Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

The second thunderstorm of the day arrived at about 9pm, several flashes of forked lightning, very loud thunder and some heavy rain accompanied it. Not a breath of wind out there, and still very humid.

Posted

As dogs quite rightly shows the MCS IS Moving North Westwards and towards the IOW And then into C Southern England and up into the Same areas as this evenings storms. It looks like they are moving North East but if you look closely the Individual Storms in the Multi Cell Cluster are quite easily moving North Westwards on radar.

I think some people though are going to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow around the London, SE & Midlands areas as there could be some very good Cape levels to be had and some pretty Severe Storms for these areas. Hope the Models stay firm but this should be our turn tomorrow.

Paul S

Posted
Fantastic thunder and lightning here now - both east and west!

LOL and there you were wondering earlier this evening, meanwhile nothing here in West Wiltshire except hearing some distant thunder just around 20.00!

Am gonna go upstairs now it's dark in the hope of seeing lightning to the NW as the edge of the storm system is visible.

Hopes are pinned on the MCS exiting France for an early awakening tomorrow!

Posted

Think i'll stay up just to put myself through some pain, it will be a novelty to watch the storms from france hit the channel and veer west rather than east, heading up the dover straights like they normally do, end result still the same in Surrey though, Diddly squat(wasnt expecting owt tonight though so cant complain).

Good luck to all in the SW

Posted

Anyone in IoW able to see any lightning? It's getting closer.... I'm hoping for possibly a storm this time tomorrow!

Posted

Woah, is it me or is it kicking off again widespread in the SW on the NW Radar?

Posted

Evening all :)

Im guessing Im going to be I'm right in the storms path?

Should I look forward to a good light show :) ?

Posted
LOL and there you were wondering earlier this evening, meanwhile nothing here in West Wiltshire except hearing some distant thunder just around 20.00!

Am gonna go upstairs now it's dark in the hope of seeing lightning to the NW as the edge of the storm system is visible.

Hopes are pinned on the MCS exiting France for an early awakening tomorrow!

paul

is the mcs going to hit cardiff or not as I cant handle any more storms :)

Posted
As dogs quite rightly shows the MCS IS Moving North Westwards and towards the IOW And then into C Southern England and up into the Same areas as this evenings storms. It looks like they are moving North East but if you look closely the Individual Storms in the Multi Cell Cluster are quite easily moving North Westwards on radar.

I think some people though are going to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow around the London, SE & Midlands areas as there could be some very good Cape levels to be had and some pretty Severe Storms for these areas. Hope the Models stay firm but this should be our turn tomorrow.

Paul S

thanks paul dont like missing out for too long :)

Posted

Paul S

I hope so too Paul, some heavy rain might help me during my 5 mile run for Charity tomorrow afternoon........

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Mum and Dad are at Newgale Pembrokeshire and have a fantastic lightning display ongoing. Dad is filming it :)

Posted

Paul S

with added cape levels this could be one of the best storms this year.maybe in some places a few :)

Posted
Anyone in IoW able to see any lightning? It's getting closer.... I'm hoping for possibly a storm this time tomorrow!

No Lightning seen yet, but very dark out there.. very calm in a errie sort of way...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Just got home from work down in worcester....thought I'd check the storm thread for 2 -3 pages of posts....GOOD GOD! 28 PAGES??....lol......and, a question for the admin....I've just checked the NW radar and thus must ask the question...'Who's let Paul loose with the red marker pen again?'...All i see down in the SW and France are dirty great splodges of red lightning strikes.... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Woah, is it me or is it kicking off again widespread in the SW on the NW Radar?

Just heard some more thunder. :)

Posted

Can see flashes from the storm to my west, decreasing in frequency now. Just tiny flashes in the distance though. The second storm of the day but they were just the most distant rumbles so it doesn't really count, wouldn't have even noticed from inside.

Posted
lovely job well done.....

Bekka no sleep for you later :) ....if it doesnt die

Oh it will LOL. It's coming to me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Paul S

Paul its always your turn!!

Lol, Send em to be instead :)

Posted
with added cape levels this could be one of the best storms this year.maybe in some places a few :)

I so can't wait!I think I only had 1 storm last year!! Weeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeee heeee he heeeeeeeeee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
No Lightning seen yet, but very dark out there.. very calm in a errie sort of way...

Mad Murdoch?....lol....I've only just twigged that its you...was wondering who this 'Mad Murdoch' was that suddenly appeared on my 'friends' list ....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Pylon has just been struck in front of my house.