Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
dogs,

I can't see what your'e seeing lol but I see loads of convection all around! and the anvil is still going strong.

lol...thx anyway.its probably nothing but thx for checking......

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Radio 4 forecast just called for thundery showers moving into the Westcountry overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
still thundering most of it moved east, brighter to SW, i had high of 27.1oC before storm now 21.0C, geez thats a loud rumble, got a fright

Same high here. The NW radar shows a brief respite before a second cell comes moving in, not too far away and it looks slightly further east than the other one was. Let's just hope it holds together. Not a bad storm though, not much rain but a lot of thunder and lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Have some pictures to upload now showing the scale of the rain here! Will show soon!

Posted
The radar shows heavy rain over Telford but its hot and sunny?? confusing

There was a flash of ligtening to the west around 5.15 but no thunder.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
Have been watching this for the past hour. Certainly must be some strong vertical air motion taking place in this area. Nice shaped top, sure to give some downpours. May develop during the coming hours during the strongest period of convergence. Seems to be moving slightly east of north .

C

I must be just round the corner from you then! Do you think we're going to get anything or will it miss us? I have to pop out to the supermarket and don't want to miss the excitement! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Same high here. The NW radar shows a brief respite before a second cell comes moving in, not too far away and it looks slightly further east than the other one was. Let's just hope it holds together. Not a bad storm though, not much rain but a lot of thunder and lightning.

rained very hard here, lighter now, but still loads of rumbles to the north east, nearly caught it full on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

I think there's some showers or a storm around north/north west bucks possibly, as to the north of me there's a lot of dark grey cloud and I think it's probably raining under that cloud so possibly a few rumbles over that way too I don't know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
Have been watching this for the past hour. Certainly must be some strong vertical air motion taking place in this area. Nice shaped top, sure to give some downpours. May develop during the coming hours during the strongest period of convergence. Seems to be moving slightly east of north .

C

Yes, seems to be moving towards the direction of Staffordshire Moorlands and onwards to the Derbyshire Peak. Will pick up some extra uplift over the highground. Might be some fireworks here in the next 2 hours.

C

Posted

Big thunder here - just got the washing in. Breeze getting up from the south ....

Posted

Why is the BBC saying something different

from the MET

This Evening and Tonight:

A very warm evening with scattered heavy thunderstorms gradually dying away. Most places dry overnight, but warm and humid. Some heavy rain or thunderstorms will move into parts of western England during the early hours. Fog patches near eastern coasts.

Tuesday:

Most eastern parts dry and hot with sunny spells, although eastern coastal areas will remain cooler and misty. Showery rain or thunderstorms will affect some western and central areas.

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Going to Portsmouth tomorrow so i typed in Portsmouth and it come up with 2000 CAPE and LI-4 & 71% storm risk, then after a few hours i realise wrong Portsmouth there's one up north :D

Type in right portsmouth, 0 cape and cooler + CLOUDY all day, AH damn- rele had my hopes up there, mega downgrade, thought it a bit extreme conditions for portsmouth by the sea :[

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
I must be just round the corner from you then! Do you think we're going to get anything or will it miss us? I have to pop out to the supermarket and don't want to miss the excitement! :D

Beer time calls. Going to sit in the pub beer garden, enjoy the evening sunshine and watch that cloud and listen for thunder.

Sad really, but love it.

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

Going to Portsmouth tomorrow so i typed in Portsmouth and it come up with 2000 CAPE and LI-4 & 71% storm risk, then after a few hours i realise wrong Portsmouth there's one up north :D

Type in right portsmouth, 0 cape and cooler + CLOUDY all day, AH damn- rele had my hopes up there, mega downgrade, thought it a bit extreme conditions for portsmouth by the sea :[

Posted

Another beast is on the way! I am everso lucky today and I shall not complain about storms for the rest of the summer!

Posted

Seen some pretty nice Pileus on the tops of the explosive convection cells towards Stoke, give or take another 3 hours and im hoping it'll be coming this way. Its still not Anvil'd out which im assuming is a good sign as the system is still maturing. Nocturnal Cooling in the next couple of hours will also help in advancement of this storm and I suspect flash warnings by the MetO will be issued soon for the Peak District.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Why is the BBC saying something different

from the MET

This Evening and Tonight:

A very warm evening with scattered heavy thunderstorms gradually dying away. Most places dry overnight, but warm and humid. Some heavy rain or thunderstorms will move into parts of western England during the early hours. Fog patches near eastern coasts.

Tuesday:

Most eastern parts dry and hot with sunny spells, although eastern coastal areas will remain cooler and misty. Showery rain or thunderstorms will affect some western and central areas.

Yes, I can never understand that! I thought they both worked together. I always thought the BBC get their forecasts from the Met O lol

I am still optimistic after seeing all this convection and anvils around here. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...
Yes, I can never understand that! I thought they both worked together. I always thought the BBC get their forecasts from the Met O lol

I am still optimistic after seeing all this convection and anvils around here. :D

BBC is a law to itself in all respects!

Nothing here yet but hopeful...

Posted
Beer time calls. Going to sit in the pub beer garden, enjoy the evening sunshine and watch that cloud and listen for thunder.

Sad really, but love it.

C

What a great idea.

Im going to have to wait for my storms but friday is looking interesting for my location.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1026.gif

The predicted dewpoints are 23C!!

Posted
What a great idea.

Im going to have to wait for my storms but friday is looking interesting for my location.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1026.gif

The predicted dewpoints are 23C!!

That sounds quite uncomfortable!

Back to storms, rain really quite heavy again now and frequent loud thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
I think i am going with the met office :D

Me too lol..look over to Bushcombe hill there is even more TCU'S forming. Surely somethings got to happen.Think I'll water the plants,it just might rain then lol.

Posted

Wooh, im near the area of 2000 Cape and -5 LI. Lets hope something spectacular can be pulled off lol

(or is that just wishful thinking, even though data is there to back it up lol) :D

Posted

big storm over me now ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

Go out side and cut the lawn or something, thats usually guaranteed rain for me....