Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms & Convective Discussion

Tim B

Posted
Does that image show a cell south of manchester?

yes and growing....EDIT...i THINK

Marcus the lightning is increasing even though the sun as gone down.......Is this going to be the trend....

Go West Im singing YMCA :blush:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Does that image show a cell south of manchester?

Might be, that image seems to show it up nicely.

Posted
Hey Dogs i wonder whether this time we might be lucky :blush:

I dont know to scared to say after this week........But will be interesting seeing the South get hit regardless..

.but yes Plzzzz....

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Just been out for a walk with the dog, can see the front clouds of the cells to the south, no flashes or bangs seen or heard yet, though its gone increadibly humid out and its still fairly warm to say it only reached 23.5c today its still 18.6c, it was still 19.8c around half 9.

Posted

May have to make a 10min drive down to weymouth in a while with my camera to see whats about :blush:

Kev

Posted

Well got everything crossed we are still under an early warning so you never know just have to wait and see what happens with it tonight :blush:

Posted
Dogs - do you think hereford is to far north and east for this ??

honestly I dont know,.............you know how fickle the Storms can be.......All I think is we have a decent chance tomorrow at some point...

I think on Sat24 there might be some more cells growing to the North of Bay of Biscay.....To early to tell.But to small blobs are growing

Which infra red picks out.

Edited by dogs32

Posted
honestly I dont know,.............you know how fickle the Storms can be.......All I think is we have a decent chance tomorrow at some point...

I think on Sat24 there might be some more cells growing to the North of Bay of Biscay.....To early to tell.But to small blobs are growing

Which infra red picks out.

Woooow !! Lets hope that they grow some and continue to follow their mates !! :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Guernsey Airport, United Kingdom (Airport) reporting a thunderstorm

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03894.html

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

bring on the rain, anything to clear this humid air!!......preferably with a rumble or 2 around breakfast time :blush:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Good luck everyone, the temperature difference ahead of it, and behind the rain should be enough to cause storms.

As last night showed, 2am onwards the storms that hit Liverpool were able to survive and become electrical during night time.

Posted

That would be nice, even if it was just a few flashes of lightning and a bit of thunder, that would make me happy :blush:

Hey dan, you might get some use out of your new camera :)

Posted

Im confident, however I'm not going to get carried away.

All it takes is a bit too much cloud in the morning, the MCS to move slightly West/East and anything can happen. Although if I was living in Devon, Somerset, Southern Wales and probably Cornwall, I'd be more worried about rainfall, that thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think cloud from the MCS will mainly affect SWern areas and i do think here and the east will enjoy alot of sunshine in the morning with increasinf cloud here in the afternoon.

Posted

It does look like rainfall is going to be a big problem, when it rains heavy round here people start to get worried and think it will be a repeat of July 2007

Posted
Actually, the storm is mainly affecting the western parts of the city. Nothing much for the east but that's to be expected in such localised downpoors. I am enjoying the almost constant thunder!

Things are clearing to the south of me and I can't see any more convection at present!

Karyo

It was a cloudburst here with gusty wnds that ripped the branches of trees. Also local flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

What do you reckon of my chances of a storm in Sherborne, Dorset tonight or tomorrow morning maybe?