Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
MY GOD WHAT A EXPLOSION DOWN SOUTH :mellow:

That explosion you can see is right next to me and coming straight for me omg can't wait to see whats gunna happen tonight.

Posted
I would love to tell you no. But i think youguys may get a bit wet over the next 24 hours.

cheers it has just started raining lol here we go again :mellow: ..... thank god i am in my campervan

Posted

Here's another West Country-ite logging in to report a view of massive CBs to the NW/W/SW :mellow: ! Still sunny & hot/humid here but am going to watch the small cells which have popped up over Hampshire as they may move into Wiltshire during the evening. Hope those getting storms in Somerset enjoy them, they look to be real stunners!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The sun is back out here now but I can still hear thunder to the southwest, approximately one rumble per minute from here.

Posted
Do you have a laptop there? :)

There is supposed to be 1700 CAPE here and -5 LI here at 7PM :mellow:

i have 2 lappys i have been busy blogging and twitting ..going to chuck up my webcam when i can get my power sorted .. and i have 30 gig on my dongle.. when the cam is running it will be on the link below.. man its boil in the bag weather down here.. light rain temps are still up to 24deg c humidity has to be over 70%

well the beer is cold and i am not on shift till tomorrow :)

Here's another West Country-ite logging in to report a view of massive CBs to the NW/W/SW ;) ! Still sunny & hot/humid here but am going to watch the small cells which have popped up over Hampshire as they may move into Wiltshire during the evening. Hope those getting storms in Somerset enjoy them, they look to be real stunners!

time to get on westbury white horse :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
The sun is back out here now but I can still hear thunder to the southwest, approximately one rumble per minute from here.

I can hear very faint rumble fro here, the torm is to the south west of me moving in a North westerly direction. So it will miss anywhere directly north of it, and move of into the channel to Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
I can hear very faint rumble fro here, the torm is to the south west of me moving in a North westerly direction. So it will miss anywhere directly north of it, and move of into the channel to Wales

Oh well nevermind. Let's hope others form this evening. I can see some tinted-rede tops to the east at present.

Posted

As an example of the explosive development one of the storms over Somerset went from 0.25mm per hour rate at 17.00 to 200mm per hour rate at 17.10 :mellow: !!

time to get on westbury white horse ;)

LOL I have an excellent view from home thanks :) !

One of my best friends lives in Southwick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

very dark/black to my S/W proberly over glastonbury, anybody down that way on here???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
So that thunderstorm heading for Wales had made progress, stalled over the sea and died? - It's what it looks like anyway :mellow:

The storm is only now making progress across the sea, it has not died yet

Posted

starting to hear distant thunder skies are black to my east coming my way? hard to tell as the clouds are barley moving... very still and oh so humid.

kaz

thunder getting louder...

Edited by kaz

Posted
Looking good for tomorrow(fingers crossed)

post-435-1245951551_thumb.png

level 1.. :mellow:

great sat pics of the growth of storms on infra red.In France....I reckon for the midlands around 4.00am

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Just come back from Bridgwater - absolute atrocious weather conditions there. Amazing forked lightning every 10 seconds or so with gunshot thunder almost continuous, and the rain, well, talk about rivers for roads! Various power cuts while waiting at traffic lights didn't help either :mellow:

Bk home now, but some giant towers surround this area in all directions.

Posted
starting to hear distant thunder skies are black to my east coming my way? hard to tell as the clouds are barley moving... very still and oh so humid.

kaz

thunder getting louder...

Can see and hear that as well Kaz. Do you think it may be our turn to have a 'decent' storm?

Jay.

Posted
think i just heard a rumble here!!

woop woop!!

nice! huge towering thunder clouds here, looks very good potential

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Just come back from Bridgwater - absolute atrocious weather conditions there. Amazing forked lightning every 10 seconds or so with gunshot thunder almost continuous, and the rain, well, talk about rivers for roads! Various power cuts while waiting at traffic lights didn't help either :mellow:

Bk home now, but some giant towers surround this area in all directions.

I thought it was down Bridgewater way. Stll looking nasty around there. Old Richard saying the worst will be early tomorrow morning.

Posted
loud rumbles!!! bring it on!!

It looks like it is heading towards Swansea, can anyone confirm?