Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted

600 quid is a bit steep, are there any that will simply tell me dew point, temperature, and humidity? for less than 40 quid

In fact, can anyone tell me what is expected in a weather station? what you should get etc..?

The closest you'll get (current an offer on at the moment) was 99.99 and you can get it for 69.99, it come's with software so you can use it on your pc too. It was 99.99, it does not mention dew on it, but trust me it does have the dew point, as it's the weather station i had :unsure:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=228825&source=1

Perfect for a starter like you.

lewis

Or if you want to upstage a little;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223254

119.99 the one i have now, although i'll be replacing it with this come next week

http://www.oregonscientific.co.uk/cat-Weather-sub-Professional-prod-Professional-Weather-Station-.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I was going to buy a weather station but no point since my school have one and i just use that lol :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Mine is reasonable, a WS2350 with rainfall, wind and dewpoint display: the only problem is the heavyweather software that comes with it is very basic.

edit: Anyway, back on topic, gfs 18Z showing dewpoints (premium netweather only) of -1C from Hawick to Brechin at 3pm tomorrow, so coupled with some precipitation I'd say chances of eastern Scotland seeing some snow falling are fairly reasonable at the moment.

CW

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Air frost outside with temperatures below freezing, expecting to get down to -3 degrees possibly -4 degrees, so a notably cold night considering the very mild nights we endured for the majority of November.

As for snow prospects, the BBC seem confident that at low level N Ireland will see some snowfall as the front hits the cold air, but nowhere else on low ground, its all due to timing I think, if the front was arriving around dawn in western Britain then I think some low level snowfall would happen here, alas the front will be arriving on the mainland around lunchtime when temperatures will be too high for any low level snowfall, however, higher ground looks like it will get quite a bit.

Posted

Air frost outside with temperatures below freezing, expecting to get down to -3 degrees possibly -4 degrees, so a notably cold night considering the very mild nights we endured for the majority of November.

As for snow prospects, the BBC seem confident that at low level N Ireland will see some snowfall as the front hits the cold air, but nowhere else on low ground, its all due to timing I think, if the front was arriving around dawn in western Britain then I think some low level snowfall would happen here, alas the front will be arriving on the mainland around lunchtime when temperatures will be too high for any low level snowfall, however, higher ground looks like it will get quite a bit.

Hope so. Ulster tv forecast is also going for Snow at low levels, May be Heavy for a time then turning to rain around 12-1pm.

Edited by jello

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Hope so. Ulster tv forecast is also going for Snow at low levels, May be Heavy for a time then turning to rain around 12-1pm.

I think the West of NI may well see some Low level snowfall for an hour or two, as it moves further East it will get confined to hills and on the Far East (Irish Coastal counties) I'd expect it to be quite non-existant, even at higher levels. Tonight my temps are the lowest so far this Autumn, 1.3c and quite steady at that. Max hit 6c this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS wants to bring in a very brief spell of colder weather for the Southern half of the UK on Thursday with some sleet possible and snow probably for higher ground. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

so theres a chance of snow here now for a couple of hours at most???? temps is 0.9c and dp is..-1.5c great conditions for snow......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

so theres a chance of snow here now for a couple of hours at most???? temps is 0.9c and dp is..-1.5c great conditions for snow......

Yes if the temp stays below about 2c then yes..

-0.3c here with a DP of minus 4! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Any chance of snow for me? :)

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

light sleet falling about 30mins ago here in south Lanarkshire. today probably the last day this week to see some snow flakes temp rising quicker than expected here this morning which doesn't look good for proper snow I hope i am wrong

capturej.png

Posted

Morning all. Min temps last night brought the village and Buxton both equally down to -4.7'c overnight, with it now just below freezing at -0.1'c at 10.34am.

Significant ground frost on the tops of the hills with them looking like they had a dusting of snow rather than frost overnight (but I know better than to be fooled.) Looking forward to the pre-frontal activity later as it digs into this lower cold air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

Still sitting at -0.1 here in Eastern Scottish Borders (Greenlaw)

Sorry just rose to 0 now!

Hoping it doesn't go too high before the front arrives :rolleyes:

Posted

Hoping to see some snow here in the next hour or so before it quickly turns to rain i presume.

Temp has 'shot up' from -4c at 9am this morning to 4c already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow

As you can see by the attached image, our frost is just now starting to melt....

To be fair though - It has been at 3 or below here for almost 40 hours!

post-10546-12596706218372.txt

try again, clicked the attach button this time :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Still very cold here in Consett with some frost places.

I'm quite hopeful of a spell of snow later today up here. It would have been better if it came before 5 when i'm still in Consett but even back at home at 200m i'm hoping for a temporary covering.

Posted

Hoping to see some snow here in the next hour or so before it quickly turns to rain i presume.

Temp has 'shot up' from -4c at 9am this morning to 4c already.

yes hoping to see something today myself but don't think it will last long temp rising rapidly

Posted

Still -2c here. Reached -7c at 6am. Central Region is coldest area in UK right now.

I'm watching that rain band from the west. :lol:

yes its getting more cloudy here wind has picked up also keeping fingers crossed also watching the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Maybe a chance of Sleet here current temp 3c DP 0c

High ground looking good for a significent fall of Snow later.

Over night low of -4c here

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well last night was the coldest of this winter so far for us.

A chilly -4.3c last night!:unsure::winky:

100% cloud cover here now with temperature of 4.1c and a dew point of -5 however i expect nothing but rain. :whistling::unsure:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Very dark clouds rolling in now

Expecting the rain very soon now

Current temp still holding at 3c with DP 0c still expecting nothing else but rain though

C.S