Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Looks like a repeat performance of today Pat, I'll be in worcester tomorrow afternoon, a prime area I reckon :lol:

what do you reckon AJ of Tonight.well I mean of these showers moving up.

your personal royal opinion mate..lol

edit Jane np..at all

Edited by dogs32

Posted

The storm just missed to the east today. Plenty of rumbles within 5 miles or so & some lightish rain but no lightning seen. Not surprised to see that Alton Towers got a pummelling, was tempted to have a short drive up to Cheadle myself, but then Murray came on :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
Relative reporting thunder and lightning in Kettering, Northants at the moment (nr. Wicksteed Park) However, another person in Kettering cannot hear or see anything?

Practical joke maybe?

Posted
The storm just missed to the east today. Plenty of rumbles within 5 miles or so & some lightish rain but no lightning seen. Not surprised to see that Alton Towers got a pummelling, was tempted to have a short drive up to Cheadle myself, but then Murray came on :lol:

OMG dave you missed a treat honestly we must've been right through the middle of it! I noticed when I came through Stoke how dry it was.

Posted
Oh right, I was hoping for some early morning action (weatherwise!) lol. I'll probably be lying awake most of the night with this heat anyway. Its so humid!!

Aint we all :wallbash: :wacko: :lol:

Posted

small heavy cell just popped up towards London :wallbash:

Somerset cell getting heavier

edit plenty of fun for you tomorrow Mark

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
chart for Tuesday looks awesome...GFS update

Yes a nice upgrade on the 12z.

I can't remember ever seeing CAPE values over 2000 in this area less than 24 hrs out.

Look forward to seeing the Netweather convective forecast and hopefully a Met Office weather warning tomorrow :wallbash:

Posted

right - its no good. im too hot! off for a swim then to sleep in my parents summer house and wait for the storms! - good luck everyone :wallbash:

sam, cirencester

Posted
Aint we all :wallbash: :wacko: :lol:

Ha ha! Well I'm normally too dozy in the early morning to think about anything but sleep :p :lol:

Posted
Really need some rain here to cool down a bit.

You might get some later maybe a t-storm :wallbash:

Posted
Really need some rain here to cool down a bit.

Raining here but no cooler, just making it worse uggggggggggggggghhh

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
what do you reckon AJ of Tonight.well I mean of these showers moving up.

your personal royal opinion mate..lol

edit Jane np..at all

Well, after spending ages scanning the charts, deconstructing atlantic anomalies, the jetstream, sun spot activity, studying the antarctic ozone hole and the correlation of global warming & its impact on our weather, I've come up with the following conclusion on tonights storm threat.....

Maybe it will storm, maybe it wont..... :wallbash:

Seriously though, it does look rather good doesnt it?.....plenty of showers springing up over the south west, lots of moist air, just a bit concerned over lack of sferics, but hoping the nocturnal cooling will give these showers a good royal kick up the backside! :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

What time to set the alarm for tonight then? Is it even worth doing so?

Nothing so far here today - it seems we were a breeding ground for storms further north, and tomorrow it looks like the main risk is too far north again, though it would be nice to see something before I go to Austria on Weds...

It seems ESTOFEX are not going along with tomorrow, no storm risk from them so I'm a bit wary at the moment as to tomorrows storm potential. SB CAPE is indeed excellent, temps and dewpoints are gonna be quite high (29C and 20C). Does seem like it could be another today.

Thunderstorms are believed to bring cooler conditions yet tonight feels so warm and humid!

I don't think ESTOFEX has issued tomorrow's forecast yet :wallbash:

Posted
It seems ESTOFEX are not going along with tomorrow, no storm risk from them so I'm a bit wary at the moment as to tomorrows storm potential. SB CAPE is indeed excellent, temps and dewpoints are gonna be quite high (29C and 20C). Does seem like it could be another today.

Thunderstorms are believed to bring cooler conditions yet tonight feels so warm and humid!

they haven't even issued a forecast yet? :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

My gosh it's so hot and sticky tonight, we don't even have a fan lol, this is the time when a fan would come in handy. My computer is acting like a heater, the heat is coming off the back of the screen big style and the thermomiter on our landing says 29c, it's at least 3-4 degrees warmer in my bedroom because of the computer. I am literally melting here. Looks like the storms have fizzled out in most places now, but i'd love some rain now to cool things down!! I think i'm losing about a stone in sweat tonight lol. (So unattractive!)|

Posted
My gosh it's so hot and sticky tonight, we don't even have a fan lol, this is the time when a fan would come in handy. My computer is acting like a heater, the heat is coming off the back of the screen big style and the thermomiter on our landing says 29c, it's at least 3-4 degrees warmer in my bedroom because of the computer. I am literally melting here. Looks like the storms have fizzled out in most places now, but i'd love some rain now to cool things down!! I think i'm losing about a stone in sweat tonight lol. (So unattractive!)|

ooh we've just breached the 30.0C here in my room! :lol: :wallbash: :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Haha :wacko: Just got the thermomiter from the landing and placed it on my wall, 31c it's reading, and rising!! honestly I don't know about you lot but when it's 31c in my bedroom I sweat ridiculous amounts lol. I am sitting here and my clothes are soaked from sweat and i'm only wearing a t shirt and shorts!! Don't worry I have lots of Lynx on so I am not smelly :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very nice cooling large raindrops here now, feels very much like Florida outside!

Posted

A Cell quite near now but no lightening im guessing a may be a breeding ground once again or just gunna go around us.