow in Aviemore and snow falling in quite a few places across central and southern parts - good old Scotland - no need for fuss.

Posted

Its been snowing here most of the evening but not too heavy,got a couple of cms,im just too damn south of the main precip.

Temp -0.5 dew point -3.