Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Ross B

Posted
Not a chance they will turn up, go and throw some more :lol:

A few heavy showers forming over N.Ireland, round 2 later? :lol:

Stop this teasing us!

I just want someone to declare this over so I can return to bed! I missed the heavy stuff earlier due to being in bed, it's like when you go to the toilet at the football you always miss your team scoring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening
Hahahahaha *high fives* I'm 19 too, though to be honest snow brings out the 5 year old in us all.

Yeah, and water bombs and water guns, bb guns, anything you can throw :lol:

Posted
Yeah, and water bombs and water guns, bb guns, anything you can throw :lol:
I'm sitting at the window watching them - I feel like I'm 19 + 61 - and they are getting their own back on the man across the road who rang the police because the fire alarm going off at 4am peeveyed him off.

They've got two giantic snow balls and wedged them in under his tires lets see him try to get to work tomorrow :lol:

Edited by sammie

Posted
I'm sitting at the window watching them - I feel like I'm 19 + 61 - and they are getting their own back on the man across the road who rang the police because the fire alarm going off at 4am left trouser leged him off.

They've got two giantic snow balls and wedged them in under his tires lets see him try to get to work tomorrow :lol:

:lol: yass a snow clamp. lol classic ! ;)

Tell them to put flour in the vent on his bonnet. He'll get a nice surprise when he turns the blowers on in the morning :p

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Went from 0.5 cm to 2 cm in a very short time, and still pelting 'moderately' down. Better than I expected anyway!

Posted
Stop this teasing us!

I just want someone to declare this over so I can return to bed! I missed the heavy stuff earlier due to being in bed, it's like when you go to the toilet at the football you always miss your team scoring!

I would go to bed, nothing major is likely to happen in the next few hours at least. The showers over N.Ireland are heavy but will take hours to get here if they even do :)

Posted
I would go to bed, nothing major is likely to happen in the next few hours at least. The showers over N.Ireland are heavy but will take hours to get here if they even do :)

I have a question for you Ross. WHO would you go to bed with? :) And would you take them out in the snow in the morning? :)

Posted
I have a question for you Ross. WHO would you go to bed with? :) And would you take them out in the snow in the morning? :)

The answer is no, stay away from killie young man :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

To answer someone's question, the coldest winter night so far was last night (!), with -14'C in Dalwhinnie! That's now been knocked off the top stop though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Ok, gone from thinking I might get a cm to having 3 and counting.

This is turning out better than expected for many it seems.

Posted
Ok, gone from thinking I might get a cm to having 3 and counting.

This is turning out better than expected for many it seems.

Yeah i thought it would have been a very light snow event with a dusting for some favoured places.. the initial band looked very narrow early this afternoon my only guess is that it gained a lot of moisture heading over sea and become pretty unstable hitting the cold air.. it seems not to be stuck over the central belt not moving at all, think this may last a while yet on and off

Posted
The answer is no, stay away from killie young man :lol:

Hahaha you wish! :lol: . I know you have a thing for cwpiper you told me via PM! :o Scandalous

Posted
Looks like it is starting to thaw here, most of the snow is gone off the car now :lol:

Its not thawing here, I just fear that everyone might use up all the snow while snow balling. HUGE snow fight outside! I ran away after one hit me in the ear!

Posted

Snowing again here :lol:

Doesn't look like much more to come according to the radar though.

Posted

Hi all, great weather site. Been lurking around here for about one week and thought it time I contribute myself. So this is my first post. Great snow, about 5 to 6 cm here in the outskirts of Glasgow. Very light snow just now, although the radar looks like it will be over soon for now. Lets hope the weather continues with the wintry theme - the way it should be at this time of year - cold, frosty and snowy.

I look forward to spending more time here.

Col.

A couple of photos from earlier this evening.

post-9399-1234140479_thumb.jpg

post-9399-1234140502_thumb.jpg