Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
The NMM model is very interesting with tomorrows feature, it has it as a south west event only - just passing to the south of Glagsow and giving ayrshire a good dump of snow! A quick 2 hour event but with precipitation rates of up to 8cm per hour i won't complain!

Nooooo! Please don't miss us Weegies :crazy:

8cm per hour certainly sounds impressive!

Posted

Very cold and dry here again. Currently - 4.0

Last night was - 13.2 on my weather station which was the coldest I've seen :crazy:

Would love to beat that tonight, but not so confident this time..

Posted
Radar currently looking interesting for the east - showers developing on an easterly over the Forth - southeasterly over Angus/Tayside and a northeasterly over southern Borders down into Northumberland.

Just saw this. Wouls explain why light as hell drizzle is falling over me.

This happened last night shuggee with that stalled front. Although it came in from the west, the actual snaw fell from a slight easterly direction, so my hunch was it fed off the Forth. (all witnessed by rigorous lampost watching!)

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
Weird :)

It's very light rain here..wasn't expecting that

Hi DXR,

Drove into falling snow earlier as I was leaving the M90 at Kelty (17.35pm)

Light and patchy and still a few spells at the mo. :)

I think we managed about 1cm here last night :)

Big Innes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
The NMM model is very interesting with tomorrows feature, it has it as a south west event only - just passing to the south of Glagsow and giving ayrshire a good dump of snow! A quick 2 hour event but with precipitation rates of up to 8cm per hour i won't complain!

I am in shock, 4 hours ago this feature was much further north. It is now showing as missing glasgow all together. Alot of snow for Ayr ( 10 miles east of too) if the track stays the same. I am speechless.

Posted
I am in shock, 4 hours ago this feature was much further north. It is now showing as missing glasgow all together. Alot of snow for Ayr ( 10 miles east of too) if the track stays the same. I am speechless.

Dont worry, it is at the moment on a direct hit for here. It will be wrong :) The fax charts have changed now and show it as a feature covering most of Scotland...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
Just saw this. Wouls explain why light as hell drizzle is falling over me.

This happened last night shuggee with that stalled front. Although it came in from the west, the actual snaw fell from a slight easterly direction, so my hunch was it fed off the Forth. (all witnessed by rigorous lampost watching!)

Is currently giving me the super lightest of tiny flakes. Wonder if that heavier patch of the coast might keep going due west - would be bang on target.

Posted
Dont worry, it is at the moment on a direct hit for here. It will be wrong :D The fax charts have changed now and show it as a feature covering most of Scotland...

and here is me thinking this week was going to be cool grey and boring

Posted

omg its -11c in the highlands i wonder if it will reach -20c? the temeratures seem to be dropping rapidly with some areas dropping 5c in 3hours.

Posted
omg its -11c in the highlands i wonder if it will reach -20c? the temeratures seem to be dropping rapidly with some areas dropping 5c in 3hours.

Yep, -4c in Prestwick at 8pm is notable as well!

A very warm -1.5c here in comparison.

Posted
My outdoor thermometer only -0.5 at the moment but it tends to be slow to pick up extremes.

It's probably just because the Prestwick station is at the Airport and is probably sitting in amongst all the snow covered fields. Glasgow AP would probably be around the same but it is cloudy there.

Posted
And you will be the first to feel my wrath, a plague of locusts to Kilmarnock!

That's quite encouraging though, will look forward to tomorrow with renewed optimism now, things were looking a bit boring for a time:)

theres nothing in kilmarnock for the locusts to eat!

Well im not gonna get my hopes up for snow, i think its all over now! Especially for this area!

Posted

When was the last time that happened WM?

Posted
but got the icy bay its not thick ice but rare for it because the bay is connected to the Atlantic.

That say it all. Even the Atlantic can't stop this cold spell :D

Great shots..guess it must be rare for the bay to freeze..any idea when it last did?

Posted
Well don't have any pictures of the snowy hills but got the icy bay its not thick ice but rare for it because the bay is connected to the Atlantic. Pics taken from my window.

Nice pics :lol: heres a few I took today !

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=53630 My photo album from today :D Cheers

Edited by scott_anthony_glasgow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY
My outdoor thermometer only -0.5 at the moment but it tends to be slow to pick up extremes.

-1.8*c in ayr on my weather station in doonfoot :yahoo:

Edited by markg