Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
BBC update flash player

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Looks better than earlier imo...well it is for here! :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Looks better than earlier imo...well it is for here! :lol:

he didnt elaborate on the showers much.....or in detail.......

still seem to be identifying to me at present or growing

Edited by dogs32

Posted
The storms did grow around you while just a few miles North of you they lasted much longer and were bigger here.

yea! i could see it growing before my eyes as it skitted past me! was amazing to see! :)

when i left work it was bone dry on the ground! as i drove toward home the roads were really wet giant puddles :lol: . i knew i'd missed somthing! not complaining tho just glad you guys saw some activity today!

im looking forward to seeing a good thunderstorm soon :)

Posted
hi guys! just got back from work which is 3 miles from my house! I was gutted cos i heard a few rumbles of thunder at work and hubby and my 2 boys had a great time in the middle of the thunderstorm at home! they said it lasted 15 mins with torrential rain, CG lightening and very loud thunder! cant believe we hardly got anything at work just a few rumbles! i was only 3 miles down the road :) :lol:

I could hear distant thunder but saw no lightning and we got no rain whatsoever. I would never have said that I was in the middle of a storm, just the edge of it. I'm in Headless Cross. Just goes to show how isolated these storms were. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A busy afternoon!...started off nr Daventry, was some good convection, then had a phone call from my missus telling me to get my backside back to the west of brum (I drive, she's at home with NW radar on her laptop!) caught one decent CC bolt, and then dived back down the M6 Toll/A45 to rugby for another good cell with more piccies....here's a quick upload of the CC I caught, will post some more shots later..... :lol:

auto1-1.jpg

Posted
A busy afternoon!...started off nr Daventry, was some good convection, then had a phone call from my missus telling me to get my backside back to the west of brum (I drive, she's at home with NW radar on her laptop!) caught one decent CC bolt, and then dived back down the M6 Toll/A45 to rugby for another good cell with more piccies....here's a quick upload of the CC I caught, will post some more shots later..... :)

auto1-1.jpg

nice picture :lol: similar to the one I saw whilst driving on thursday eve coming back from cadets :)

Posted
Still getting some rumbles but the cell has moved off completely now and the sun is out again. I wouldn't be surprised if the heat from Liverpool re-invigorated it a bit before it moves into the Irish Sea and inevitably decays. In any case, I don't expect anything further in this area until tomorrow now.

I can still see that CB way way to the NNW and still developing with some TCU with it.

Can you see a nice line of cumulus it`ll probably be to your south,they look like a long line of turretts now. :lol: to the NE from here.

That sprawling decayed anvil to the east is now pretty wide,with also some mamma.

Best skyline to the north at the moment :) ,not much to the south maybe a little alt-cas in the distance.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Nice pic! :) Look forward to the rest!

cheers!......Strewth, thats a serious amount of storm thread pages to trawl through..lol..........Ok, so, when's round 2??......radar and charts suggest a nice breakfast show perhaps?? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
haha they are cracking storms round there - i don't know if 2004 was an especially good year or not but i seem to remember about 4 weeks of a lot of storms and chasing them back up the M5 to birmingham!! good times!!

I remember several storms in Gloucestershire in 2004. I used to be a chorister, and was singing for the Three Choirs Festival at Gloucester that year. One day there was 50mm of rain and the sky was "as dark as at 10pm" according to a friend - sod's law that was the day we were rehearsing in London! Also around the same time I remember a tremendous downpour which lasted about 45 minutes, and there was another short but sweet cell over Churcham which came right overhead - instantaneous thunder after the lightning. So I think 2004 probably was a good year for storms :lol:

Cleeve Hill is great - so is much of the countryside around Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. For my GCSE coursework I took weather readings along a transect past Badger's Mount Farm (Cleeve Hill) on seven days. I was trying to find out how temps/wind/pressure/humidity changed with altitude and got some quite good results although I don't know whether it was ever returned by the exam board.

Posted
Just watched the BBC weather forecast and Rob 'The Legend' McElwee says that a band of thundery showers will push N from France and will affect SWern UK aswell as the W Mids. :)

Me and Roberto are singing from the same hymn sheet then... :lol: ...NMM & GFS seem to be sending thundery showers/storms/rain rumblers/skirtflashers etc up through Devon & Somerset NWwards into west wales, but looking at whats on the radar so far, it looks like things are being shunted 50-100 miles further east, right to my front door....could be an interesting morning....(then again, it could be just remnants, low cloud & drizzle...lol)

Jeez, just edited this post 3 times, I really must use the spell checker...lol

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
I can still see that CB way way to the NNW and still developing with some TCU with it.

Can you see a nice line of cumulus it`ll probably be to your south,they look like a long line of turretts now. :lol: to the NE from here.

Must be a different CB you can see - the one that passed over me died out over the Irish Sea around 90 mins ago. There is however a clump of collapsing TCU to the west, perhaps that's it? It must be around 40 miles away. I can just make out some Cumulus turrets to the SSE behind some stratus. Difficult to make out though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

:lol:

Storm Forecast Issued: 2009-06-29 20:44:00

Valid: 2009-06-30 00:00:00 - 2009-06-30 23:59:00

Regions Affected

Northern England, Wales, N,W+S Midlands, West Country, parts of Southwest England ( much of mainland Scotland, Northern Ireland and remaining areas of Midlands and CS / SW England are included in the WATCH )

Synopsis

High pressure over Scandinavia continues to affect the weather across the UK. A plume of warm and moist air advects northwards out of NW France on Monday evening/night, and is likely to bring scattered showers or elevated thunderstorms to some southwestern/central-southern counties during the early hours of Tuesday morning, moving north into East Wales/W Midlands by dawn. Although these showers may weaken and decay during the morning hours, further thunderstorms are expected to develop within the THUNDERSTORM region on the map. Initiation should be sooner than on Monday due to a more favourable atmosphere and so from early/mid afternoon seems more likely. Slow moving storms are likely to pose a flash flooding risk, and also hail. Most storms should move in a N/NW direction. Some thunderstorms may persist for most of the evening, particularly in northern England, with a low risk of further elevated storms moving across the Channel in the late evening hours.

http://ukasf.co.uk/module-Storm/mode-forecast/id-230/

:)

Posted

luvley juvely Jane...will have to set my alarm clock...just in case

lets hope this happens...They are still fairly heavy on radar :)

Blizzards is not allowed any... :lol:

hes already had 8

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Looking good Jane, to yourself, Pat, Trickey, and the rest of us up the M5 corridor tomorrow morning! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

lets hope this happens...They are still fairly heavy on radar :)

hes already had 8

9 actually now! Lol. Must change the signature! :)

Rob on BBC going for Thunderstorms heare at dawn. Lovely. :)

Posted
is likely to bring scattered showers or elevated thunderstorms to some southwestern/central-southern counties during the early hours of Tuesday morning

the southeast out of it again :) (i know we aren't expecting anything :lol: )

bit concerned about the "or" indicating it is still uncertain whether they will be thundery or not? :)

Posted
9 actually now! Lol. Must change the signature! :)

Rob on BBC going for Thunderstorms heare at dawn. Lovely. :lol:

hes changed it then to a more positive TS outlook???.....he didn't elaborate earlier

He did mention that they will skirt past you as other people haven't had any

Posted
Looking good Jane, to yourself, Pat, Trickey, and the rest of us up the M5 corridor tomorrow morning! :)

ooooh goodie :)

i missed todays storm so i hope i see somthing tomorrow :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

After the initial excitement earlier this evening, with a storm appearing to be heading in my direction, everything seemed to grind to a halt after 1800 g.m.t and not a spot of rain has fallen here. A quick look at the NW radar accumulation shows 4 hour totals of around 20 mm between Birmingham and Stoke and eastwards to within half a dozen miles of Derby and Ashbourne.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Posted
hes changed it then to a more positive TS outlook???.....he didn't elaborate earlier

He did mention that they will skirt past you as other people haven't had any

Lol i take it here becomes the place of nowhere tomorrow then. :lol:

Ive already shared my storm today with others! Lol. I want my 10th tomorrow-its not much to ask is it? :)

Posted

Unfortunately that storm stayed east of here so never saw anything, very muggy tonight, hopefully a nightime thunderstorm will occur at some point this week.

Posted

Hello fellow weather lovers im hoping even more now after that storm warning il be happy even if i see some distant lightening and thunder :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

lets hope this happens...They are still fairly heavy on radar :lol:

hes already had 8

I'm setting my alarm too lol. Yes Blizzards!! you've been nicking all our storms! Tis our turn now. :lol: