Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

Massive fork lightning ran right acorss the clouds !!!!

Posted

High quality storm just passed through with a slow rotating base, 22mm of rain and small hail in 30 mins reports of 66 mm rain in 40 mins in Mappewell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Rumbles of thunder in Tunbridge Wells and dark clouds approaching...

Posted

TS sferics E Grinstead, south of Dartford, Taunton, Somerset as well as cells Leeds, Sheffield, Leics, Bucks and border areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It's a bit disconcerting ( from my point of view ) that a line of severe storms/downpours seems to have developed in an arc from the north east of Manchester, south towards Sheffield and to the east of Nottingham, and is currently trundling very slowly eastward.

I'd rather see this sort of development to my south west as it usually means we end up with scattered, lighter showers or nothing at all.

All hope is not lost however as there's quite a few showers developing over mid-Wales and these may do something as the afternoon progresses.

Posted

I'm in NE Birmingham today, had a sharpe shower just before midday and to be honest thought that would be that but the skies still look very menacing around here, after the shower passed it left behind a biblical plague of greenfly, they're everywhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
It's a bit disconcerting ( from my point of view ) that a line of severe storms/downpours seems to have developed in an arc from the north east of Manchester, south towards Sheffield and to the east of Nottingham, and is currently trundling very slowly eastward.

I'd rather see this sort of development to my south west as it usually means we end up with scattered, lighter showers or nothing at all.

All hope is not lost however as there's quite a few showers developing over mid-Wales and these may do something as the afternoon progresses.

There will probably be more later, You can already see on the rainfall radars stuff building far west.

Cornwall is slowly vanishing also.

Posted

Must be the South Downs sparking those Showers, Just had some Heavy droplets of rain in Central London as well.

Paul S

Posted

Just heard the first rumble and t is really dark north of us, over Thames and S Essex. Dark clouds extending wet as well.

Second long rumble as I type.

Posted

Yea can hear it now,should get you too MW :(

Edited by TN9

Posted

From above York Station i can see dark skies approaching from the S and SW, albeit very very slowly. ATM it just looks a bit darker, but as it's approaching I'm fancying it'll contain some sort of action. 30mins til it hits us though I reckon.

Posted

Remember that the peak of the activity is forecast for between 15 and 18Z...

The cell to the north of Oxford (Silverstone) is delivering some serious rainfall rates at the mo...

Lovely thunderstorm here earlier. Very impressive cloud structure, and several loud rumbles of thunder and flashes of lightning. It has now cleared and heading NE :(

A great start to this afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
OMG this is unfair :) if only the winds were NW rather than SW
Guess I'm lucky I'm at work then, every time I'm at home I tend to miss out on the thunderstorms! Why does Maidstone get avoided so much?! :(

Posted

Were still another 2 hours away from maximum daytime heating and with the avaliable moisture and surface heating that we've had all day here in the Pennines I think anything that does kick off within the next 4 hours will be quite explosive in nature and could lead to some problems locally. It all depends on how much orographic lift and CAPE there still is left, but im pretty optimistic.

Posted
I guess it's all eyes to the West as there are alot of cells firing up now in Wales which if they move east over the Midlands, with the CAPE values and convergence forecast for this afternoon and evening, should intensify greatly! Though I'll have more faith when I actually see the storm coming towards me!

Yeah thats the area to watch imo for us in/near birmingham.. to me east anglia is the place to be in the next few hours thougg for storm modes...

Posted

post-6069-1245068388_thumb.jpg

This is the northern edge of the sheffield storm, constant drones of thunder from it now. Picture taken 5 mins ago.