Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & East Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Not bad eh 5th snowfall in 8days!

My luck is bound to run out sooner than later.

You're a lucky boy, forcasts have been showing Peterborough just outside of the snow zone all day.

Posted

It's currently 7c here right now with heavy rain.

I am expecting the temp to drop in a few hours time with the threat of snow for a time.

Posted
You're a lucky boy, forcasts have been showing Peterborough just outside of the snow zone all day.

Been praying to the weather gods. :D

So heavy at the moment its like a swirling fog which im sure dapick will find out in 10mins.

We still have the sting in the tail of this LP to move E yet!!

Posted

Well I was right then there was a flash of lightning i saw it just outside my front door must been one heck of a flash to get to me.

Edited by StormChaser

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Hi,

Just to report that there is heavy snow here.

Thanks for the updates guys. The snowfall is so very close to myself now, all within a 35 minute drive................

Should become rather interesting for our part of the world from midnight as the cold air starts to dig in from the north. I suspect TEITS down to Luton would be ideal locations for blizzards 00:00 - 06:00 (2 - 6 inches).

Have recently been out for a drive and the river Stour that runs through Haverhill is the highest it's been for years!! I suspect Steeple Bumpstead (Small village 2 miles west of Haverhill) is under water ~ they always cop flooding and I suspect tonight will be NO exception with the water flowing off the fields.

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted
amazing increase in temp here in Godstone surrey from 3.5 degrees to 8 degrees in less than two hours!! ...moonsoon rain falling .. what is going on!

same in sittingbourne its now 7oc it was 3.3oc at 7pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Yep! Same here.. eerie, isn't it..! Enjoy the calm before the storm.. :lol:

Edit : meant to be in reply to maidstone weather...!!!

Edited by Cleo Gabriel

Posted

This is what makes British Weather so fascinating. Temps at 7pm when I got home 1.5c sleet and rain. Took my son to his girlfriends house st 8.30pm temps up to 4.5c and feeling positively mild. As another poster posted if only this rain had been snow it would have been the snow storm of the last 120 years. Oh well the beer tonight has been good and the rain outside is getting heavier but I do feel there will be a sting in the tail (sorry Teits only just read your post so I'm not copying)and we will be getting lying snow by morning, which to be honest I do appreciate but there is one thing I love about snow more than anything and that is to watch it fall and settle. :lol:

Edited by charlton north-downs

Posted

this is incredibly heavy wet snow. as you can see by my pic the rain melted a good part of last weeks snow before tonights even turned. this was taken right outside my door. i'd be crazy to go out in it haha! oh yeah...and the dogs were kind enough to spend all week playing and compacting it

post-4276-1234221665_thumb.jpg

Edited by dapick2002

Posted

Picture of my car park.

Remember I had 5hrs of rain before the snow which indicates how much lying snow there was before and how quickly this is settling.

post-1766-1234221681_thumb.jpg

I wonder what it will be like if it carries on all night. I am slightly concerned when the LP pushes away if warmer temps spread inland from the N sea. However I shall just enjoy the moment and worry about it turning to sleet later on.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
incredible.. temp now at 8.8 degrees . now lets watch it drop

what time do you think temps will start dropping as mine is now 6.4 and rising ?

Posted
Picture of my car park.

Remember I had 5hrs of rain before the snow which indicates how much lying snow there was before and how quickly this is settling.

I wonder what it will be like if it carries on all night. I am slightly concerned when the LP pushes away and if warmer temps are spread inland from the N sea. However I shall just enjoy the moment and worry about it turning to sleet later on.

Simply amazing.

Posted

BBC Have just downgraded this storm now metoffice still has heavy snow warning for oxfrodshire. Hang on a sec, Ill have a look out side my window.... wait... no... looks at lampost... its raining! So tonights winter storm sums up to this:

1 Flash of distance lightning

Heavy Rain full=lots of of it

Snow= Bugger all 0%

Posted

looking at my lampost, the ppn is almost horizontal, the wind has really got up big time.

difficult to see if its still totally snow as i appears rather sleety, but that maybe coz the wind is blowing a gale.

still got snow in p'boro ?

Posted

Well having risen four deg (to 8C) in around an hour, the temp has just dropped nearly a deg (back to 7C) in 15 mins. Here comes the cold air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Picture of my car park.

I wonder what it will be like if it carries on all night. I am slightly concerned when the LP pushes away and if warmer temps are spread inland from the N sea. However I shall just enjoy the moment and worry about it turning to sleet later on.

:( You are loving this aren't you...!!!! Like a kid in a sweet shop!! Mind you, I was like it last Monday when we got over 6 inches... I too prayed to the weather gods that it would stay and we'd get more and more on top and then maybe i'd get to see icicles again...! They didn't listen to me...

Posted

The 18z GFS shows that a great swathe of warmair is still to cross a large part of the south eastern corner, including suffolk. What is interesting however is that it leaves ppn over suffolk and the south east until around 6pm tomorrow and shows it turning to snow from about 9am - wonder what will happen as presently its just rain and doesnt look remotely like turning to snow anytime soon.

Posted

Temperatures in the south are starting to fall.

this shows that the temperature in Bournemouth (Hurn) has dropped 4C in one hour!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/...st_weather.html

Must be heading my way soon, as i am only about 40 miles east of Bournemouth

:rolleyes::doh: