IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
what part of weston u in steve im up on worlebury hill

I am in Worle,

Posted
would anyone agree the other furious storm North France is heading North East towards Kent direction

edit I take that back.........no its heading towards IOW

i hope so im getting impatient lol

well i wont get hopes upbut its taking forever

Posted

Thats going to be the only problem with these slow imports tonight, after heating drops off and sferics die the storm systems effectively just become a blanket of cloud that will ruin any chances of significant action tomorrow for parts that would have otherwise seen something. Im not overally optimistic for the chances tomorrow anywhere across the UK unless the Sun gets to work burning off the cloud quickly.

Posted
would anyone agree the other furious storm North France is heading North East towards Kent direction

edit I take that back.........no its heading towards IOW

Its heading due north slowly but should track w later on

Posted

Bizarre, I thought I just heard thunder from my west, but there is nothing on radar.

Edited by dave48

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
dont think we'll see anymore tonight

I think that's it on the shower front. hopefully we will get more action later.

Posted

Wow, just been watching the lightning to our North and North-West. I finally got my first lightning photo too! :mellow:

Posted

Wow - just seen this. Ive been working hard all day and seen the radar. Looks great. Could any one save me some time and give me their thoughts as to whether will be heading Herefords way before it dies out ????

Posted
Wow, just been watching the lightning to our North and North-West. I finally got my first lightning photo too! :mellow:

post it up then

What's that coming over the hill top

Its a Monster :lol:

and its heading North

untitled-2-1.jpg

lol looks great

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Thats going to be the only problem with these slow imports tonight, after heating drops off and sferics die the storm systems effectively just become a blanket of cloud that will ruin any chances of significant action tomorrow for parts that would have otherwise seen something. Im not overally optimistic for the chances tomorrow anywhere across the UK unless the Sun gets to work burning off the cloud quickly.

With the Sun at its Maximum strength now i dont think there will be much in the way of problem of cloud stopping storm development.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very strange weather, a storm just about to hit the southern coast of wales again, but its died out here now, i could hear frequent thunder 20 minutes ago, now thunder every 2-3minutes. Anyone in cardiff?? Whats it like there?

Posted

NW detection back up to 17 per min now...

Nothing here now it's dead compared to early. Waiting for another storm to hopefully hit me very soon

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Very strange weather, a storm just about to hit the southern coast of wales again, but its died out here now, i could hear frequent thunder 20 minutes ago, now thunder every 2-3minutes. Anyone in cardiff?? Whats it like there?

Looks like a better and bigger area just approaching you now. Some lively ones over Pembrokeshire too.

Posted

absolutely hammering it down with very bright lightening and loud thunder!

Posted
post it up the

I think it's going to be one of those nights when uploads will have to wait for gaps in the weather! Hearing more sferics.. going to step out again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

After that superb lightning strike and crash of thunder, it's rained a little, the temperature has dropped a bit and the skies are clearing from the east again. I really do hope something concrete comes along in the near future.

Posted

big thunderstorm here in cardiff atm

forked lightning loud thunder,

was in penarth sea cadet unit tonight at a meeting and i left early as I was scared :lol: :lol:

when i was there the power flickered a bit

hope it goes soon

what about your end mate

cheers