Cold?
IGNORED

April CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I shall go for

7.9c

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

10.1c- a nice warm month, after a possibly chilly start though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

9.5 please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

7.4C

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

11.5C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

I certainly do not think another 2007 is likely but I can see a couple of warmish spells in the southern half and no really cold prolonged spells....so I am inclined towards 9.2C, typical for this century thus far :)

Posted

My guess 8.3 degrees slightly above average. I think it will be a topsy turvy April with some warm weather interspersed with some really quite cold conditions - azores high will be the main player ridging north and east then retreating south and west in the face of the atlantic but with heights staying quite high to the north when the atlantic does kick in it will after temproarily bringing mild south westerlies quickly pull in colder polar air - this theme is being set right now with a cold weekend ahead but then a rapid warming and drier spell next week.

April is notoriously fickle and I think the most difficult month to predict CET wise and always the most fascinating month of the year for change in the weather and extremes, it keeps you guessing right through to the end as sudden warm ups or cool downs can easily occur at anytime - this year I can see the CET yoyoing around alot in typical April fashion.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

9c normal warm service resumed until summer comes then back to below normal. :good:

Posted

OK, my punt for this month is a bang on average

8.1C

I feel that after the mild March, things will balance themselves out a little.

Posted
After an unusually mild March, temperatures returning back to normal, 8.0c.

I'd hardly call March unusually mild, just 0.6C above average to the 25th and a downward correction to come in the last 6 days. Only 2001, 2006 and 2008 are likely to have been colder Marches since 1996.

One thing that does seem to stand out is the fact that is becoming increasingly rare to get a significantly below average April. The last was in 1989 (6.6°C).

Edited by Nick H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
I'd hardly call March unusually mild, just 0.6C above average to the 25th and a downward correction to come in the last 6 days. Only 2001, 2006 and 2008 are likely to have been colder Marches since 1996.

One thing that does seem to stand out is the fact that is becoming increasingly rare to get a significantly below average April. The last was in 1989 (6.6°C).

Saved only by the near normal mins. Day time temps here about 1.5C above normal.

Posted

Average highs in London range from 13 at the beggining of the month to 17 towards the end, I'd expect most of the temps to be in this range, but I think later on in the month we might get a warm spell, and next week there is a chance of the first 70 of the year.

Edited by robthefool

Posted
Average highs in London range from 13 at the beggining of the month to 17 towards the end, I'd expect most of the temps to be in this range, but I think later on in the month we might get a warm spell, and next week there is a chance of the first 70 of the year.

The average maximum temperature in Greenwich is 13.3C for April, so it is probably more like 11-12C at the start of the month and 15C at the end.

It looks like a short cold snap before high pressure moves eastwards across the UK eventually ending up to our east. I still dont think temperatures will be as high as the GFS is showing in many areas, as the high looks like it probably could be a cloudy one. Nevertheless, a mild end to the month and beginning to April, possibly warm in any sunshine.

Posted

Yesterday suprisingly also came in very mild at 9.3C.

Hadley still has us at 7.1C to the 26th (7.14C to be exact). This will take a knock today and tomorrow, but I can see us finishing very close to 7C before adjustment.

Posted
Yesterday suprisingly also came in very mild at 9.3C.

Hadley still has us at 7.1C to the 26th (7.14C to be exact). This will take a knock today and tomorrow, but I can see us finishing very close to 7C before adjustment.

Could a mod move this to the March CET thread please, I thought I was in there when I posted it! :lol:

Posted
The average maximum temperature in Greenwich is 13.3C for April, so it is probably more like 11-12C at the start of the month and 15C at the end.

It looks like a short cold snap before high pressure moves eastwards across the UK eventually ending up to our east. I still dont think temperatures will be as high as the GFS is showing in many areas, as the high looks like it probably could be a cloudy one. Nevertheless, a mild end to the month and beginning to April, possibly warm in any sunshine.

Since the London Weather Centre moved to Clerkenwell in 1992 the average April max and min have been 14.6°C and 7.3°C respectively. The averages for Apr 1-15 are 13.5°C and 6.3°C, and for Apr 16-30 they are 15.6°C and 8.3°C.

Totally off-topic but some may be interested to know that the warmest day of the year is Aug 6 - this date has both the highest mean maximum and highest mean minimum for Clerkenwell.

Edited by Nick H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

8.4c for me

Posted
Since the London Weather Centre moved to Clerkenwell in 1992 the average April max and min have been 14.6°C and 7.3°C respectively. The averages for Apr 1-15 are 13.5°C and 6.3°C, and for Apr 16-30 they are 15.6°C and 8.3°C.

Totally off-topic but some may be interested to know that the warmest day of the year is Aug 6 - this date has both the highest mean maximum and highest mean minimum for Clerkenwell.

So I was right :lol: anyway back on topic, the upcoming mild/warm spell could last longer down here in the south east than the rest of the UK, but minimum temperatures are likely to be relatively low, so the CET will probably be around average for the first 10 days or so.