Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

looking like it will steer easNE before it gets to manc but fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Rain has just started again here; quite torrential but welcome. The temperature has hardly dropped at all and I thought I heard very faint rumbling a few minutes ago.

Posted

Doesn't look heavy enough for anything thundery just patchy light rain unless bbc are behind metoffice which has a v good forecast for us :lol:

Posted

Im trying to get in contact with Netw via the telephone, no one's answering, i know its the credit crunch but getting monkeys talking on an answer machine is not good!

LOL

Posted
Doesn't look heavy enough for anything thundery just patchy light rain unless bbc are behind metoffice which has a v good forecast for us :lol:

In theory what's coming your way shouldn't be visible on the radar until at least 9-10pm because it's coming up from Brittany (NW France) not Cornwall! :lol: :)

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
In theory what's coming your way shouldn't be visible on the radar until at least 9-10pm because it's coming up from Brittany (NW France) not Cornwall! :lol: :lol:

Is this a thundery outbreak im just very confused right now im looking at bbc and metoffice forecasts both alot different.

Posted
Is this a thundery outbreak im just very confused right now im looking at bbc and metoffice forecasts both alot different.

to me they are both similar? storms developing over NW France this evening, drifting north in the early hours :lol:

Posted
check out the radar loop shows it beautifully

http://www.sat24.com/gb

Yes, a beast of a storm. You can see the convergence line running NW from London right up to Staffordshire. But it looks like any convection forming over London is simply dieing and everything is happening towards the NW. Edited by tripleseis

Posted
Are these imports drifting to the West of the IOW tonight into the South West?

Yes. Do you expect anything else? lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Had a rumble of thunder just now to the East, but it's brightening up here and the shower is moving away Northwards.

Posted

there is some heavy echoes now appearing in North France..

Sat24 shows a Thunder head in this direction...will they make the channel :lol:

see if Nick makes a comment about it at some point...

Is opinion highly valued...Im sure he will as things progress at some point

Edited by dogs32

Posted
there is some heavy echoes now appearing in North France..

Sat24 shows a Thunder head in this direction...will they make the channel :lol:

If you would have asked that question a couple of hours ago i would of said yes, one thing you have onside is that the reduction in temps is not as dramatic compared to last week and the week before. I think it'll be a 50/50 call. But although it's impossible i think 50 is in favour :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

Well over cast eariler, now totally clear around the south of the M25 with the exception of a few scattered clouds and some haze.

Posted

convection over london died around 2 hours ago. produced a few showers with massive raindrops. now clear breezy and cooler. convective outlook for the SE not great until Friday, but the expected heat i suppose might just trigger a little storm action, especially right over gtr london. what i want is a repeat of saturday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
http://www.lccc.co.uk/weatherstation/

Web cam At OldTrafford cricket ground - can see what i think is the edge of the storm over Staffs at the moment. Think its going to miss us though.

dont say that!

Posted
If you would have asked that question a couple of hours ago i would of said yes, one thing you have onside is that the reduction in temps is not as dramatic compared to last week and the week before. I think it'll be a 50/50 call. But although it's impossible i think 50 is in favour :lol:

lol/.....yes Im going for this opinion myself...........soooo many times from this direction over the yrs as produced........also hasnt :lol:

Posted

Still getting some rumbles but the cell has moved off completely now and the sun is out again. I wouldn't be surprised if the heat from Liverpool re-invigorated it a bit before it moves into the Irish Sea and inevitably decays. In any case, I don't expect anything further in this area until tomorrow now.

Posted
Still getting some rumbles but the cell has moved off completely now and the sun is out again. I wouldn't be surprised if the heat from Liverpool re-invigorated it a bit before it moves into the Irish Sea and inevitably decays. In any case, I don't expect anything further in this area until tomorrow now.

It has intensified a little on the last radar loop. Looks like it may actually reach here. Time to sit in the garden and listen.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Quite an impressive cell it is too. I'd settle to see some cloud structures nevermind a storm,

this grey murk is really spoiling my evening, temps aint much better either @15°C....

Sat24.

Posted

Nothing here now with blue skies,lines of TCU still to the north with a dead anvil,a couple of CB`s out east one very impressive calvus heading into the old cirrostratus of the old storm.

Posted
It has intensified a little on the last radar loop. Looks like it may actually reach here. Time to sit in the garden and listen.

It should be more or less over you now Shaun. It eased here then started again, but didn't get the thunder until it cleared. Doesn't look like we'll get anymore tonight anyway.

Posted
what are the chances of the storms getting to the north east coast

As much chance as ive got getting a kiss off the pope!!!