Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The annual 6th form Christmas match is at my school is on December 18th, will be interesting if this came off!

http://212.100.247.145/viewimage.pbx?type=gfs;date=20091202;time=06;ext=384;file=h850t850eu;sess=73204553357400d61dc5d74eded1e2d4

Posted

A fer things might even 'drop off'?? rofl.gif

Well I am in goal and on astroturf, which is pretty painful to dive on at the best of times, let alone when it is frozen as hard as concrete! Still, nothing beats playing football in the snow. It won't come off though, we have been let down so many times...but it is impossible not to dream about what might be! cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I had football training last night and when the rain started here at about 8pm there was snow grains mixed in with it lol. I didn't expect it because we are only about 70m ASL but the temp was around 4c and dew was around 1c so I guess it was possible.

Posted

I had football training last night and when the rain started here at about 8pm there was snow grains mixed in with it lol. I didn't expect it because we are only about 70m ASL but the temp was around 4c and dew was around 1c so I guess it was possible.

Yeah think we had the same. When it started raining there was tapping against my window, like hail but not as violent. Wasn't worth staring at the lamp post for anyway, still awaiting the first snowflakes of the season!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yeah think we had the same. When it started raining there was tapping against my window, like hail but not as violent. Wasn't worth staring at the lamp post for anyway, still awaiting the first snowflakes of the season!

Still waiting for my first flakes.. Sleet doesnt count because it could be rain blowing in the wind looking decieving.

Thursday could bring some snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There was a tap on my window too last night...I think there's mad plumber about! :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Charts today showing a propper BEASTERLY from December 16th Onwards. This looks like a 'propper' winter Easterly that will bring snow to everywhere!

Too early to start pointing fingers.. But if this comes off, we have a great chance of snow on Christmas day! At the moment, the charts are telling us there is a 100% chance of snow which is VERY rare for the whole of the British Isles, never seen an Easterly like this in my 3 years of loving snow.. Could this be the end of the 'christmas pudding' and the start of the propper winters?

Take a look for yourselves!

If this comes off I will be happy enough to not see anymore snow for the rest of the winter.

Posted

There was a tap on my window too last night...I think there's mad plumber about! oops.gif

That was terrible Pete facepalm2.gif :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

That was terrible Pete facepalm2.gif :unsure:

Yay Picard facepalm! sorry that was a bit random :unsure::doh:

Edited by James M

Posted

Yay Picard facepalm! sorry that was a bit random pardon.gifbiggrin.gif

It wasn't stolen off another forum I swear :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

It wasn't stolen off another forum I swear :lol:

Ok I'll take your word for it :D

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Okay sorry mods, gone waaaay of topic now :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Okay sorry mods, gone waaaay of topic now :lol:

Mia culpa... :lol:

Posted

Had a very slight ground frost this morning at 4c

Tomorrow looks like an out of the blue cold with -4/-5c upper air coming into the west/SW.

So a few wintry showers look likely but probably abit too light by then.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_06_UTC/36_30.gif

Temps will be dropping through the day,with W/NW-ly.

Because frankly that is all we`re going to get for a while.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Charts today showing a propper BEASTERLY from December 16th Onwards. This looks like a 'propper' winter Easterly that will bring snow to everywhere!

Too early to start pointing fingers.. But if this comes off, we have a great chance of snow on Christmas day! At the moment, the charts are telling us there is a 100% chance of snow which is VERY rare for the whole of the British Isles, never seen an Easterly like this in my 3 years of loving snow.. Could this be the end of the 'christmas pudding' and the start of the propper winters?

If this comes off I will be happy enough to not see anymore snow for the rest of the winter.

It is all in Fl though i really doubt it will happen. dry.gif be wonderful if it did but it just wont. lazy.gifcray.gif

I'll eat my hat if it does though! hi.gif

I also had a frost this morning which was most un expected.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Last winter, Easterly loads of snow!!!! But until the 16th, i think the weather will be mild and wet oh well! I hope this BEASTERLY does come! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

There is a warning for the brekon beakons of heavy snow for around 400m for tomoro. Is there a risk of snow on hills of around 300m tomoro in west country do you think?

:lol::( Clutching at straws but just maybe in the evening?

Posted

Last night wasn't too bad tbh, started of with light snow and hail, then after an hour of that some proper heavy wet snow, then after about 30minutes there was heavy sleet for the rest of the night. Not too bad.

Posted

Again, my region appears to be coldest area of UK. It's like a little cold pocket :D Dropped to 2.9C here. Sky almost clear, touch and go for frost overnight. Sat charts/radar don't show much in the way of cloudcover, it's all out west from here and moving north from there.

Posted

There is a warning for the brekon beakons of heavy snow for around 400m for tomoro. Is there a risk of snow on hills of around 300m tomoro in west country do you think?

:mellow::yahoo: Clutching at straws but just maybe in the evening?

I must say that I can't believe there hasnt been that much mentioned in the forecasts about the wintry potential for tomorrow afternoon. At the moment forecasts suggesting over around 400m as the boundary.....I think that boundary should be more for snowfall, and should perhaps come down another 150m or so looking at the NMM this evening

Between midday and 9pm tomorrow (with the period around dusk looking the most supportive period) wales and the SW are bound to, IMO, see something wintry even down to lower levels, especially of course in the heavier showers. I would think that somewhere closer to 200-300m could be the snow line.

This is, of course, all based upon the NMM output, but ive found it fairly accurate in the past given its high resolution

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Normally a good direction a NW for my location

BBC weather at 2100 said Snow for the higher parts of North Wales

Not holding out to see anything wintry for here Tomorrow

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It's cold here with temps around 2C and dropping, though Leuchars is recording a surprisingly low 1.1C. People tend to have become less optmistic about this winter, particularly in the light of the last few GFS operationals, most of which have not been good for cold lovers (barring the exceptional 06Z). The NOAA seems to have rejected the last four GFS runs, and are focussing more on the GEM, ECM and the GEFS, all of which have looked slightly more promising in the medium term. So cheer up!

I must say that I can't believe there hasnt been that much mentioned in the forecasts about the wintry potential for tomorrow afternoon. At the moment forecasts suggesting over around 400m as the boundary.....I think that boundary should be more for snowfall, and should perhaps come down another 150m or so looking at the NMM this evening

Between midday and 9pm tomorrow (with the period around dusk looking the most supportive period) wales and the SW are bound to, IMO, see something wintry even down to lower levels, especially of course in the heavier showers. I would think that somewhere closer to 200-300m could be the snow line.

This is, of course, all based upon the NMM output, but ive found it fairly accurate in the past given its high resolution

SK

Some wintriness is certainly possible with sub 528 dam thicknesses for a time.