Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

All eyes on this thread as the weather moves inland!! It's looking promising!!! yahoo.gif

C.G

Backtrack was reporting Snow in Runcorn about 15mins ago so you never know

Will believe when and if i see it

C.S

Posted

I know this is kinda cheeky, but can anyone with net weather radar tell if ppn is supposed to be over preston now? because the radar im using is shocking

Posted

I know this is kinda cheeky, but can anyone with net weather radar tell if ppn is supposed to be over preston now? because the radar im using is shocking

Ahhhhhhh! the beauty of the NW radar, and so reasonably priced too!!!! :p

Don't forget to put your snow reports in here: netweather.tv/tsnow-reports

Posted

Problem for members such as myself, Alza and Snowstorm is that is the PPN going to cross the Pennines well enough? experience would tell me that any PPN will be light and patchy on this side of the hills but who knows, tonight might be different. :p

Not expecting much in terms of wintry weather i have to admit, if the cold air was that bit stronger then i would be a little bit more hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

To be honest.. I have the Net Weather radar.. It's wrong atm... Precip isnt over me!

Posted

I am at 343m asl but as yet there is nothing going on here in Bacup. Looking at the radar the precipation has not even got as far as Manchester yet. It is very cold here, the frost has been on the ground all day, and I followed the gritting lorry up the valley at 1530, they usually know what's going to happen. No snow forecast for here however, does anyone know why that is.

Thanks

Shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It just turned to snow!!!

Posted

I thought you said just before it was snowing lightly where you were?? :p

Very lightly.. Then it stopped.

Posted

Problem for members such as myself, Alza and Snowstorm is that is the PPN going to cross the Pennines well enough? experience would tell me that any PPN will be light and patchy on this side of the hills but who knows, tonight might be different. rolleyes.gif

Not expecting much in terms of wintry weather i have to admit, if the cold air was that bit stronger then i would be a little bit more hopeful.

On 4th of December 2008 the PPN was just as heavy after it crossed the pennines, i never found it too much of a problem, in conditions where the PPN is light it will die out, but moderate to heavy PPN usually stays the same as it crosses.

Posted

ppn just hit me, below 0c dew point all the signs pointed to it.... but would you believe it decided to rain instead...

EDIT:

Stopped after about 10 seconds.

Edited by K.1000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Meteox

For those with no subscription. On that radar precip for the manchester, rochdale and oldham area doesnt arrive until about 18:00 , it could also fizzle has it heads towards us.

Temp here as gone from 1.3c to 3c in the past half hour.

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Ha! That batch just passed me 30 mins ago. Fell as sleet on the solid frosty ground which is still here wallbash.gif How high are you?

It's turned back to sleety rain now! Only about 40m asl and the snow was very short lived. Temperature is going down quite quickly, but a rise in humidity meant the dew point went above 0C, although it's getting closer to being negative now. The NMM charts show best snow risk here at around 6-10pm, so perhaps it will turn back to snow again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

It just turned to snow!!!

You probably are aware of this site: http://www.fifeweather.co.uk/ I find it quite handy for checking readings on my weather station.

Posted

Temps on the rise here, now a balmy 2.5c, i dont expect the PPN to arrive till 9PM, hopefully it will be as snow.

Posted

you also had a dew point of -8 and then 4 mins later you said -0c

are you telling snowkies :p

Nah, Wunderground told me -8c then xc weather said 0c.

Posted

No chance of anything at low levels away from perhaps the central belt of Scotland. This is about as marginal as you can get. These setups are borderline even when you have had a good polar feed. Id probably be looking at 100-150m for seeing wintryness, higher still for snow and 250m+ in general for anything lying.

Whatever does fall wont last long as temperatures are rising rapidly to 4-6C behind the front.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seems to be a little sleet here as the front sets in at about 115m ASL.

Posted

No chance of anything at low levels away from perhaps the central belt of Scotland. This is about as marginal as you can get. These setups are borderline even when you have had a good polar feed. Id probably be looking at 100-150m for seeing wintryness, higher still for snow and 250m+ in general for anything lying.

Whatever does fall wont last long as temperatures are rising rapidly to 4-6C behind the front.

Do you think the met are been a bit rash saying 5cm+, even ilkley (north leeds 30m} is forecast some heavy snow.

Posted

Do you think the met are been a bit rash saying 5cm+, even ilkley (north leeds 30m} is forecast some heavy snow.

Aye I would say they have, 5cm+ over 3000ft but little below that I would say!