Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Nothing over Exeter- though the Cb cells were visible to the north for a time, they sprouted up just north and east of here (presumably Exeter was moderated to some extent by the English Channel). Some showers around the area earlier today. However there could be some stuff developing overnight and early tomorrow. I remember the 6th June when heavy convective storms developed seemingly from nothing and hit Exeter full-on, depositing 100mm in 12 hours.

Posted

It was in Bridgwater, right above my head! Scary stuff, the electric went out, the skies were black, it was like the world ended.

It had better not hit Pilton or that site will resemble armagedon! :mellow: I am heading down there tomorrow and my daughter is already on site, I have to say that I am quite worried. I was there in 2005 and that was the worst storm I had ever seen until tonights and I was indoors this time! ;)

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
Can see and hear that as well Kaz. Do you think it may be our turn to have a 'decent' storm?

Jay.

Hi ya well its looking good at the moment but this is just a wee bonus as i was expecting more in the early hours from the mass just departing france.. It will still depend on the track but i do think even without it over head, when its dark we should see a bit of lightning. ALL EYES back to the radar...

kaz x

ooo that was a loud one think its getting closer going very dark.

Edited by kaz

Posted

The forecast graphics for tonight on tv show the warm front moving North and developing a broad band of heavy rain which presumably will be thundery and have embedded thunderstorms. I think there's a chance that a lot of places will get several hours of very heavy rain but no lightning/thunder, very similar to what happened on the night of 6/7 June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I see there is a weather warning for somerset this evening again on meto website.

I just wish we could see a big thunderstorm! when i lived in south east we had at least one or two a year but every weather warning of thunderstorms here just mean around 10 flashes of lightning and a drop of heavy rain.

Is there a real threat of proper thunderstorms here tomoro or just a thundery band of rain? I was gutted to see that one on radar miss us we just got some light rain although im sure people at pilton festival will be pleased.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

this has just exploded upwards in the last 15 mins, amazingpost-8439-1245953170_thumb.jpgpost-8439-1245953185_thumb.jpg[attachment

=84341:100_2605.JPG]post-8439-1245953201_thumb.jpg

post-8439-1245953193_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
More storms developing now further east.

Yes i have just looked it is interesting but i think it will go slightly west it needs to develop abit further east yet.

I apolagise for my previous moan maybe should have posted in other thread.

Posted
hi i can hear loads of deep rumbles from this awesome cloud bring it on!

ive just posted some pics on this one as well it just exploded upwards

Posted

thunder every second here in wincanton, and the storm not here yet, going to be a good one i think!!!!!!!

Posted
ive just posted some pics on this one as well it just exploded upwards

hi fromey yes it did just explode, i was watching it and now getting closer going to take some more photos in a min

Posted
It was in Bridgwater, right above my head! Scary stuff, the electric went out, the skies were black, it was like the world ended.

It had better not hit Pilton or that site will resemble armagedon! :lol: I am heading down there tomorrow and my daughter is already on site, I have to say that I am quite worried. I was there in 2005 and that was the worst storm I had ever seen until tonights and I was indoors this time! :(

its ok down on site at the moment very heavy humid with slight rain...and i think you are right this could be a 2005 event..

Posted

i can here some faint but very deep rumbles coming from your next of the woods :( :lol:

Posted

Things kicking off to the east and we just lost power for about 2-3 seconds.

Posted
Good pictures fromey, that Cb has a very robust look to it, probably is or will become electrical.

its kicked of in wincanton i can here faint but very deep rumbles

Posted
hi i can hear loads of deep rumbles from this awesome cloud bring it on!

What a superb photograph. Absolutley stunning

Posted
More storms developing now further east.

Yes, put the NW radar on and view the new storms developing rapidly from 18.30 over South Wilts/SE Somerset!

The trough would seem to be situated there at the moment in a line running towards where the earlier storms have tracked.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

All eyes for us in the SW Quarter of the UK tomorrow-could be very interesting! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I love it when we get cloud pics along with the reports! Beautiful clouds, the sky there is not milky like here, so they are perfectly clear too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

More storms developing to the South East, they could be on a better line to hit my area. Shall have to wait and see how they develop.

Posted
its ok down on site at the moment very heavy humid with slight rain...and i think you are right this could be a 2005 event..

Fingers crossed it misses the site completely this time hey.

Have a fab festival! :lol:

The sky here is now blue and pink and looks lovely. So if the old saying red sky at night... is true then good stuff!

Sorry, I don't know any technical language and probably shouldn't be posting anything and let you professionals carry on with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Nice to see the forum filling up with storm lovers! Still nothing here but its getting very thundery looking, all we need now is a crack of thunder