Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
March 1997, away from a limited portion of north-western Britain, was a better example of a mild dry sunny March, with the last few days being particularly sunny for most.
I would love a repeat of March 2003, that was my ideal month as far as March goes. There is something I love about the early spring sunshine and warmth. I am going to go for 7.3C this year.

Yes- especially sunshine wise March 2003 was an even better example! Let alone exceed the average, very few parts of the country failed to register more than 40% above, and in Lancaster (where I was at the time) it was 80% above.

I don't think we'll be getting a March like that this year, but we could get a similar type anticyclonic spell in the second half- who knows?

Posted
Yes- especially sunshine wise March 2003 was an even better example! Let alone exceed the average, very few parts of the country failed to register more than 40% above, and in Lancaster (where I was at the time) it was 80% above.

I don't think we'll be getting a March like that this year, but we could get a similar type anticyclonic spell in the second half- who knows?

It really was a fantastic month and I can't imagine we will have something similar this year but I live in hope. It looks like we are going to get quite a cool start to the month in any case. Still I seem to remember March 03 starting off rather cool and unsettled before settling down in the 2nd week of the month. Virtually every day I remember waking up to the cloudless skies and it felt surprisingly warm in the afternoons. It's one of the most memorable months for me personally, particularly as I was out of the country during April 2007 which I'm sure would have been up there too.

I bet it was great being in Lancaster during that glorious spring of 2003. There really is no better place to be in the spring sunshine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Ok its still and finally 6.6 C for me please.......hopefully!

Posted
3.2C: Timbo

3.5C: Tricky Dicky

4.5C: Snowray

4.6C: Mackerel Sky

4.7C: Adam Jones 416

4.9C: Kentish Man

4.9C: 10123

4.9C: Shuggee

5.0C: Norrance

5.1C: Barnet Blizzard

5.2C: Fozfoster

5.3C: Dartmoor Mat

5.4C: Caspar Jack

5.5C: Memories of 63

5.5C: Snowmaiden

5.6C: Nick 2702

5.6C: Steve B

5.7C: Morfius

5.8C: Summer Blizzard

5.8C: The Pit

5.8C: Snowingman

5.9C: Russ L.F.C.

5.9C: Stephen Prudence

6.0C: Gavin P

6.0C: Jackone

6.1C: Tomb Raider Legend

6.2C: Cold in cromarty

6.5C: High Ground Birningham

6.5C: James M

6.7C: Rain Rain Rain

6.9C: Polar Gael

7.2C: Tony H

7.3C: Paul B

7.4C: Thundery Wintry Showers

7.8C: Optimus Prime

8.0C: Snow Storm 1

8.0C: Mike W

19.6C: Simon Mcfc

For those unaware..

The 1971-2000 average for March CET is 6.3C..

The coldest March on record occured in 1785, with a CET of 1.2C, 5.1C below todays average.

The hottest March on record occured in 1957 with a CET of 9.2C, 2.9C above todays average.

Have done all of first three pages, will complete list later. :)

I went for 6.4 but haven't been included in the list! :)

Posted
I went for 6.4 but haven't been included in the list! :o

I haven't been either. I went for 7C.

Edited by Don

Posted
Will I be added to the list I went for 6.5 degrees, but already starting to think I've aimed too high given all the long range forecasts for the month.

6.7 please

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Lets try 3.3c, coldest since 1969. :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Clickety-click

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

5.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Below average for me at 5.2c.