Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

Had some pretty explosive development to my South earlier, but it did not sustain, must have been the Southern end of the convergance.

Looks like high pressure will largely keep a lid on things around here for a few days, but as we saw today local conditions can come together to produce storms where they are not expected, such as over West London today. :)

Posted

Nice to see some cells now popping up in the channel about halfway to the south coast, radar look much more promising for the S/SW than it did an hour earlier!

Posted
Nice to see some cells now popping up in the channel about halfway to the south coast, radar look much more promising for the S/SW than it did an hour earlier!

Do you think we have a good chance of seeing some thunder at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Do you think we have a good chance of seeing some thunder at least.

Please think about what you just said!!!

:)

Posted
:) These storms are weak. So in total that's 4 I've seen. Two to my W with a few flashes, one forming right over me and giving one rumble and the last one which has just passed me to my E by about a mile giving a tropical downpour and alot of loud rumbles. All in all, not a success. I suppose if they hit me dead on then I'd think they're a bit stronger but honestly, nothing compare to the ones in EA or the SE.

Though as I type this, the thunder just gets louder as it moves N. Typical really. Oh and btw the Radar and Strike detector were both inaccurate today so didn't help me one bit.

You`ve had a succesful day I would say,and looking at the radar a hotspot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
:) These storms are weak. So in total that's 4 I've seen. Two to my W with a few flashes, one forming right over me and giving one rumble and the last one which has just passed me to my E by about a mile giving a tropical downpour and alot of loud rumbles. All in all, not a success. I suppose if they hit me dead on then I'd think they're a bit stronger but honestly, nothing compare to the ones in EA or the SE.

Though as I type this, the thunder just gets louder as it moves N. Typical really. Oh and btw the Radar and Strike detector were both inaccurate today so didn't help me one bit.

You're just too picky for your own good!

Posted

on netradar the showers from France heavy in nature developing nicely and extending North across the channel

I hope I get to see some air later :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Oh well one day it will be our turn eh

Looking at the latest charts,the best chance for some thundery action for the northeast will be some time on friday as a cold front pushes east introducing fresher weather for the weekend.

It will be nice to see the back of this poxy mist/fog/drizzle which keeps returning every night. :)

Posted

Traditional plume event developing down South, with the Channel Islands having some fun.

Looks like these storms will run through Hampshire way and probrably will effect the East. :)

Edited by jshaw

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
Oh well one day it will be our turn eh

I believe you missed the last 'little' storm we had on sat 13th, you where in Seaham i think,

possible storms this week but will tell a little closer to the time me thinks, just want rid of

this north sea cac...!! I was gonna go over to the west but my father was taken into

intensive care early this morning with suspected kidney failure so storms and the likes

are last on my list at the moment. Anyway those who get a storm dont forget to put

it in the storms report thread as this makes a good reference point to check later on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

I hope i hear some lightning later on.

I know i cant wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ooohya beauty, gone very dark here, sky looks very threatening, just checked out my postcode on Net Weather radar, looks like we are going to get pasted!!! I can hear rumbles of thunder now and within the next 10 minutes it's going to be fireworks. Anyone who has the radar.. Type in LE3 and you'll see the cell thats about to hit me.

Posted
I believe you missed the last 'little' storm we had on sat 13th, you where in Seaham i think,

possible storms this week but will tell a little closer to the time me thinks, just want rid of

this north sea cac...!! I was gonna go over to the west but my father was taken into

intensive care early this morning with suspected kidney failure so storms and the likes

are last on my list at the moment. Anyway those who get a storm dont forget to put

it in the storms report thread as this makes a good reference point to check later on

yeh thats right i was at my b/f .....sorry to hear about your dad its not easy ive been back and forth to the hopsitail since xmas with mum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Came out of work in Croydon (Surrey) at 5.30, could see some towering cumulus towards SW, probably Epsom/Banstead way. It looks as if the CZ kicked in around there and allied to lift over the N.Downs sparked a rogue light shower that clipped Wimbledon but nothing like the storms in and around the Birmingham area. Could see the Brum/Wolverhampton storm via TV at work (work for Bookmakers), the 5 p.m. race at Wolverhampton was run in quite a squall and commentators stated that picture break-up was due to adverse weather in that area.

Hope Harry has backed a few winners at Windsor, he didnt get his storm their but no doubt would've seen some stormy skies to his NW, stretching off up into the Midlands.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
I know i cant wait!

Sorry, I've been smelling it out the window :) ... but it seems to be bypassing us. Bum!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stuff developing over the channel!!!!

Posted

I hope i hear some lightning later on.

hear-oh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
Was surprised when I went out to take the 1800 readings that there was frequent thunder away to my south west and a huge cb anvil covering 3 oktas of sky. Even more surprised to get back in and look at the NW radar to see it's the Birmingham cell, which appeared to be moving due north when I left work a couple of hours or so ago, but which now appears to be heading this way.

I try not to make a habit of quoting myself but, how wrong can you be?

The, obviously potent, thunderstorm about 20 miles west of here at 1800 g.m.t, and which definitely was heading east at that time, has now fizzled away into little more than a moderate shower and has also stopped any eastward movement;

I became suspicious when the thunder didn't get any nearer and then stopped altogether.

Some quirk of the upper steering winds has dealt me a cruel blow indeed .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow, you have been really unlucky then! There are plenty shots at sotrms this week. Possibly tomorrow around Midday as long as something develops overnight.

Posted

Might well get somehthing here in west sheffield. Im off up to ringinglow to look out west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Ooohya beauty, gone very dark here, sky looks very threatening, just checked out my postcode on Net Weather radar, looks like we are going to get pasted!!! I can hear rumbles of thunder now and within the next 10 minutes it's going to be fireworks. Anyone who has the radar.. Type in LE3 and you'll see the cell thats about to hit me.

Here it is!! Hammering down now, thundering and all sorts, I expect to see some lightning any minute. Rain rates of 70mm an hour in this cell, very dark here now.

Posted

Rain finally reached Northants. Fairly heavy shower just passing through now.

Quite refreshing really after such a sticky hot day.

10/10 to the Rain Today radar because it is surprisingly accurate.

Edited by NorthantsSnow