Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Some wicked convection to the SE.

duisfhaidsufgha;sidfha;oihfAS yeah baby! bring it on

Posted

Hmm.. looks like I'll be having to make up my mind whether to stay up into the wee hours for the first time in ages.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

wwooohhoooo...

Lots of thunder in the distance here in Sherborne, Dorset....we are about 10 miles south of Wincanton!

Hubby says there are a few lightning strikes out there too now....I have my candles lit at the ready!

Anyone know how Glastonbury is? My 18 year old neice is there, and she hates storms!

Also, are we in for this alot more overnight...fingers crossed!

C x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Their is a cell just passing to the South of me, looks to be between Bridgewater and Weston, might catch the edge of it again, unless it grows and spread out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
WHAT?

Did you not read the quote above my comment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
IS BRISTOL STILL AT RISK OF ANY DECENT THUNDERSTORMS FROM NOW UNTILL END OF TOMOROW.

Oh absolutely, looks like some fireworks to come over the nex 24 hours. Thunder is becoming apparent now to the south again from very dark skies. Just need them to push a little further north.

Posted
Excellent stuff, the anvil is stretching this far too!... Going to be a stunning sunset regardless of whether storms affect a wider area.

More clouds bubbling over Salisbury Plain and a newer cell somewhere over South Wilts but a little further North than the earlier few.

Interestingly the humidity is only 48% but the temperature is still 25.2c and without a breath of wind it's very 'close'.

Yo! Due to all the excitement on here I went up the Horse about an hour ago and took shots of that big tower with the (eventual!) anvil. It's a lot of pix. Just about to have a look at them and see what I got. When I get on top of the Horse, I get completely confused as to direction so don't know where I was looking. It was a good cloud though, nice development.

Edited by Steve_De4

Posted

I was thinking of staying up tonight but is it worth it i mean i don't want to stay up and nothing happens but rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Finally, a fellow Midlander, was getting lonely. :lol:

Lol dont know where everyone else is!

We will just enjoy the storm ourselves as we are the only Midlanders bothered to follow this. :lol:

Posted
Some wicked convection to the SE.

duisfhaidsufgha;sidfha;oihfAS yeah baby! bring it on

timelapse on tjhat cell.....they are still trying to break the CAP here....turkey towers

Posted

overhead now, very heavy rain out to get more lightining photos in min, veery dark now, temp still 23 im sending this storm fromeys way

Posted
Yo! Due to all the excitement on here I went up the Horse about an hour ago and took shots of that big tower with the (eventual!) anvil. It's a lot of pix. Just about to have a look at them and see what I got. When I get on top of the Horse, I get completely confused as to direction so don't know where I was looking. It was a good cloud though, nice development.

GET THE PICS UP DAMN YOU! :lol:

ALSO I'M JOINING IN WITH THE SHOUTING!!!1!!1!1!111!

Posted
GET THE PICS UP DAMN YOU! :lol:

ALSO I'M JOINING IN WITH THE SHOUTING!!!1!!1!1!111!

Sorry, I shoot RAW, will take some editing :lol:

Posted

omg omg a huge flash overhead and the thunder hurt my hears, was not expecting that!!!

Posted
I was thinking of staying up tonight but is it worth it i mean i don't want to stay up and nothing happens but rain.

I am going to be very patient with this reply : please read the whole thread & the weather warnings & Net Weather forecasts.

Right now there is a trough developing thunderstorms over Somerset/Wiltshire/Devon. The trough will edge further Noirth through the evening - taking development with it.

Then a warm front will head North overnight bringing thundery rain/storms over a wide area!

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

Tracking 7 thunderstorms

Cell ID R-4869 detected at 17:20 from 49.4° at a distance of 39 miles. Storm is weak and undetermined.

Cell ID G-5860 detected at 17:37 from 208.6° at a distance of 19 miles. Storm is weak and intensifying.

Cell ID Y-4788 detected at 17:19 from 182.4° at a distance of 21 miles. Storm is weak and intensifying.

Cell ID G-5257 detected at 17:27 from 16.9° at a distance of 33 miles. Storm is weak and intensifying.

Cell ID U-5893 detected at 17:37 from 3.5° at a distance of 37 miles. Storm is weak and intensifying.

Cell ID T-4163 detected at 17:09 from 222.4° at a distance of 18 miles. Storm is weak and intensifying.

Cell ID G-4733 detected at 19:05 from 32.6° at a distance of 34 miles. Storm is weak and undetermined

Hopefully one of these will come my way, they will probably take a left just before they get here. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

rain from the cell to the South of me, just on the edge of it.

Posted

We will just enjoy the storm ourselves as we are the only Midlanders bothered to follow this. :lol:

Here's another. :lol:

Posted

Not the only ones guys... I'm watching with interest from Shropshire... but then again I'm setting off for Cardiff in the next few hours and planning to take a more easterly route through Worcs/Glos. Lets hope things start kicking off further North and into South Wales. Can anyone predict what time this front should move over the Cardiff area as I'll want to set an alarm, can't open hotel windows and knowing me I'll sleep right through it.

Posted
:lol: Some peoples comments are here are ridiculous, like they don't know really what's going on. Oh dear. We need more people on here to explain what is forecast for the next 36hrs because some people in the risk area are completely oblivious to the fact that in a short while the heavens will open upon them.

im not stupid just thought we were ment to see storms this evening but not and im just worried about if it downgrades as it moves north. But this isn't the first time a thunderstorm outbreak has disapointed lots of people.