Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Guest Shetland Coastie

The wintry spell continues with a hard frost overnight (low temp -4.6C). Temps today barely getting above freezing (top temp 0.3C) and currently -1.1C. Local forecast says increasingly heavy showers during tonight may lead to another cm or two of lying snow, with possibly more general snow on Thursday. No let up yet it seems.

:D

Posted

Was in Aviemore on Friday until Sunday, there was at least 20" of snow, the most i have ever seen fall!!! Went skiing at Cairngorm on Saturday, the Ptarmigan Station was almost covered with 20foot drifts, i have pictures which i will post soon!!

Posted
The bay here this morning was frozen over never seen that before very rare and cold here still plenty of snow on the hills.

Pictures!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

We had a lovely snowy scene this morning, my eldest was out building a snowman just after breakfast just in case it melted.

The snow has melted back to just being on grass and fields etc but still looks nice.

Looks like we may get some snow showers tomorrow, which is nice.

As the cold spell looks set to continue, are we likely to be seeing any more snow in the coming week? I am not looking at charts just now as i'm suffering with kids germs and having been up most of the night for five nights with sick little one. Fancied getting the sledge out too!!

Posted

I think 12z GFS is about to show a feature moving down the west coast tomorrow night. A warning is out for Argyle and Bute already for it.

Posted

Not sure - but looking at the looped sat images and xc wind - the top end of the front that's walloping englandshire, looks to be being swept back in towards the east coast...don't think the wind is strong enough - and I may be talking wodscallop....

:lol:

Posted

Round 2 tomorrow night for Glasgow and the west ? It would be good to top up the snow after todays slight thaw!

post-26-1234195079_thumb.png post-26-1234195102_thumb.png

Posted
Round 2 tomorrow night for Glasgow and the west ? It would be good to top up the snow after todays slight thaw!

post-26-1234195079_thumb.png post-26-1234195102_thumb.png

wow :huh: didnt notice these charts if these come of I am probably looking at another 3inches at least , would take me closer to the level foot of snow B) Cheers Ross :)

Posted

Tuesday midnight

prectypeuktopo.png

Pffft!!! I'm sick of the stuff already :):)

What I like about this chart is that most of Scotland could get some snow and so too the Benelux countries. Guess who misses out, which means no rolling 24 hours news about ice on a pavement :):)

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

will it reach here??

we're off to glasgow on wednesday so don't really want to be snowed in on thursday in glasgow

Posted

From the Metcheck home page:

'After yesterday’s snow across northern regions, notably Northern Ireland, the rest of the country can expect a quieter and largely dry day on Monday. There will be a frost for some areas overnight. By late Tuesday, and into Wednesday, much of the UK will be back under the influence of a chill northerly – which will progressively create the right conditions for snow showers to move into northern and eastern coastal districts of Scotland and England especially. This activity will be increased by the southwards passage of a shallow 'polar' low moving from Hebrides through to eastern England during the period. Tuesday night will also be cold for most. '

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

The charts Ross posted earlier regarding snowfall tomorrow night is going to happen, for Glasgow, my area and others. Its a repeat performance of last night. There will be 3-5cm from this, especially as the snow looks to be falling at moderate levels for about 4 or 5 hours. Also the front of the system will come into glasgow after sunset so this will help the snow settle on the ground quicker. Midnight is when you would expect the heaviest snow falling, althought anytime from 10pm onwards looks good for that also. I fully expect a metoffice warning for 5cm for strathclyde and other parts to be posted on there website for 17.00pm tomorrow. <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
The charts Ross posted earlier regarding snowfall tomorrow night is going to happen, for Glasgow, my area and others. Its a repeat performance of last night. There will be 3-5cm from this, especially as the snow looks to be falling at moderate levels for about 4 or 5 hours. Also the front of the system will come into glasgow after sunset so this will help the snow settle on the ground quicker. Midnight is when you would expect the heaviest snow falling, althought anytime from 10pm onwards looks good for that also. I fully expect a metoffice warning for 5cm for strathclyde and other parts to be posted on there website for 17.00pm tomorrow. <_<

i can't believe that edinburgh or central didn't get a warning even after all the snow they got

we got some snow but it was very localised with a few cms here but none 10 miles away