Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March CET

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well, we are past the half way point in this short month so i thought that now would be an appropriate time to start the March CET thread.

While i will change my prediction on the 29th most likely, i am expecting March to be a wet month, with a very northerly first half, and a final CET of 5.8C, 0.5C below average.

Posted

Cet of 4.7 please

Posted

It`s going to be a cold first half,complete opposite to last march which had a cold wintry 2nd half which was the first time in donkeys years going by recent standards,much too early for a punt yet though.

Posted

March 2006 in the end I think turned out to be a cold month. A spell of milder weather in the last week of that month increased the CET though. Without that mild spell, March 2006 would of gone down as one of the coldest March's in living memory and much colder than that of 2001.

Posted

Far too early to call but not expecting it to buck the trend of recent months so my punt will probably be somewhere around the average CET mark -though not disclosing just yet..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

It is too early even to start guessing, if a deep cold spell appears in the next week or two (unlikely, tho I do think it will get quite cool) then the start of March would likely affect the CET for the month. My inclination is for cooler than average but 4.5-5.5 is alarge spread for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
March 2006 in the end I think turned out to be a cold month. A spell of milder weather in the last week of that month increased the CET though. Without that mild spell, March 2006 would of gone down as one of the coldest March's in living memory and much colder than that of 2001.

yeah but it didnt and thats what counts..if ifs and buts were pots and pans..everymonth would have been record breaking in that case if only this and that etc

Posted

Despite the current mild interlude, I suspect a cold end to February will lead on to a cold start to March. I doubt anything spring like will materialise, so I go for 1.7C below the mean CET in March. In the second half of the month I suspect there will be light air frosts at times and daytime temperatures getting well into double figures on a regular basis. Basically make the most of the next few days, because I think that will be it for yonks. Or the next 3-4 weeks.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I'll pop for 5.8C

Posted

5.9C for me please.

Edited by RUSS L.F.C.

Posted

Although it's early for a punt I'll go for 4.9C - a pretty cold one. I think the effects of the SF warming will manifest themselves at last, albeit greatly delayed.

Posted

3.5C: Tricky Dicky

4.6C: Mackerel Sky

4.7C: Adam Jones 416

4.9C: Kentish Man

5.3C: Dartmoor Mat

5.5C: Memories of 63

5.7C: Morfius

5.8C: Summer Blizzard

5.8C: The Pit

5.9C: Russ L.F.C.

6.1C: Tomb Raider Legend

6.5C: High Ground Birningham

7.8C: Optimus Prime

8.0C: Snow Storm 1

8.0C: Mike W

For those unaware..

The average March CET is 6.3C..

The coldest March on record occured in 1785, with a CET of 1.2C, 5.1C below todays average.

The hottest March on record occured in 1957 with a CET of 9.2C, 2.9C above todays average.

Personally, despite whether my final punt is abve or below average, i would like to see a cold March, i am unable to tan until April.

Posted

A month of alternating cold snaps and mild spring-like spells. Probably one last snowstorm effecting much of the country at some point in the first half. 18c may be reached late in the month, so a very contrasting month indeed.