Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
A Cell quite near now but no lightening im guessing a may be a breeding ground once again or just gunna go around us.

Hey coxy, appropriate name of the place you live in me thinks.

Posted

Are those showers refined to the West? Or may they drift East to say the Oxfordshire area? :unknw:

Posted

Some heavy showers have gone up over Sw Scotland in the last hour and heading this way, even if they dont bring any lightning the rain will be nice to cool the air a bit!

Posted
Is it really? :D

andy leave him alone :unknw:

yes it is in bristol, even though I'm from cardiff, I have been to HMS flying fox a few times, so I know its there :)

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
andy leave him alone :unknw:

yes it is in bristol, even though I'm from cardiff, I have been to HMS flying fox a few times, so I know its there :)

When I said that his name was appropriate at the moment surely it was a bit blindingly obvious wasn't it? :D

Anyway storms storms storms... can't see many being around tonight but there is a small chance of a few scattered ones here and there.

Posted

working nite shift tonite will keep a weather watch camera at the ready if I get time or chance but nothing showing on my webpage but there is a storm brewing on the header see ! http://www.bicesterweather.co.uk/StormVue.php ha

Edited by gpspete

Posted
When I said that his name was appropriate at the moment surely it was a bit blindingly obvious wasn't it? :D

Anyway storms storms storms... can't see many being around tonight but there is a small chance of a few scattered ones here and there.

don't worry mate only messing around :D:p:oops:

I dont think anything is going to happen tonight though

also YAY 300 posts omg since 2005 yay :):unknw::):yahoo::yahoo:

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
don't worry mate only messing around :D:oops::)

I dont think anything is going to happen tonight though

also YAY 300 posts omg since 2005 yay :p:D:unknw::yahoo::yahoo:

Hehe it's alright.

Coxy I hope I haven't offended you.. I was trying to be a bit witty and funny but I think no one is in the mood for any of that tonight by the looks of things lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

banter thread is this way chaps -------------------------->The Lounge

Back on topic, not a lot happening right now down in the SW, a few showers just making landfall over dorest/hants, and a weakening shower in the Bristol area, things should get a bit more organised towards daybreak as the trough pushes through the SW, but all in all looks a quiet night ahead...famous last words! :unknw:

Posted

Will the north-east finally be able to utilise the potential energy to the west?

ukcapeli.png

The strength of the wind below 850hpa and the degree of easterly vector in the flow will have a considerable influence on how far east any development gets.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Thought I just saw a faint flicker towards Hereford direction. wasnt car lights too high up in the sky.

Posted
Thought I just saw a faint flicker towards Hereford direction. wasnt car lights too high up in the sky.

A UFO? :D *X Files theme plays*

In all seriousness though... Could well be lightning, theres a bright echo on the radar around the Gloucester area, which is near Hereford...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Yes it is! few more flashes just then, looks like the stuff coming from the sw has just turned active whooo :D

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
Yes it is! few more flashes just then, looks like the stuff coming from the sw has just turned active whooo :D

Getting a good boost from todays residual heating and the trough. Appears to be moving NE, thuought everything was going to move from S to NW overnight?

Oh well, i hope it pours downs, its hotter than hell in here atm, no air and humid still :D

Posted
Just started raining.....no signs of anythingelse though :D YET!!! :D

Hey jo... Is Ebbw Vale kinda near Aberdare way? Nice part of the world is South Wales, I visit Aberdare a few times a year to stay with my uncle, aunt and cousins...

Anyway massively off-topic again by me, the mods no doubt have me on their 'watch' list :D I think theres some electrical stuff down Hereford/Gloucester way as Daniel mentioned. Radar looks like there is some heavy PPN down that way, it's not a big storm by any means but I would say it's maybe 5-10 miles or so across. Wish there was some rain/storms here tonight, I am getting increasingly hotter by the minute, thermomiter still says 30c in my bedroom. I don't know how much longer I can take this heat before I pass out :)

Posted
Woah those cells near Bristol have exploded with 250mm per hour rainfall rates. Is anyone on here near them?

They better hope thats a typo or else run for their boats! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting
Woah those cells near Bristol have exploded with 250mm per hour rainfall rates. Is anyone on here near them?

Post number 1!

To report that I live nr Stroud, Glos (GL10) driven the full length of the M5 today, a little too late after work to catch the Birmingham area cells so decided to turn round and head to the south and hopefully get some night lightning. Just arrived in Plymouth at my brothers and checked the NWRadar..... :D Didnt get a spot of rain as I passed Bristol. Heres to chasing: 99% disappointment, 1% pure joy/wonder/awe :D