Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

Seems to be a load of small cells popping up around here.

Saw a couple of very distant flashes from a distant cell no the NNE through a gap in lower cloud when ive been looking.

Lets hope they build further!

Posted
Latest Radar really shows well the trouble the MCS Has of moving North once it gets above 50N, As soon as it hits the Upper Strong Steering flow is sending it quite abruptly West North West, Landfall at the moment seems to be near to Bournemouth or even Eastern Devon, should just skim the South of the IOW, Plenty of Storms firing along the Front in a line and heading WNW As well. Going to be quite a noisy old night in W Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Avon, Devon and onto South Wales.

Pictures tomorrow Guys! No excuses :(

i like how you highlight bournemouth!!! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very noisy bangy flashy storm here now, looks an active night ahead.

Posted

I think the Cell from france is arriving, I am starting to hear distant rumbles, and have seen one lightning strike out to sea

Its looking good for me :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I wouldn't bet any money yet, especially after what happened on 25 May! I'd assume make the most of what you have tonight guys! :rofl:

True, it does look quite good...at the moment though. As ever its a game of wait and see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
Bit of a worry to me.....I really hope it keeps some sferics and gives us a breakfast show , otherwise tomorrow could end up being a mixture of light showers and little surface heating because of the mid-level crud remnants of the MCS

Yup thats what I was thinking.

They always send there rubbish up here, unthoughtful southerners lol

Kain

Posted

Does anyone onestly believe bristol is gunna get a good storm otherwise im thinking of going to bed midnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just had Spider lightning!!!! Amazing sight!

Latest Radar really shows well the trouble the MCS Has of moving North once it gets above 50N, As soon as it hits the Upper Strong Steering flow is sending it quite abruptly West North West, Landfall at the moment seems to be near to Bournemouth or even Eastern Devon, should just skim the South of the IOW, Plenty of Storms firing along the Front in a line and heading WNW As well. Going to be quite a noisy old night in W Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Avon, Devon and onto South Wales.

Pictures tomorrow Guys! No excuses :rofl:

Thanks Paul

Any chance of some sort of time frame, or have you stuck your neck out enough already :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I have an annoying feeling that these storms might end up staying SW of a line from Bognor Regis to Aberystwyth, and skim past us by about 25 miles... but I hope I will be wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Does anyone onestly believe bristol is gunna get a good storm otherwise im thinking of going to bed midnight.

Im surprised you didnt just get a whoppa of a storm. A huge one just passed over Yatton and that area with torrential rain and quite frequent thunder and lightning which suddenly has just ceased. Quite exciting really seeing as the best is supposedly to come.

Posted

Well Clevedon has had some good spells so far and that's 20 miles rom Bristol.

Posted

Pictures tomorrow Guys! No excuses :rofl:

So close but so far :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Just had some amazing fork lightning and deafening thunder directly overhead, some torrential rain aswell. :rofl::(

off topic, but just hearing that michal jackson has just died. what a tragic end to a bizarre life

crikey, what a way to find out, in a convective discussion...

Anyway

Just had Spider lightning!!!! Amazing sight!

Unplug and plugs, and start papping the skies!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks like heavy showers are sprouting up over the sea between north-west France and south-west England, which is pretty unusual! I guess it must be due to the upper-air instability overcoming the "stabilising" effects of the sea, which would also be consistent with the large altocumulus castellatus clouds over the sea.

The main action is to the east of the Exeter area at the moment but it does look as if this area stands a significant chance of getting some thunderstorms overnight, as they wouldn't have to develop much further west.

Posted

well I dont see any lack of intensity with the storms now in the channel.......which is only better for us later as the sun comes up we might get a more widespread event......I am going for around dawn for my area....

new strikes appearing west in the channel far from the main mama Bertha

it might be best to start a seperate thread for M.J :rofl:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy
Shock news about MJ- the wife really likes him!

You beat me to it! I've been on this for a few - trying to get confirmation..

Hope you're all enjoying your storms. Excited bout tomorrow - got the day off!

Posted

Can we keep the Michael Jackson messages in another thread please, I am sure there will be one in the Cafe or Serious Discussion page

Paul S

Posted

those who have been blessed with the Netradar run the loop from 22.00 and see the cells growing across Devon and Somerset on zoom........... :good: