Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

Some light relief, the following links are a series of BBC weather bloopers - enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq_5VeBdNBM - compilation from bbc 3

(my personal favourite)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtEmhMfz7M...feature=related - Schafernaker strop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ctEDqqJtk...feature=related - another Schafernaker classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S775bSk9lwQ...feature=related - dead ringers

Hot*Snow

ʍous*ʇoɥ

˙ɥƃnoɥʇ uoıʇɐɔoן ʎɯ ɹoɟ ɹǝʇuıʍ sıɥʇ uı pǝʇuıodɐssıp ʎןʇɥƃıןs ɯɐ ı

˙sıɥʇ ʇnoqɐ pǝʇuıodɐssıp ʇou ɯ,ı os ʎɐʍʎuɐ ɯıןs ʎʇʇǝɹd ǝɹǝʍ ʇsǝʍ-ɥʇɹou ǝɥʇ ƃuıʇɔǝɟɟɐ ɯǝʇsʎs sıɥʇ ɟo sǝɔuɐɥɔ ǝɥʇ ɹıɐɟ ǝq oʇ

:)

Im in full whinging mode tonight mate you have a partner in crime

:)

Posted
thing is, people are so disappointed if it doesnt snow in their area, and yet if they were that bothered they only have to travel about 40 miles or so to see some very decent snow falls.maybe an inconvenience,but if your that bothered and well worth it trip IMO. Llangollen was great for slegding on sat/sunday and is only an hours drive if that from liverpool.

Yeah, I live in Llangollen.

We've had pretty decent snow all last week, with a nice depth.

I'm afraid to say that I don't think we will see much in the way of snow with this system, possibly a little sleet or light snow that won't amount to much at all. I think the general thaw of our snow is about to begin :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Quite a few reports of Snow in S Wales very sudden Temp drop

Also a few reports from S Birmingham

Posted

Appreciated Mark,

Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Temp and DP On the way down currently 2c DP 1C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well it's definately snow coming down now, small flakes but quite wet so nothing sticking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Still raining here, no sign of any change to snow. If it does though I'll let you know!

Posted

Dew points and air temps too far for any ppn up here to fall as snow.

South of the region may see a bit of wet snow, areas such as Cheshire and southern Merseyside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Dew points and air temps too far for any ppn up here to fall as snow.

South of the region may see a bit of wet snow, areas such as Cheshire and southern Merseyside.

Perhaps, currently its 3.7C with a dewpoint of 3.5C here so no chance of snow at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Weve had fine snow up here the last hour (more like snow particles untill the 10 mins now there more visable) and temp wise my station says 0c here which is/and probably will start droping more now i think. Wind Chill feels quite bad out there now.

As for that UKMO, it shows the centre north of the uk on that run with obviously colder air pulled down towards the uk so It wont be as mild as it looks IMO specially so at night time. Then theres those Fax charts what Tucco posted surely they will have an effect on the outcome of where that HP manages to move to if at all at 72hr+......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

this is the weatheronline forecast recently updated from 12z run sounds to good to be true?

Tuesday Night

An area of snow looks likely to make its way across southwest Scotland, and into northern England through the night. This is especially going to be affecting the northwest of England with the threat of 5 to 10cm of snow falling on the hills. Patchy rain affecting northern and western Wales after a dry start to the night and this leading to widespread icy roads. Elsewhere through the country it should be dry with clear skies in places. A widespread, severe frost in Scotland with lows over the snowfields at -15C. Nearer -1 to 05C for many other areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
this is weird - shows the localisation - snow to the east and west - and nothing here :doh:

looks like fine snow here mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad nice[ UNDERSTATMENT - THANK YOU MODERATORS] to hear those reprts of Heavy wet snow in Oxfordshire. Despite one decent snowfall this winter up to now its looking like a typical + 2001 winter up here even on the west pennine hills. Even last year we had more snow events up here im sure of it.

All the charts point to continued cold ecm look all over the place with regards to where it wants the systems but most of all what is annoying me is, yeah its looking cold but all the ppn want to bloody go round us and who the hell wants sustained periods of cold DRY weather ? NOT ME thats for sure.

Thanks for reading my rant :D

this is the weatheronline forecast recently updated from 12z run sounds to good to be true?

Tuesday Night

An area of snow looks likely to make its way across southwest Scotland, and into northern England through the night. This is especially going to be affecting the northwest of England with the threat of 5 to 10cm of snow falling on the hills. Patchy rain affecting northern and western Wales after a dry start to the night and this leading to widespread icy roads. Elsewhere through the country it should be dry with clear skies in places. A widespread, severe frost in Scotland with lows over the snowfields at -15C. Nearer -1 to 05C for many other areas.

Possibly right that, todays updated meto warnings leave a couple of NW regions in the warning for tuesday for heavy snow.

Blackpool Cheshire Gtr Manchester Heavy Snow Tue 10 Feb There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of England and Wales on Tuesday. A band of rain will turn to sleet and snow in places as it moves eastwards. There is the potential for around 5 to 10cm of snow, especially over hills.

Issued at: 1127 Mon 9 Feb

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
thing is, people are so disappointed if it doesnt snow in their area, and yet if they were that bothered they only have to travel about 40 miles or so to see some very decent snow falls.maybe an inconvenience,but if your that bothered and well worth it trip IMO. Llangollen was great for slegding on sat/sunday and is only an hours drive if that from liverpool.

We did this a few years ago travelling over to Wales where the snow was absolutely beautiful! We spent the day at Llyn Brennig with the dogs and it was very special.

Sadly ill health prevents me from travelling very far at the moment, but hopefully one day I'll be able to make that journey again. In the meantime, I live in hope, well, south Liverpool.... roll on Spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad nice[ UNDERSTATMENT - THANK YOU MODERATORS] to hear those reprts of Heavy wet snow in Oxfordshire. Despite one decent snowfall this winter up to now its looking like a typical + 2001 winter up here even on the west pennine hills. Even last year we had more snow events up here im sure of it.

I disagree, for our part of the Pennines it's been a much better winter, last winter and the year before were much much worse. This winter on the whole we've had colder temperatures, a decent fall in December, 2 in January and so far in February plenty of snow, we even had a dusting or too in October and November. While I admit that's nothing special compared to winters of the past, on the whole it's been better than the usual mild rubbish we've endured the past few years.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
I disagree, for our part of the Pennines it's been a much better winter, last winter and the year before were much much worse. This winter on the whole we've had colder temperatures, a decent fall in December, 2 in January and so far in February plenty of snow, we even had a dusting or too in October and November. While I admit that's nothing special compared to winters of the past, on the whole it's been better than the usual mild rubbish we've endured the past few years.

i agree james, i have been pleased with it..infact i would be happy for more of the same!

Posted
i agree james, i have been pleased with it..infact i would be happy for more of the same!

Same here, this has been a good winter so far for us in Bacup, I've only been here for 5 years and we've had a couple of decent falls each year but this has been the best and stayed around longest. What amazes me is that it rains all summer and then as soon as it could be snow it seems to disappear.

It it chucking down something outside, I think it is sleet, all I know that is extremely cold in that strong wind.

Shadowfax