Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms & Convective Discussion

Tim B

Posted
Still reckon that the temperature I mentioned earlier of 33.9c in Leicestershire was BS? You said you thought London was hotter today, well apperantly the central Midlands was hotter than London this afternoon. Coventry, Leicester, Coalville, Derby all were a few degrees higher than London.

On the subject of storms... Some pretty tasty ones heading towards Devon and Cornwall right now.

???????????? Andy what has this got to do with the Convective Thread..............Think you are in the wrong area with this.

Sounds like you are beating yourself up over nothing with this, does it really matter if the Midlands were hotter than London today, this should be true anyway as the Midlands had about a 3c Temp start on the South East and a Much more Humid Airmass with Dewpoints about 5c up on values down here.

Posted
???????????? Andy what has this got to do with the Convective Thread..............Think you are in the wrong area with this.

Sounds like you are beating yourself up over nothing with this, does it really matter if the Midlands were hotter than London today, this should be true anyway as the Midlands had about a 3c Temp start on the South East and a Much more Humid Airmass with Dewpoints about 5c up on values down here.

I agree paul, just ignore him, hes an extremeist! his area whether it be in winter or summer has to out rank or do better than every part of the U.K. This winter gone, he said he had 5-6inch's of snow, when he took pics there was a dusting!

Posted
18z UKMO meso doesn't miss out the SE with convective rainfall overnight Thurs/Fri morning thankfully, as the cold front shifts east, - there is what looks like an MCS drifting NE just ahead of the cold front B)

Have been hoping this was going to hold firm on the Models Nick, as I am going abroad on Friday evening Thursday overnight into Friday looks like a good chance of some Lightning at one of my (4) favoured Lookout points around the SE!

BTW Has anyone seen the Models for the first half of July! :angry: Jet Stream over Iberia with Low pressure and North or North-Westerly winds and plenty of Rainfall and cool temps........here we go again!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
What time was this? Because at around 2:45PM here i hit 28.7c

Also this morning around 11:30-12:10 pm hull was one of the hottest places (warmer than the SE)

When i checked xcweather, msn local conditions and the BBC this afternoon (and i checked frequently) derby/coventry/lshire was hovering around 29.6c

33 degree's, maybe when you had the oven on, but trust me home made weather stations can be funny buggers sometimes. If you did hit 33c it would be in the media, or at least easy viewing to the publics eyes.

http://www.oadbyweather.com/

Right hand side where it says Temperature High.

I think it might have been a few degrees too high but don't forget that locally conditions can be higher or lower than say 5 miles down the road for instance. Derby is 30 miles away, Coventry is 25 and Leicestershire... Well I haven't seen a reading for that but Oadby which is 3 miles away from the City Centre recorded 33.9c and the guy across the road from me who has a weather station told me it reached 93f maximum this afternoon. So when he said that it made me think that 33.9c wasn't being over egged.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I'm loosing my marbles, could have sworn I have just seen a distent flash of lightning while opening the windows abit more.

You would have thought it would be cooler at half 12 at night lol...is it hell lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
LOL

I'd love to be on the biscay coast just looking out to sea..

1-1.jpg

Hell yeah that is some very impressive lightning, classic biscay boomer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Because Paul the majority of people are in here and not in the heatwave thread so my dicussion over the possible record temperature would be much more likely to be debated in here by more people than in the heatwave thread which is dead as a dodo with 4-5 people in it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

For god sakes guys, listen to yoursleves. You bickering over a few degrees. Who cares who was hotter than who.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Enough of the off-topicness and bickering please ...

Any such posts will be deleted.

Posted

Closing this as it has drifted way way off topic and now we are talking about Snowstorms.

New thread coming in 1 mo