Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

Lol

Sorry meant the other guys in Surrey, Sussex who have not seen anything this year yet :)

As soon as the MCS Moves North of 50N Then the Steering flow from the ESE Will send the MCS More towards the WNW Past the Midnight Hour. IOW Looks set for a direct hit!

Paul S

Posted

Tomorrow does indeed look very interesting for the London area and the SE, according to the latest fax charts the trough that is causing the continual storm development over the West country right now will very very slowly shift Northwards, it looks like it may park itself over the SE and up into the Midlands tomorrow, in which case look out for a continuous train of storms sprouting up rapidly then edging ever so slowly NW'wards, just like today, anyone who gets the first storm of the day is likely to get them all!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Can see the lightning in Cardiff on the local BBC news now.

Posted
Mad Murdoch?....lol....I've only just twigged that its you...was wondering who this 'Mad Murdoch' was that suddenly appeared on my 'friends' list ....lol

LOL yes it me.. Kelly F no longer applies.. Surname change..

Distant thunder heard...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
Lol

Sorry meant the other guys in Surrey, Sussex who have not seen anything this year yet :)

As soon as the MCS Moves North of 50N Then the Steering flow from the ESE Will send the MCS More towards the WNW Past the Midnight Hour. IOW Looks set for a direct hit!

Paul S

So that could mean if it keeps its potancey, it could reach little old Shropshire by early morning.

Dunno if it will last that long.

Kain

Posted

another cell growing to the South/West of the main cell in N.France on Sat24...good times ahead

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I'll be keeping my eyes open for anything coming inland from the channel, not so sure of something reaching here though if it takes a westerly drift.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
another cell growing to the South/West of the main cell in N.France on Sat24...good times ahead

Think ill sleep on all this tonight.

Ill hope for something in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
So that could mean if it keeps its potancey, it could reach little old Shropshire by early morning.

Dunno if it will last that long.

Kain

Bit of a worry to me.....I really hope it keeps some sferics and gives us a breakfast show , otherwise tomorrow could end up being a mixture of light showers and little surface heating because of the mid-level crud remnants of the MCS

Posted
Think ill sleep on all this tonight.

Ill hope for something in the morning.

lol......smaller cells now growing in Somerset and along the Coast....on loop

I will be gutted if this doent come off now..lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

The channel seems to be sapping some of its energy, at least for the time being.

"Storm location bearing 143.9 dgr distance 66 mi

Last recorded activity 22:41

Intensity class Weak

Intensity trend Weakening

Current strikerate 10/minute

Peak strikerate 75/minute"

(http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm)

Any thoughts?

Posted
Look at them CAPE values for tomorrow! Quite an unstable atmosphere, you'd think that wide spread thunderstorms were a given.

If things go to plan, could be a repeat of the 15th, although I know you didn't do so well on that day, so hopefully including Birmingham this time!

I think there is some severe potential for sure though. Strong updrafts could create some really strong storms, could be some good structure and lightning on display. Potential for good mammatus and CZ tornados and funnels too maybe. ESTOFEX have a level 1 out.

Posted

Latest Radar really shows well the trouble the MCS Has of moving North once it gets above 50N, As soon as it hits the Upper Strong Steering flow is sending it quite abruptly West North West, Landfall at the moment seems to be near to Bournemouth or even Eastern Devon, should just skim the South of the IOW, Plenty of Storms firing along the Front in a line and heading WNW As well. Going to be quite a noisy old night in W Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Avon, Devon and onto South Wales.

Pictures tomorrow Guys! No excuses :)

Posted

Think bristol not gunna see anything as it weakens here then intensifys in west midlands :) i really hate getting my hopes up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Latest Radar really shows well the trouble the MCS Has of moving North once it gets above 50N, As soon as it hits the Upper Strong Steering flow is sending it quite abruptly West North West, Landfall at the moment seems to be near to Bournemouth or even Eastern Devon, should just skim the South of the IOW, Plenty of Storms firing along the Front in a line and heading WNW As well. Going to be quite a noisy old night in W Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Avon, Devon and onto South Wales.

Pictures tomorrow Guys! No excuses :rofl:

:(

Doesnt matter really, plenty tomorrow in the afternoon. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

The MetOffice has issued warnings: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/...t_warnings.html

But not for Gloucestershire :rofl: