Hot?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well the showers over Wales looking like they'll fizzling out now. Looks like this lunchtimes storm will be it short but impressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
As Andy has said, the storm in Leicester (I'm LE3) was pretty intense. Some really eye-catching stuff. Here's hoping for more later today.

t's not over yet mate, still rumbling around me and by the looks of the radar this heavy rain/storm will be over us for another 30-60 minutes because it is slow moving!

Posted
OK just got in from work. Dark cloud coming in from the west - looks like a storm. But got a photo of this beastie to the NNE - must be east of Liverpool as the aircraft taking off from LJL Airport are flying away from the storm pretty quickly.

Beautiful cloud! I should get something from northeast Wales so keep posting mate! :doh:

Karyo

Posted
But...................... :doh: You can get Mid Level Funnels on the leading edges of Gust Fronts sometimes called Eddy Funnels so all is not lost

Paul S

Just added a bit more to my post up there.. ^^^^

Does that give any more info Paul? Just curious as to what it was.. :(

Posted

Impressive convection building to my south-west and rumbles of thunder heard on and off for the last 40 minutes or so.

Will it head this way? That is the question. At the moment its over the pennines.

Posted
Well the showers over Wales looking like they'll fizzling out now. Looks like this lunchtimes storm will be it short but impressive.

well there we have it no more storms today boys and girls you heard it from the horses mouth .... oh well !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing at all happening here. On the furthest reaches of the south eastern horizon I can see the dark mass of cloud associated with the storm near Leicester but that's about as good as it gets.

A moderate shower passing just to the north west of me but nothing downwind as far as the eye ( or the radar ) can see.

Posted
well there we have it no more storms today boys and girls you heard it from the horses mouth .... oh well !

Unless the sun gets the temps up that is.

Posted

Wait till them showers hit the red line on the map i made below;

post-2644-1245072657_thumb.png

Posted
cloud is clearing, another CB visible over NW Kent again

This one seems to have a bit more oooomph,and if it follows the Medway up to you .....Bingo

Posted

On the edge of a heavy shower here. Its been on and off with torrential downpours since 9am, but i haven't heard any thunder and lightning. Not much coming from the storms over Scotland really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Phenomenal rainstorm in Exeter with occasional thunder/lightning- everywhere is flooded!

Posted

thunder storms are to the west of me, looks unbeleivable on the StikeStar thingy lol. Can see them not far away too looks very dark over to the west.

really hopeing for something, the north east is actually pathetic for storms :doh:

post-8771-1245072860_thumb.png

Posted
Unless the sun gets the temps up that is.

Looking South West from me over towrds Sheffield can see blue sky and towering Cu you never know .. be optimistic dont spoil it all for us !!!

I'd rather keep watching the skies and the NetW radar, rather than declaring there won't be anything else, especially at 14:34pm :(:(

Unless PIT is deliberately trying to entice more storms using reverse psych :doh::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Erm what red line mate ^^

Edited by Kane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I agree with that! I think these storms will continue and some showers will probably pep up once they hit the Midlands/East Wales. I reckon these thundery showers coming from Wales will continue to push slowly Eastwards during this afternoon and then start dying away around 6pm. Still a good 3 hours before they should start dying away though.

Posted
thunder storms are to the west of me, looks unbeleivable on the StikeStar thingy lol. Can see them not far away too looks very dark over to the west.

really hopeing for something, the north east is actually pathetic for storms :doh:

Some impressive ones over the Durham pennines at the moment it seems. They are very slow moving though, and chances are that by the time one cluster makes it as far east as Durham City - it will be considerably less intense.

Some very impressive local rainfall totals are going to be expected in parts.

Posted
Thunder, lightning, very very frightening, observed and heard in Erith.

:(

Damn, I want to be back home in Bexleyheath and not stuck in London :doh:

Posted
Looking South West from me over towrds Sheffield can see blue sky and towering Cu you never know .. be optimistic dont spoil it all for us !!!

Why should it spoil it for anyone else. If you're to the south of us or to the north you got some beauties.

The good news is the temps are now beginning too zoom up.

Posted
I'd rather keep watching the skies and the NetW radar, rather than declaring there won't be anything else, especially at 14:34pm :(:(

Unless PIT is deliberately trying to entice more storms using reverse psych :doh::D

You have a point there Shelby could be right, clouds from the storms earlier looking impressive as the push towards York and beyond .

Edited by Delta76