Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted

MANU_20090610_0500.png

The info label just over Wales/Gloucs reads 'Cloudiness formed in an upper level trough'

Posted
Judging by the radar that's our lot for the day here - unless there are some towers forming behind these drab overcast skies??

Downpours really beefing up to our W and N - huge intensification of a cell up Liverpool way :p

That stuff to the south is moving in too fast for my liking,dont think we have enough time :)

Posted

Loooks like the last shower of the day here is moving through, behind it is a clear slot with the frontal system moving into the channel. Some fairly strong cells in the central part of southern England and the Midlands as well.

Front is further west then the models have expected so far and is expected to move E/ENE, may well get more of SE then was expected by the models earlier on, but will have to wait and see.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
There looks to be some hefty cells: one approximately over Bridgewater or a little eastward and a much heavier one with rain rates >30mm/hr around the Somerton area without much of a gap between the two of them. Hopefully these will merge before moving northwards towards Bristol and on.

I'm hoping for that to happen as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Heavy downpour of big thundery raindrops and a few hailstones here.

Posted

Looks like whatever was providing the brief thunder in Northampton has died, judging by the lightning detector. :p

Typical.

Northampton: storms come here to die! :)

-PBS-

Those cells don't look to be moving North at all and again looks like I could miss out all together. I'll give it an hour and if the cell are not closer to me then I'll just give up.

Looks like the day's over for me. might aswell just face the fact that the cell have no intention of moving North. Hope I'm wrong but somehow I doubt it.

:p Anyone would think it's just you missing out. That's the nature of these showers, hit and miss :) Some are inevitably going to be disappointed.

Here in Scarborough we are enjoying a dry bright day, and no showers as of yet. I would expect any showers to my SW to have died out before they get anywhere near here, meaning another dry day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sky turning more threatening to my NE - much brighter to the S sadly with holes of blue sky above.

Edited by Harry

Posted
Looks like whatever was providing the brief thunder in Northampton has died, judging by the lightning detector. :p

Typical.

Northampton: storms come here to die! :)

-PBS-

Looks like it. The rain has arrived now but not much else is happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Those cells don't look to be moving North at all and again looks like I could miss out all together. I'll give it an hour and if the cell are not closer to me then I'll just give up.

Looks like the day's over for me. might aswell just face the fact that the cell have no intention of moving North. Hope I'm wrong but somehow I doubt it.

...Winner of the 'oddest post of the day' award!.....What are you on about mate??....what radar are you using?...All those lovely cells over gloucestershire/Worcestershire/South Warwickshire are heading slowly NNE just as predicted....running into some nice CAPE and lift, daytime heating is starting to take effect and will continue for several hours, and there's lots of sun to aid this.....Keep your chin up!! :p

latest grab fom the NW radar...

post-4149-1244636641_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Moderate rain here at the moment, nothing more

Yeah, but considering that SE Wales, parts of the SW and West Midlands were most at risk from Thundery showers/Storms is it any wonder why I'm feeling dissapointed.

Read ajpoolshark's post. You are still in the hunt, as it were. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
You think that's an odd post? hmm ok. Well I hope your right aj and those cells do progress Northward.

I hasten to add, not odd as in 'derogatory' odd, rather 'odd' as in , holy smoke, there's lots of things happening not too far from us, with every chance of affecting us later on this afternoon, so dont get disheartened too quickly :p

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Sun out here now - I can see what looks like an atom bomb going off to the SE - wholesome rising grey cumulus! Can anyone else verify that way? Moving away from me anyway but promising as convective potential still seems present, especially now the sun is out and warming up!

Whatever has passed to my East now moving past NE London is going very dark indeed!

Posted
Sun out here now - I can see what looks like an atom bomb going off to the SE - wholesome rising grey cumulus! Can anyone else verify that way? Moving away from me anyway but promising as convective potential still seems present, especially now the sun is out and warming up!

Whatever has passed to my East now moving past NE London is going very dark indeed!

Im too far SE Harry to see,convection seems to have ceased here,its bright but a lot of high cloud

Posted
i really hope i dont miss out! i wont miss out will i guys?

If I miss out AGAIN, you should. If I get something then I wish all success.

Bitter - but that's how it is :rolleyes:

Some very dark looking Cu bases moving my way, attached to some what seems like very rapidly building towers! Hard to tell as I have some of the most disadvantaged window views in London!

EDIT - Hardly surprising that as that poxy cell slides over and along to my East, I notice it go very dark there, and now red returns appear on radar! grr!

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Reports of hail in carmarthenshire

Posted
If I miss out AGAIN, you should. If I get something then I wish all success. Bitter - but that's how it is :rolleyes: Some very dark looking Cu bases moving my way, attached to some what seems like very rapidly building towers! Hard to tell as I have some of the most disadvantaged window views in London! EDIT - Hardly surprising that as that poxy cell slides over and along to my East, I notice it go very dark there, and now red returns appear on radar! grr!
cloud base quite high and moving North, quite a lot of blue sky about here in C London, seems tomorrow may be a better day according to latest forecast on BBC

post-2025-1244638215_thumb.jpg

Posted

Just reviewed the GFS and its not hinting at any plume style events now for the rest of June!

Roll on 2000 and bloody 10!

Edited by Harry