Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton

are the showers/storms getting east much quicker than expected

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Yup certain flooding in North Sheffield- confirmed by my cousin by text who lives in Hillsborough.

Posted
I don't like this westerly breeze that has developed here in the last hour. It is pushing everything away.

Karyo

I never like a westerly wind in thundery setups,unless it`s already very warm and humid,today isn`t either.

It was coming from the south earlier,now light west.

Quite a few TCU from the start of the morning east/SE all heading NE of course,did see 4 distant showers develop one to the NW,east and south,the attention is to the SW a couple of troughs are coming should boost things up,This quite wide CB has been for quite a while,but it`s weakened right off top looks thin,just a nice TCU close by otherwise.

Posted
Dave (Eyein the sky) Watch out you have a Monster coming near to your location Mate!!

Paul S

Just following this on the radar and I would love this storm to hit. However I have a feeling this will track around 30miles N of Peterborough so Grantham look likely to be hit.

Still plenty more to look forward to later on. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Do you think the West Midlands could see a thunderstorm today? because atm, a lethal cell is heading for Lincolnshire and all cells behind it have intensified over the East.

Hedging my bets I'd say more than likely, but not for a while....I've been looking at the latest radar overlays, most of the energy available for central areas of the UK seems to be over the east midlands (hence the current crop of storms) and also mid wales....Here in the west midlands, it looks a bit quiet at the mo, not a lot of energy or lift..I'm thinking the energy over mid wales will slide westwards through the afternoon for the surface heating to tap into :rolleyes:

Posted

Just heard thunder, clouds are building to my west/South, perhaps a repeat of the tornado Leeds had a few years back

Posted

After the sun has come out, there is a surprising amount of convection going on in this neck of the woods! It's like in Florida where if you look at the cloud long enough you can actually see them growing! Getting dark to my ESE :D

Posted
Just following this on the radar and I would love this storm to hit. However I have a feeling this will track around 30miles N of Peterborough so Grantham look likely to be hit.

Still plenty more to look forward to later on. :)

Lol I should learn where Peterborough is respectively to Leicester :D In which case the other Storm SE Of Oxford could have your name on it!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

Still plenty more to look forward to later on. :D

Looks to have pepped up over Corby now headed more NE to Stamford?

Seemed to remember a poster from Corby? ages ago??

Posted

Its looking black over bills mothers.

post-1669-1245065688_thumb.jpg

This is how the Sheffield storm looks from the SE side

Posted

Heaviest shower (atm) in the UK in head on collison with Leeds :Dpost-8968-1245065672_thumb.jpg

Watch the Live webcam in Leeds center http://160.9.161.231/view/index.shtml (clouds are building behind the webcam)

Posted

Erm, your mentioning of storms being active later in the evening 5pm onwards? BBC say the showers/storms will die down evening time, or will be near enough out to sea, yet I have a 71% chance of thunderstorms at 19:00pm onwards?!

Where are these storms most actually most likely gonna be this evening then, from your point of views? Buckinghamshire area? :D lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Reports of a funnel cloud, Lancashire courtesy of Daniel Robinson on UKww

Anywhere in particular?

Posted
Reports of a funnel cloud, Lancashire courtesy of Daniel Robinson on UKww

Wow, that must be near me!

Thanks Snowyowl keep us posted to what happens in your area.

Karyo

Posted
Anywhere in particular?

Writhington near Wigan apparently

Posted
Erm, your mentioning of storms being active later in the evening 5pm onwards? BBC say the showers/storms will die down evening time, or will be near enough out to sea, yet I have a 71% chance of thunderstorms at 19:00pm onwards?!

Where are these storms most actually most likely gonna be this evening then, from your point of views? Buckinghamshire area? :D lol

The meto warnings are going out to 9pm and 11pm

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Convection here is going nuts, the sky is full of Tcu and Cu-congestus, you can watch them growing before your eyes. Some are amazing look like mushroom clouds from a nuclear explosion, this white towers with billowing colliflower heads on top. Fingers crossed it's gonna go bang soon, keeping my eyes on radar, anything thats normally around oxford makes a b-line towards here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Wow, that must be near me!

Thanks Snowyowl keep us posted to what happens in your area.

Karyo

Near me too!

Keep us posted!

Posted
Convection here is going nuts, the sky is full of Tcu and Cu-congestus, you can watch them growing before your eyes. Some are amazing look like mushroom clouds from a nuclear explosion, this white towers with billowing colliflower heads on top. Fingers crossed it's gonna go bang soon, keeping my eyes on radar, anything thats normally around oxford makes a b-line towards here :)

Yeah, you just have a shower developing to the NE of mk, im south of you and the sky looks pretty dull now :D

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Skies have cleared round here, can see some distant convection, but it currently doesnt feel like or look like we will get storms.