Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

Rain here too, although it is from the advanced area of rain that's just formed ahead of the main deal which is still mainly in the South.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
whats your current temp james?im at work so cant check

1.9°C but slowly dropping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
1.9°C but slowly dropping.

ok cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Pants ATM LoL Temp 4c DP 3 Light Rain need Temp and DP To drop

Considerably not giving up hope yet Though.

Posted
Pants ATM LoL Temp 4c DP 3 Light Rain need Temp and DP To drop

Considerably not giving up hope yet Though.

i wouldnt give up either..i still think we are going to be hit cheshire anyways n, s, e.

we are now being hit by the main part of the band. precip type radar left and intensity right.

tomorrow looks interesting -> hgt500-1000.png

latest ir => http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=e...r&type=loop

and a good ir still image from the met of the low -> http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

post-1982-1234197162_thumb.png

post-1982-1234197425_thumb.png

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Light rain in Stockport for the last couple of hours or so

Temp 3.0C

Dew point 2.0C

Things are going to have to take quite a dip for any snow here :lol:

Posted

3 inches of fresh snow this morning. Rapid temperature rise till lunchtime reaching 4C. Dropped back to 2.5 at 4pm. Been fine all day but looked threatening! Managed to repair the snowman after his nose and the side of his face had fallen off during Saturday!

Steady drizzle here the snow shield is fully operational once more.

On a serious note its not looking great is it?

The heavier stuff will probably not reach here we'll just get the dregs of the front and the milder air assosiated with it.

Watch out for the rain turning to to snow as we see undercutting from the continent,trouble is this will be happening down in the midlands and further SE.

Personally i am not overly disappointed as my expectations were low anyway.

Posted
Steady drizzle here the snow shield is fully operational once more.

On a serious note its not looking great is it?

The heavier stuff will probably not reach here we'll just get the dregs of the front and the milder air assosiated with it.

Watch out for the rain turning to to snow as we see undercutting from the continent,trouble is this will be happening down in the midlands and further SE.

Personally i am not overly disappointed as my expectations were low anyway.

i dunno...i still think we have a better chance down here in the south of the region..the further north the more elevation as it comes through..its still out to the sw of the uk..so lets give it some more time.

I meant wednesday for this lmao -> hgt500-1000.png

actually beeb now show the snow in north wales and chesire now for tonight :( they have moved it gradually north throughout the day, though not by much lol

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

No rain here at the moment. Any chance of snow in the Blackburn area tonight <_<

Posted
Light rain in south liverpool at the mo.Just been out in the car and temp was 3.no chance of snow tonight round here im afraid...people building their hopes up again for nothing.

thats coz south liverpool has it's very own microclimate inside a bigger microclimate of liverpool lol

Posted

A pretty poor outlook snow-wise for tonight and the near future with no/little prospects of proper snowfall.

Hot*Snow

Posted
A pretty poor outlook snow-wise for tonight and the near future with no/little prospects of proper snowfall.

Hot*Snow

have you seen beyond wednesday? something like the next 7 days stuck under high pressure.. :)

thing is, people are so disappointed if it doesnt snow in their area, and yet if they were that bothered they only have to travel about 40 miles or so to see some very decent snow falls.maybe an inconvenience,but if your that bothered and well worth it trip IMO. Llangollen was great for slegding on sat/sunday and is only an hours drive if that from liverpool.

Posted
thing is, people are so disappointed if it doesnt snow in their area, and yet if they were that bothered they only have to travel about 40 miles or so to see some very decent snow falls.maybe an inconvenience,but if your that bothered and well worth it trip IMO. Llangollen was great for slegding on sat/sunday and is only an hours drive if that from liverpool.

or you could take a flight to norway be there in less time :)

anyone watching the other low pressure system to the nw?

current precip type radar showing sleet ->

post-1982-1234200637_thumb.png

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Those showers over the Western Isles look interesting for tomorrows prospects for those in the North if todays low fails to deliver, winds are due to swing Northerly as it passes so some places could well see some convective activity out of this by the morning especially the North Wales coast and Northwestern facing coastline such as Liverpool and Morecambe Bay.

Posted

I think NW England will get very little snow over the next few days, tonights precipitation is already beginning to pull out of the region or die back from the west, and the next few days seems to have drier air, especially with a northerly, move down the region.

Posted
oh dear just looked at ukmo ,roll on summer .

lol - if ukmo is to bear fruition, I think there will be the chance for the forum to have a very welcome pre-spring rest, after a few weeks of heightened activity. Coming back to the present, the radar isn't showing much northerly progress of the channel low, so this could be the fat lady starting to wax lyrical for the winter of 2008/2009 - or could there yet be a sting in it's tail?

Edited by dodgeredee

I think NW England will get very little snow over the next few days, tonights precipitation is already beginning to pull out of the region or die back from the west, and the next few days seems to have drier air, especially with a northerly, move down the region.

Yes my earlier forecast is looking very good unfortunately.

RAIN here still and the horrid sound of drip drip drip.

Woefully some parts further south are actually repoting SNOW.

BBc forecast is rubbish for here as well.

might be a few tumblweeds blowing across this thread in a few hours. :o

Posted

ʍous*ʇoɥ

˙ɥƃnoɥʇ uoıʇɐɔoן ʎɯ ɹoɟ ɹǝʇuıʍ sıɥʇ uı pǝʇuıodɐssıp ʎןʇɥƃıןs ɯɐ ı

˙sıɥʇ ʇnoqɐ pǝʇuıodɐssıp ʇou ɯ,ı os ʎɐʍʎuɐ ɯıןs ʎʇʇǝɹd ǝɹǝʍ ʇsǝʍ-ɥʇɹou ǝɥʇ ƃuıʇɔǝɟɟɐ ɯǝʇsʎs sıɥʇ ɟo sǝɔuɐɥɔ ǝɥʇ ɹıɐɟ ǝq oʇ

Posted
Those showers over the Western Isles look interesting for tomorrows prospects for those in the North if todays low fails to deliver, winds are due to swing Northerly as it passes so some places could well see some convective activity out of this by the morning especially the North Wales coast and Northwestern facing coastline such as Liverpool and Morecambe Bay.

Yes I think this could give one or two of us a dusting tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
ʍous*ʇoɥ

˙ɥƃnoɥʇ uoıʇɐɔoן ʎɯ ɹoɟ ɹǝʇuıʍ sıɥʇ uı pǝʇuıodɐssıp ʎןʇɥƃıןs ɯɐ ı

˙sıɥʇ ʇnoqɐ pǝʇuıodɐssıp ʇou ɯ,ı os ʎɐʍʎuɐ ɯıןs ʎʇʇǝɹd ǝɹǝʍ ʇsǝʍ-ɥʇɹou ǝɥʇ ƃuıʇɔǝɟɟɐ ɯǝʇsʎs sıɥʇ ɟo sǝɔuɐɥɔ ǝɥʇ ɹıɐɟ ǝq oʇ

:)

I think you're disappointed then :)